Trump's Next Move Towards a Fascist State: Take Away Licensing of T.V. Networks

Trump suggests challenging NBC's broadcast license

Well, it looks like trump has had enough of liberal propoganda.

Hopefully this will be the end of MSNBC. NBC, CNN et al.

Once we shut down the propoganda networks, i bet our country will be stronger than ever before!

The market and the Internet are already punishing the LMSM. Trump is making a mistake here
Trump is doing what he does best, stepping on his own dick.
He needs to FOCUS but he's having to much fun trolling to do it. He is acting like all of us.

When a media outlet quotes Trump, he whines at how unfair and unjust they are being. :lol:

Trump isn't alone. Hell, even Hillary recently complained that the press was unfair to her.
I don't recall her calling for an investigation or for the removal of NBC's license.

See post 58.

Dude, the DNC OWNS the national media along with Hollywood and other major media outlets. Stop crying like a scorned, teenage girl.
Wait, did you just whine about the DNC owning the media and then whine I'm the one who should stop crying? Really? :lol:

The Tweet:

“With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!”

He said he would challenge their license. We have freedom of the press, but the press can't make stuff up.

For example NBC can't report that The Rock keeps child sex slaves in his basement unless they have proof.

He can't prove that they did "make stuff up."

But hey why didn't he condemn Alex Jones for "making stuff up" about Pizzagate?

Yes, if Trump says something reported isn't true, he has to prove it.

Alex Jones was praised by Trump, and even called into his show.

Trump is President how do you want him to prove it? Should he release confidential national security conversations that he had?

It's funny how the news played M&M video tape last night on the BET awards .
Hey you dumb ass news stations, the NFL Commissioner said no more kneeing .

So get off your knees jackasses and stop with this bullshit news .............

He won't do it, idiot. We won't let him. But he wants to. Shit..,..he has already convinced you that NBC and CNN are fake news.
I don't recall trump telling me 20 year ago that CNN and NBC were communist propaganda institutions.

In fact, I don't think Trump believed that UNTIL he ran to prevent "The Coronation" and took away "Her Turn".

The Tweet:

“With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!”

He said he would challenge their license. We have freedom of the press, but the press can't make stuff up.

For example NBC can't report that The Rock keeps child sex slaves in his basement unless they have proof.

He can't prove that they did "make stuff up."

But hey why didn't he condemn Alex Jones for "making stuff up" about Pizzagate?

Yes, if Trump says something reported isn't true, he has to prove it.

Alex Jones was praised by Trump, and even called into his show.

Trump is President how do you want him to prove it? Should he release confidential national security conversations that he had?

Funny how you use this as an argument... kind of like when people argued that Russia wasn't responsible for influencing the election because the government wouldn't release the classified information. It is a knife that cuts both ways.

If Trump wants to punish a news outlet for saying they are lying, he has to prove they are. He can't just SAY they are.

Once we shut down the propoganda networks, i bet our country will be stronger than ever before!
And when the democrats take over and shut down what's left then what?

I can not believe ANYONE would support this bullshit.

Taking away any funding I can see. Seperate the government from for profit enterprises.

But this boot on the throat of free speech is beyond the pale.

I can not believe ANYONE would support this bullshit.

Taking away any funding I can see. Seperate the government from for profit enterprises.

But this boot on the throat of free speech is beyond the pale.

This is the problem now facing our society that partisanship is so important to some people they no longer care about everyone being equal and getting the same rights. What they fail to realize is, their party will not always be in power, and the rules that are changed for them today, that help advance their agenda, can later be used as a weapon against them.

There are examples from both sides, and thus why I'm an independent. It's all ridiculous.

And THAT folks is the REAL issue.

Government should not have that kind of power, because when the nasty commie gets back in power (too late for Obama), he/she will go nuclear on all media rights in turn.

DO

NOT

USE

GOVERNMENT

TO

LIMIT

MEDIA

FOR

ANY

REASON!!!

Licenses under discussion are local TV station licenses - in this particular case, stations OWNED outright by the networks. Those licenses, at time for renewal, can be challenged by anyone for any reason they choose. Whether the challenge might be successful......well, that's up the merits of the challenge. Unfortunately, license terms have been stretched out to an extent where the window of opportunity for a challenge has been reduced to about 1/2 of one generation.

