CDZ Trump's true Democrat colors begin to show

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
As usual, Trump is "throwing as much mud on the wall" as he can and seeing what sticks. In the process of doing so, however, he's also showing his true dyed in the wool Democrat roots.
Really? The most liberal of all the people running has ideas that will be acceptable to a Republican?

Now if we could just get Trump to espouse the integrity Mr. Sanders has shown throughout the race...What are the odds of that happening? Slim to none, no doubt...and "slim's" train just left the station.

Ok. Personally, I seriously question Trump but I am trying to find a justified reason why Trump would not make an attempt to attract other voters. I think the Democrats and others are finally figuring out that liberals will not vote for the Democrats simply because they are Democrats. We don't care what the media or elite faction wants. It's like watching gerbils (or hamsters or whatever the hell they are):
pippi-wheel.jpg

ZOMG the next election..........the next election......

Many are not even paying attention to what is happening or being said. It's all about the process.

Many people interact without giving a dang about whether or not someone is a "true conservative" or a "true liberal". In theory, once elected, you are supposed to get over yourself and get to work. It's pretty funny that people are labeled as "anti-establishment" when in reality the elite squad is a bunch of self entitled nitwits bent on "right to rule".

Ok. Personally, I seriously question Trump but I am trying to find a justified reason why Trump would not make an attempt to attract other voters. I think the Democrats and others are finally figuring out that liberals will not vote for the Democrats simply because they are Democrats. We don't care what the media or elite faction wants. It's like watching gerbils (or hamsters or whatever the hell they are):
pippi-wheel.jpg

ZOMG the next election..........the next election......

Many are not even paying attention to what is happening or being said. It's all about the process.

Many people interact without giving a dang about whether or not someone is a "true conservative" or a "true liberal". In theory, once elected, you are supposed to get over yourself and get to work. It's pretty funny that people are labeled as "anti-establishment" when in reality the elite squad is a bunch of self entitled nitwits bent on "right to rule".

If you are wondering what that is in your picture...it's a democrat.

As usual, Trump is "throwing as much mud on the wall" as he can and seeing what sticks. In the process of doing so, however, he's also showing his true dyed in the wool Democrat roots.
Really? The most liberal of all the people running has ideas that will be acceptable to a Republican?

Now if we could just get Trump to espouse the integrity Mr. Sanders has shown throughout the race...What are the odds of that happening? Slim to none, no doubt...and "slim's" train just left the station.

he's not a "democrat". he's an extreme rightwing populist.

he's trying to talk up bernie because he thinks bernie is easier to beat.

Trump IS a centrist progressive establishment, Trump supporters.

He will pivot to
  • amnesty and reform discussions
  • much higher taxes on the upper brackets
  • single payer systems
  • a more modified abortion plan
but he will be trying to be more acceptable to all Americans in order to create a Trump state. If he succeeds the far right will scream bloody murder.

I was afraid that this would happen and I told many people that he eventually will betray them. I have always liked much of what Trump says, but I never thought, still don't, that he will actually do any of it.

This is no surprise at all.

wow, someone must not sleep and stay up all night scouring the Internet for Trump articles. sheesh

good ole CNN. stirring the crap daily for the DNC

I think Trump is revealing some long obscured facts. The American electorate couldn't care less about "ideological purity". He's in the process of stealing the Republican electorate from Preibus and Co., and all they can do is stand there looking feeble and stupid. He'll draw as many of the Bernie-blinded as he can pick off. They'll call them Trump Democrats, rather than Reagan Democrats. Poorly educated, angry, xenophobic, anyone who'll respond to the red meat he flings. It's pure personality, not pure ideology, that's ruling this election cycle on the Republican side.

This race is over. It's a simple dynamic from here out. Do we have a majority of people who will swallow this red meat or a majority who will reject it? Other than oppo research and the effect that might have on things, that's the only real question left.

I think Trump is revealing some long obscured facts. The American electorate couldn't care less about "ideological purity". He's in the process of stealing the Republican electorate from Preibus and Co., and all they can do is stand there looking feeble and stupid. He'll draw as many of the Bernie-blinded as he can pick off. They'll call them Trump Democrats, rather than Reagan Democrats. Poorly educated, angry, xenophobic, anyone who'll respond to the red meat he flings. It's pure personality, not pure ideology, that's ruling this election cycle on the Republican side.

This race is over. It's a simple dynamic from here out. Do we have a majority of people who will swallow this red meat or a majority who will reject it? Other than oppo research and the effect that might have on things, that's the only real question left.
That question is easy. He won't get 40% and then he will start his own party next year. That may help broaden the base so it has progressives left and right who will have to build a consensus that can win elections.

progressives left and right

What exactly are right progressives and left progressives? I can't find any broadly accepted explanation of what those terms actually mean. Who in present day politics would you identify as a "right progressive?"
At best and in my own gleaning of what you might mean, the idea of a "right progressive" is seen as something of a swap of what Republican currently means with what it meant in the post-Civil War era when Republicans were "liberal" and Democrats were "conservative."

Trump is a narcissistic, populist, with demigod tendencies, will say and do anything provided people clap. Not a conservative by any standards. No respect for the constitution, views it as an inconvenient obstacle, as exhibited in his business exploits. Isolationist at heart, apparently believes in a strong defense, the make America Great slogan, Delusional in what it will take to balance the budget address the massive national debt, would prefer to kick the can down the road, as exhibited by his tax plan. No apparent belief in scaling back the scope and size of government nor desire to transfer power back to the states and communities, exhibited in every speech in that he knows best. Against free trade, adamantly in support of Smoot Howley style tariff act, trade quotas and barriers. A rino, no, conservative, no, populist, yes, in that he blends bits and pieces together to weave his positions. In short closer to an old style Democrat then a Republican. Will he gain the nomination, yes, will he win? that will remain to be seen as to how gullible Americans are.

I was afraid that this would happen and I told many people that he eventually will betray them. I have always liked much of what Trump says, but I never thought, still don't, that he will actually do any of it.

This is no surprise at all.

Good for you for seeing the obvious - Trumpery is a liar 91% of the time.

People like you just don't seem to get it. People are SICK of cookie cutter politicians. Most people are NOT cookie cutter partisans, and so why would we want our politicians to be ? Bernie DOES have an interesting message, and not every aspect of it is bad, most is, but not all.

Forum List

Back