Truths for people under 45

The Demographic Ponzi Scheme is coming undone.

In 1945, there were approximately 42 taxpayers per beneficiary.

Today we're around 3; and within a couple of decades, the ratio will drop to 2.

The only way to solve the problem is to move to a Chilean type of system of privatized accounts with the safety net for only the truly needy. Anyone who is not retired today, even older than 45, should not count on SS.

Social Security is currently solvent until about 2037 so it is bullshit to say that 45 year olds won't get SS.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh......they might (actually) do the required-research, after-which the screaming & crying would be (nearly) intolerable.

:eek:

SS was in fine shape until that moron LBJ opened the lockbox.

Once the Clowns in Congress had access to all that money, well. No one needs to tell you what happened to it all.

To bad LBJ can't drop dead more than once.
If that was possible, he'd have to stand-in-line.

ReRon would STILL be dying....if Karma was an issue....​

LBJ, a Democrat, is the moron who screwed up SS.

As I said. To bad he can't drop dead twice.

Not entirely a waste. We have yet another bit of proof that you neither read for comprehension nor think logically.

I said Social Security is solvent until 2037, you claimed I was wrong,

and then, hilariously, you proceeded to post evidence that in fact supports MY statement.

You quoted:

The annual deficits will be made up by redeeming trust fund assets in amounts less than interest earnings through 2024, and then by redeeming trust fund assets until reserves are exhausted in 2037

Solvent, by definition, means able to pay obligations. So by your own quote, you demonstrated that, yes, in the current situation, SS will be solvent, i.e., able to pay benefits in full, until 2037.

So the one suffering from a lack of logic and reading comprehension, would be?

...oh, right, that would be you.

Last edited:
Right as rain - something has to give.

My pipe-dream is that Congress will never "borrow" any more funds from the Social Security trust to fund other budget deficits and pet projects. They will also repay WITH INTEREST to the Social Security trust every dime they have borrowed year after year after year and make a public apology to the American people for having done so.

Now, what's that stuff that's put in a pipe and smoked to give you a good high ..... and where do you get those pipes?

Aren't you the one who tried to claim there's no millionnaires in the Democratic party?

No - I didn't try to claim there were no millionaires in the Democratic party - but it seems to be the basis for all the Dems whining and griping - they make themselves sound like all the millionaires and billionaires are members of the Republican party. They never make any complaints about all the Dems who definitely are millionaires and billionaires. It's all aimed at rich, selfish, Republicans.

Last edited:
Spun? Did you not see their rallies? Their signs held while attending said rallies? How is that spin, exactly?

Did you see the interviews following the oBama election? "No more bills" said one..."Obama money" said another.

So should I assume tha all balcks that voted for Obama truly believed that they were getting free stuff from here on in?

That, my friend, is what I am referring to as spin.

You saw strictly what they wanted you to see.

And now you spew it like it is the sentiments of millions.
I think your post is spin. I never saw anyone claim "no more bills" or "Obama money"

Then you must have been watching Sesame Street or something else during the live broadcast of Obama's post-election extravaganza. One woman was almost crazy out of her mind with euphoria and she was yelling, "Obama gonna pay my mortgage from now on - I ain't gonna have to pay no more mortgage!!!"

Wonder how that's been working out for her?

Did you see the interviews following the oBama election? "No more bills" said one..."Obama money" said another.

So should I assume tha all balcks that voted for Obama truly believed that they were getting free stuff from here on in?

That, my friend, is what I am referring to as spin.

You saw strictly what they wanted you to see.

And now you spew it like it is the sentiments of millions.
I think your post is spin. I never saw anyone claim "no more bills" or "Obama money"

Then you must have been watching Sesame Street or something else during the live broadcast of Obama's post-election extravaganza. One woman was almost crazy out of her mind with euphoria and she was yelling, "Obama gonna pay my mortgage from now on - I ain't gonna have to pay no more mortgage!!!"

Wonder how that's been working out for her?

Yep. Kinda like the woman I saw who was screaming about Obama buying her a car. Jeeze. People are so gullible and stupid.

There will be no Social security when and if you retire.
There will be no public pensions when and if you retire.
Anyone promising something more than 2 years down the line is either lying through their teeth or completely naive about the state of reality.
This government spending will have to be reckoned with and soon.
And yet you just made such a promise. :lol:

btw, I'm pretty sure Republicans have been making your claim since the time of FDR.

If you know what a ponzi scheme looks like you can make that claim the very first moment it's proposed... that doesn't mean you can predict how long it will take.

It's just like fiat currency, or deficit spending... sooner or later economic reality catches up with you. It's inescapable. That which is financially insolvent cannot endure. The only question is time.

Anyone promising something more than 2 years down the line is either lying through their teeth or completely naive about the state of reality.
The selfish babyboomers have fucked the Gen x'ers royally.

Whatr should the GenX do in response?

I'll toss another one in.
Everything you were ever taught about history was nothing but complete lies.

I agree it is highly unlikely we will ever see these funds again.

