Trying Good Chop... we'll see how good it is.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
After a local butcher had a major fire, we have struggled with buying meat.
Grocery store meat just flat out sucks, all there is to it.
So looking at reviews and comparisons between Good Chop/ButcherBox/Crowd Cow... I went with Good Chop.
The Hype - as low as $2.34 serving. Yeah whatever, I knew that would be a farse and it is. Unless you buy all ground chicken you won't reach that number.
After promo, I spent $128 total with $30 off first order.
I got enough meat to feed Bonzi and I nine times. Which equals $7.11 per serving. Not cheap.
Could have been cheaper, I chose Salmon and 2 steaks which drove that cost up about $2 per serving.
So more expensive than Grocery store, but if the quality is as good as reviews - it will be worth it.
I'll supply pics etc. when the box arrives if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
To note - I will get the promo the first 3 orders. After that I cannot imagine I will stick with them, since without the promo it would be $8.78/serving. Pretty expensive considering besides the steak and salmon, I chose ground beef, pork sausage/bacon/boneless chops.

Last edited:
After a local butcher had a major fire, we have struggled with buying meat.
Grocery store meat just flat out sucks, all there is to it.
So looking at reviews and comparisons between Good Chop/ButcherBox/Crowd Cow... I went with Good Chop.
The Hype - as low as $2.34 serving. Yeah whatever, I knew that would be a farse and it is. Unless you buy all ground chicken you won't reach that number.
After promo, I spent $128 total with $30 off first order.
I got enough meat to feed Bonzi and I nine times. Which equals $7.11 per serving. Not cheap.
Could have been cheaper, I chose Salmon and 2 steaks which drove that cost up about $2 per serving.
So more expensive than Grocery store, but if the quality is as good as reviews - it will be worth it.
I'll supply pics etc. when the box arrives if anyone is interested.
we tried butcher box for 3 months and found we got better meat at aldi,,

it was over priced and quality was about the same,,

the pork ribs is what really sealed it for me,, small and not so much meat,,

we tried butcher box for 3 months and found we got better meat at aldi,,

it was over priced and quality was about the same,,

the pork ribs is what really sealed it for me,, small and not so much meat,,
I am a tense mess at Aldi I cannot take the place. I have tried 3 times, can't do it.
I am ADD to the max... I cannot tolerate the disorder and things randomly all over the place like Aldi is.
Drives me nuts.

I am a tense mess at Aldi I cannot take the place. I have tried 3 times, can't do it.
I am ADD to the max... I cannot tolerate the disorder and things randomly all over the place like Aldi is.
Drives me nuts.
theres no disorder or are things all over the place,, they are always in the exact same place,,
it is tough for some that want perfection and multiple choices,,

when they first started out here there were w few problems but most have been worked out,,

once you learn what they have and dont have you can shop accordingly,,
and most of their products are canned and labeled by major brands,,

I love the biggest complaint of having to use a quarter to get a shopping cart,,

its our #1 shopping place but from time to time have to go else where for a specific item,,

1) Food arrived well packaged, and everything was still frozen... a miracle considering when it arrived last Thursday the heat index was 108. However, we were home so it was outside no more than 30 seconds.
2) The color of each product was good.
3) The Hamburger was excellent. Good flavor, texture and grind was good and blood present. Just what you want.
4) Salmon. Okay, my expectations were not high because it is frozen. And unless it is flash frozen, fish is just never going to be as good if it was ever frozen. And it wasn't. It was superior to grocery store salmon for sure, but can't touch wild caught fresh. But not bad. I won't cook it again by itself, will incorporate it in a rice bowl, soup or something like that. It is not good enough to eat on it's own.
So that is the first disappointment.

Chicken/Steak/ Pork Chops coming up.

Last night I ground up the boneless chicken thighs to make chicken burgers.
What do you say? It's chicken.
Had the steak tonight.
First impression is once I opened the vacuum sealed package - a good couple tablespoons of blood are in the package after I took them out. Exactly what you want to see. Steak should be well bloody.
The taste was excellent, and the meat was very tender. Pretty darn right up there with butcher store quality. Superior to grocery store beef by a long shot.
So the steak is a hit.

Forgot about this thread.
I never ordered another round and canceled.
It is just too expensive for no apparent incentive to spend that much.

You're a Canadian, just stick your hand in the river and grab you some swimming upstream to mate.
😄
This is the problem,.Americans think we all live in the Outback and walk the world with character, one with nature. Our population has more in common with the old Soviet Union than we do America. A few of us are trying to get into heaven among so many who, well....

This is the problem,.Americans think we all live in the Outback and walk the world with character, one with nature. Our population has more in common with the old Soviet Union than we do America. A few of us are trying to get into heaven among so many who, well....
When I think of Canada......

TrailerParkboysxvhuioi.jpg

Forum List

Back