Truths for people under 45

Avatar4321, you may want to tell the King, why not leave right now and don't come back till you see him. "As Chicken-licken was going one day to the wood, whack! an acorn fell from a tree on to his head.

"Gracious goodness me!" said Chicken-licken, "the sky must have fallen; I must go and tell the King."" Chicken Licken

If the OP demonstrates one thing, it demonstrates how negative and fatalist a nation raised on privilege has become. Those under 45 who engage in this constant whining should get up off their backside and do something. Vote good people in, buy American, complain about outsourcing, volunteer - the nation of 'can do' has become the nation of the sky is falling. When did that happen?

"There is no test of the good society so clear, so decisive, as its willingness to tax - to forgo private income, expenditures and the expensively cultivated superfluities of private consumption - in order to develop and sustain a strong educational system for all its citizens. The economic rewards of so doing are not in doubt. Nor the political gains. But the true reward is in the larger, deeper, better life for everyone that only education provides." John Kenneth Galbraith, 'The Good Society' Amazon.com: The Good Society: The Humane Agenda (0046442859981): John Kenneth Galbraith: Books

Read about the modern whiners here: Amazon.com: Culture of Contentment, the (Penguin economics) (9780140173666): John Kenneth Galbraith: Books

Kicking out the Democrats and their radical policies from the House is a start...

Avatar4321, you may want to tell the King, why not leave right now and don't come back till you see him. "As Chicken-licken was going one day to the wood, whack! an acorn fell from a tree on to his head.

"Gracious goodness me!" said Chicken-licken, "the sky must have fallen; I must go and tell the King."" Chicken Licken

If the OP demonstrates one thing, it demonstrates how negative and fatalist a nation raised on privilege has become. Those under 45 who engage in this constant whining should get up off their backside and do something. Vote good people in, buy American, complain about outsourcing, volunteer - the nation of 'can do' has become the nation of the sky is falling. When did that happen?

"There is no test of the good society so clear, so decisive, as its willingness to tax - to forgo private income, expenditures and the expensively cultivated superfluities of private consumption - in order to develop and sustain a strong educational system for all its citizens. The economic rewards of so doing are not in doubt. Nor the political gains. But the true reward is in the larger, deeper, better life for everyone that only education provides." John Kenneth Galbraith, 'The Good Society' Amazon.com: The Good Society: The Humane Agenda (0046442859981): John Kenneth Galbraith: Books

Read about the modern whiners here: Amazon.com: Culture of Contentment, the (Penguin economics) (9780140173666): John Kenneth Galbraith: Books

Kicking out the Democrats and their radical policies from the House is a start...

Yes, today's Democrats are radical....

You are profound!

Hey, don't keep it all to yourself, please lay some more wisdom on us!

You are profound!

Sure

Truth is hard for the left; in fact, it is their worst enemy

No need to thank me
:eusa_whistle:

You are profound!

Sure

No need to thank me

Yeah, I know, right? We're so stupid! Absolutely repelled by facts.

Nothing like the brilliant Republicans.:cuckoo:

You are profound!

Sure

No need to thank me

I know the left still thinks Social Security is OK

Again, no need to thank me
:eusa_shhh:

Sure

No need to thank me

Yeah... $2.6T Surplus, solvent for 20-some years without changes, plenty of time to make changes... But stupid Democrats don't realize that equation = disaster!

What do you think the solution is? Cut taxes and increase the military?

Oh, btw, I was being sarcastic. Actually, I think you're an imbecile.

Yeah... $2.6T Surplus, solvent for 20-some years without changes, plenty of time to make changes... But stupid Democrats don't realize that equation = disaster!

What color is the sky in your world

Of course, the CBO could be part of the "right wing"

OK... I will be patient with you, because I find it entirely possible, probable even, that you don't understand what you've just posted.

Your chart is tracking the estimates for SS income and disbursements assuming no changes are made. As indicated, 2017 is the first year that it "Loses" money.

That's where the surplus comes into the equation. SS has "Made" money every year of it's existence so far. So when you take our current $2.6T Surplus, and add another 100-some odd billion for the surpluses from present to 2016, you wind up with a $2.7T surplus. So actually, as your chart indicates, the program will have an even bigger surplus in 2017 than it has now.

Over time as people retire and continue to live longer than the program ever initially anticipated, changes will be needed for its continued survival. But soaking up that huge surplus will take decades. Just because the program starts to "Lose" money in 2017 doesn't mean the program overall has lost money. That, without changes, doesn't take place until 2039 or something to that nature.

Do you know what that chart means, exactly?

Last edited:

Yes, but apparently you don't
Unless you think this speaks well of Social Security

Please tell how nothing is wrong with Social Security
We need a good laugh for the day
:eusa_angel:

LOL SURPLUS. yes everyone takes IOUs.

LOL SURPLUS. yes everyone takes IOUs.

Plus, every year the CBO keeps adjusting the figures to show a worse financial outlook for Social Security

But hey, the Left thinks everything is OK

Last edited:

And yet you can't explain the chart. :lol:

Social Security was worse off in 1983 than it is now, and Reagan's commission fixed it. There's no reason it can't be fixed again.

Social Security was worse off in 1983 than it is now, and Reagan's commission fixed it. There's no reason it can't be fixed again.

You mean to tell us that government spending Americas retirement since 1965 was fixed by a commish.

Odd the government still spends it. Instead of collecting interest, we pay it. I guess you will be fine with being given an IOU. I will stick with cash.

Pray tell us, how?

they can't! They just think it sounds good to claim. They interjected themselves into a exchange they were not even part
of to make some false accusation. Same thing with these kind of posters, when they go around claiming "they won"

Like most leftist programs, symbolism over substance

I asked how it is not relevant; it was posted in response to a claim by someone

Perhaps they see "hope and change" in it somehow

Last edited:

Sure, but you imposed yourself on the exchange that you were not part of and made accusations- lets hear them

Please, tell us what is wrong- this should be good for a laugh

ACcording to the government inflation was less than 1% this year.

But like you I believe their accounting of inflation is DESIGNED to discount the real effects of rising prices.

NOT including the cost of energy and food when computing inflation, for example, is simply complete economic nonsense.

But since food and energy ARE included in calculating inflation, both the CPI-U, the most commonly reported measure, and the CPI-W, used for Social Security adjustments, and the PCE, used in calculating GDP, your beliefs don't seem trustworthy.

Common Misconceptions about the Consumer Price Index: Questions and Answers Common Misconceptions about the CPI

Pray tell us, how?

We will have to tax you for the money Bush stole over 8 years. Of course the way to fix it, is write a law to keep the Congress fingers off of it. Prop 99 in CA for smokers is a bullet proof law that the best Retard Governor has not been able to gain access to through the court systems. The money fund is locked in to 4-5 specific tobacco related needs based on a percentage of the fund, with no other allocations.

Forum List

Back