Of course, the left has told us for years that there is no problem

:lol:

Pro-rate call it for what it really is - a tax
Change it for people under, say 45 and allow them to use more like a 401k

The left hates this idea- god forbid you should let people have more control over their money
They only believe in choice for some things....
Plus, this would take away power from the gov't- we can't have that now- can we

Last edited:

Well, that is the Republican Agenda.

Not entirely a waste. We have yet another bit of proof that you neither read for comprehension nor think logically.

and then, hilariously, you proceeded to post evidence that in fact supports MY statement.

You quoted:

The annual deficits will be made up by redeeming trust fund assets in amounts less than interest earnings through 2024, and then by redeeming trust fund assets until reserves are exhausted in 2037

Solvent, by definition, means able to pay obligations. So by your own quote, you demonstrated that, yes, in the current situation, SS will be solvent, i.e., able to pay benefits in full, until 2037.

Oh my, at that time I will be 95. When the checks stop, I will proceed to take my cane and beat every Republican in sight:lol:

Just a side note about Social Security specifically... I have a friend in her 80s who lives off of Social Security which she paid into her whole life in good faith... they claim there has not been any inflation since 2004, which is how they measure any increased income for her... so it's not just those of us under 45 who are screwed by this scheme... it's everyone from top to bottom at this point.

You were misinformed.

Social security has had COLA increases a number of times since 2004.

There will be no COLA increases for 2010, however.

ACcording to the government inflation was less than 1% this year.

But like you I believe their accounting of inflation is DESIGNED to discount the real effects of rising prices.

NOT including the cost of energy and food when computing inflation, for example, is simply complete economic nonsense.

I'd guesimate that inflation that truly effects consumers means we've had 4 or 5% inflation in 2010.

And as the cost of energy and food seems to be spiking again, it could easily be twice that next year.

You quoted:

Oh my, at that time I will be 95. When the checks stop, I will proceed to take my cane and beat every Republican in sight:lol:

You should beat the Democrats for selling you a "bag of goods" called Social Security

Besides, with PapaObama Care you won't make it to 95, you won't get past the death panels
:eusa_angel:

Last edited:

Youhave been misinformed.

The boomers not only paid the long overdue deficiet left over from the WWII generation, they also more than funded their own retirement throught 2050.

Yeah, that's right , sport, the Boomers have paid for TWO generations wotht of SS.

If the money's NOT there its because it was pissed away giving tax break to billionaires and fighting wars for Empire.

Now that IS the fault of the boomer generation of MASTERS but the people can hardly be faulted for being lead by vipers and liars.

It isn't like we had much choice given the sham of our poltical system.

Blame the people who made the DECISONS, not their victims.

Jesus Christ on a crutch, how hard is THAT to figure out?

Youhave been misinformed.

The boomers not only paid the long overdue deficiet left over from the WWII generation, they also more than funded their own retirement throught 2050.

Yeah, that's right , sport, the Boomers have paid for TWO generations wotht of SS.

If the money's NOT there its because it was pissed away giving tax break to billionaires and fighting wars for Empire.

Now that IS the fault of the boomer generation of MASTERS but the people can hardly be faulted for being lead by vipers and liars.

It isn't like we had much choice given the sham of our poltical system.

Blame the people who made the DECISONS, not their victims.

Jesus Christ on a crutch, how hard is THAT to figure out?

If the money was there already then tax breaks would have made no difference-correct

Social Security is a pyramid scheme that is starting to crumble

If anyone tried financing something the way Social Security does - they would be arrested

Last edited:

no_spam.png

Avatar4321, you may want to tell the King, why not leave right now and don't come back till you see him. "As Chicken-licken was going one day to the wood, whack! an acorn fell from a tree on to his head.

"Gracious goodness me!" said Chicken-licken, "the sky must have fallen; I must go and tell the King."" Chicken Licken

If the OP demonstrates one thing, it demonstrates how negative and fatalist a nation raised on privilege has become. Those under 45 who engage in this constant whining should get up off their backside and do something. Vote good people in, buy American, complain about outsourcing, volunteer - the nation of 'can do' has become the nation of the sky is falling. When did that happen?

"There is no test of the good society so clear, so decisive, as its willingness to tax - to forgo private income, expenditures and the expensively cultivated superfluities of private consumption - in order to develop and sustain a strong educational system for all its citizens. The economic rewards of so doing are not in doubt. Nor the political gains. But the true reward is in the larger, deeper, better life for everyone that only education provides." John Kenneth Galbraith, 'The Good Society' [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Good-Society-Humane-Agenda/dp/0395859980/ref=pd_sim_b_1]Amazon.com: The Good Society: The Humane Agenda (0046442859981): John Kenneth Galbraith: Books[/ame]

Read about the modern whiners here: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Culture-Contentment-Penguin-economics-Galbraith/dp/0140173668/ref=sr_1_31?s=books&ie=UTF8]Amazon.com: Culture of Contentment, the (Penguin economics) (9780140173666): John Kenneth Galbraith: Books[/ame]

Forum List

Back