If we want the opportunity to challenge licenses then the term needs to be shortened to perhaps two years only.

Government should not have that kind of power, because when the nasty commie gets back in power (too late for Obama), he/she will go nuclear on all media rights in turn.

DO

NOT

USE

GOVERNMENT

TO

LIMIT

MEDIA

FOR

ANY

REASON!!!

YOU

ARE

TALKING

TO

YOUR

IDEOLOGICAL

PALS

HERE.

WE

LIBS

WOULD

NEVER

EVEN

CONSIDER

THIS!

DO

NOT

USE

GOVERNMENT

TO

LIMIT

MEDIA

FOR

ANY

REASON!!!

YOU

ARE

TALKING

TO

YOUR

IDEOLOGICAL

PALS

HERE.

WE

LIBS

WOULD

NEVER

EVEN

CONSIDER

THIS!

Who are you talking to? When you don't quote or tag the person you are talking to it makes this very confusing. Especially when two threads are merged, one started by me, and the other started by a poster that likes fascism.

DO

NOT

USE

GOVERNMENT

TO

LIMIT

MEDIA

FOR

ANY

REASON!!!

YOU

ARE

TALKING

TO

YOUR

IDEOLOGICAL

PALS

HERE.

WE

LIBS

WOULD

NEVER

EVEN

CONSIDER

THIS!

Who are you talking to? When you don't quote or tag the person you are talking to it makes this very confusing. Especially when two threads are merged, one started by me, and the other started by a poster that likes fascism.

I quoted it, guy. See those little green arrows?

It is amazing and sad how easy it is to get people to jump on the fascist bandwagon.

Our founders made freedom of the press a right in the very 1rst Amendment to our Constitution. The very first one.

The government and no entity of the government have any right to in any way hinder or regulate the news that gets reported or how it gets reported. The press should only be controlled by competition and consumers in a free capitalist society. Citizens have a responsibility to navigate through the media and news sources. That is how the founders designed the free press into the Constitution.

DO

NOT

USE

GOVERNMENT

TO

LIMIT

MEDIA

FOR

ANY

REASON!!!

YOU

ARE

TALKING

TO

YOUR

IDEOLOGICAL

PALS

HERE.

WE

LIBS

WOULD

NEVER

EVEN

CONSIDER

THIS!

I quoted it. guy.

There is no quote in your post.

Country might be stronger if posters knew the def of liberal.
Latin, free, for the individual and small gov.
How can a country be strong when it is populated by ignorant rubes?

It is amazing and sad how easy it is to get people to jump on the fascist bandwagon.

Our founders made freedom of the press a right in the very 1rst Amendment to our Constitution. The very first one.

The government and no entity of the government have any right to in any way hinder or regulate the news that gets reported or how it gets reported. The press should only be controlled by competition and consumers in a free capitalist society. Citizens have a responsibility to navigate through the media and news sources. That is how the founders designed the free press into the Constitution.

Exactly, no one forces any individual to watch a particular outlet of news.

Left or right, it is utterly wrong and dangerous for the President to make this comment:
“With all the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for the country!”

The answer is never! It is absolutely imperative we have a free press. I agree the press is hopeless biased and leftist, but a President should not talk about censoring his critics. If you want to make sure Media companies don’t get too big like then fine have that discussion. But a President should never speak censoring his critics.

Most of his media problems are self-inflicted. His tweets are generally outrageous and impossible to defend. His childish and public fights with people are immature and yes unpresidential.

You are the source of your own problem.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

DO

NOT

USE

GOVERNMENT

TO

LIMIT

MEDIA

FOR

ANY

REASON!!!

YOU

ARE

TALKING

TO

YOUR

IDEOLOGICAL

PALS

HERE.

WE

LIBS

WOULD

NEVER

EVEN

CONSIDER

THIS!

I quoted it. guy.

There is no quote in your post.

I click "reply". All posts are above my comments on my screen.

NBC and CNN attacked our democracy before the election and continue to attack our democracy now! There should at least be an overlay text on the screen that says FAKE NEWS during most of MSNBC's and CNN's broadcasts or move them to Comedy Central so nobody mistakes them for real news!
Yep democracy is served by shutting down media outlets, that's how it usually works. You guys are incapable understanding the basic principles of the system that you profess to love.

What do you expect when the trumpies don't even know the def of liberal?

Forum List

Back