Trump's Next Move Towards a Fascist State: Take Away Licensing of T.V. Networks

"“When the press is free and every man able to read, all is safe.” -Thomas Jefferson 1799

“Nothing could be more irrational than to give the people power, and to withhold from them information without which power is abused. A people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with power which knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy, or perhaps both.” -James Madison [1751-1836]

https://www.nieonline.com/thelearningforum/downloads/napi/speaking_of_a_free_press.pdf
It's no longer, "the press."

It is now the "DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING," and Joseph Goebbels would be PROUD.

"“When the press is free and every man able to read, all is safe.” -Thomas Jefferson 1799

“Nothing could be more irrational than to give the people power, and to withhold from them information without which power is abused. A people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with power which knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy, or perhaps both.” -James Madison [1751-1836]

https://www.nieonline.com/thelearningforum/downloads/napi/speaking_of_a_free_press.pdf

Sure it is. :rolleyes:

Maybe if Trump wasn't such a lying, horrible piece of shit they wouldn't have so much material?

The media lies constantly, intentionally and irresponsibly creating division and hate towards white people especially those who already live in high crime areas (aka places with a large black population)

For example, they still say that Heather Heyer was "murdered" by James Fields when that is simply not the case. She died of a heart attack and wasn't even struck by the car much less run over as some outlets report. Washington Post is a bit more careful in their deceptive wording and says she died "due to the violence".

How can people continue to support this guy? Can you think of any other historical figures that wanted to silence anyone that talked ill of them...?

""With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!" Mr Trump wrote in a tweet."

Donald Trump threatens to shut down NBC and other TV news networks that criticise him

James Madison and Thomas Jefferson said that the free press was a key element in having a true democracy.

"I am... for freedom of the press, and against all violations of the Constitution to silence by force and not by reason the complaints or criticisms, just or unjust, of our citizens against the conduct of their agents." --Thomas Jefferson to Elbridge Gerry, 1799. ME 10:78

Jefferson on Politics & Government: Freedom of the Press
If broadcasting "fake news" was the criteria for taking a network off the air, Fox News would be the very first one to lose their license.

Der Fuhrer better be careful he doesn't get what he wishes.

Sure it is. :rolleyes:

Maybe if Trump wasn't such a lying, horrible piece of shit they wouldn't have so much material?
Poor snowflake... you're having another melt down... would you like to go to your safe place and have a puppy to pet now... and maybe a coloring book?

How can people continue to support this guy? Can you think of any other historical figures that wanted to silence anyone that talked ill of them...?

""With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!" Mr Trump wrote in a tweet."

Donald Trump threatens to shut down NBC and other TV news networks that criticise him

James Madison and Thomas Jefferson said that the free press was a key element in having a true democracy.

"I am... for freedom of the press, and against all violations of the Constitution to silence by force and not by reason the complaints or criticisms, just or unjust, of our citizens against the conduct of their agents." --Thomas Jefferson to Elbridge Gerry, 1799. ME 10:78

Weird how his input only matters on CERTAIN things. Isnt it, hack boi?

And again you make no sense. I'm an independent voter. I support actions not political parties. I support the people that stand for the things I agree on.

So... you are going to have to expound on your statement if you are going to make an semblance of an argument. Of course when you end your post with boi, it shows me you have nothing to say... and you are trying to be cool. Boi is as bad as people who still use "snowflake."
What does partisanship have to do with you being a hack? If i would have said PARTISAN hack, you would have a point.
BTW, you hack piece of shit, we have argued over constitutional protections before and you told me what men said hundreds of years ago dont matter.
But it DOES now :lol:
Loser
Mr alumni :rofl:

This "Lewdog" is a real lying k*nt. First he lied when he said Trump could shoot someone and I'd still support him and then he lied again when he claimed that I didn't believe Trump ever made the statement. Why is it so hard for libtards to not be a lying, fucking k*nt?

I lied? I posted the video of it. Jesus you are really ignorant, thus the quintessential Trump supporter. Dumb enough to be manipulated by him.

The President asked "at what point is it appropriate to challenge their license". Isn't that a fair question? When you consider that the Obama regime actually tried to pass a law (ironically named the fairness doctrine aka Hush Rush) that would have forced talk radio to broadcast left wing propaganda you have to consider that today's Media Matters spin is unfounded and fake and the fake left wing hysteria is laughable.

I'm a fascist so i don't give a fuck about 'media rights'

these guys should be strung up.
Well at least your honest. It's always easier to reply to someone who doesn't hide his true feelings. If you think fascism is the way the US has to go then there is little point in trying to give actual arguments. Any person who wants to install a governmental system that was responsible for the worst chapter in modern history is beyond logic.

In America there is scarcely a hamlet that has not its newspaper. It may readily be imagined that neither discipline nor unity of action can be established among so many combatants, and each one consequently fights under his own standard. All the political journals of the United States are, indeed, arrayed on the side of the administration or against it; but they attack and defend it in a thousand different ways. They cannot form those great currents of opinion which sweep away the strongest dikes. This division of the influence of the press produces other consequences scarcely less remarkable. The facility with which newspapers can be established produces a multitude of them; but as the competition prevents any considerable profit, persons of much capacity are rarely led to engage in these undertakings. Such is the number of the public prints that even if they were a source of wealth, writers of ability could not be found to direct them all. The journalists of the United States are generally in a very humble position, with a scanty education and a vulgar turn of mind. The will of the majority is the most general of laws, and it establishes certain habits to which everyone must then conform; the aggregate of these common habits is what is called the class spirit (esprit de corps) of each profession; thus there is the class spirit of the bar, of the court, etc. The class spirit of the French journalists consists in a violent but frequently an eloquent and lofty manner of discussing the great interests of the state, and the exceptions to this mode of writing are only occasional. The characteristics of the American journalist consist in an open and coarse appeal to the passions of his readers; he abandons principles to assail the characters of individuals, to track them into private life and disclose all their weaknesses and vices.

Tocqueville: Book 1 Chapter 11

Weird how his input only matters on CERTAIN things. Isnt it, hack boi?

And again you make no sense. I'm an independent voter. I support actions not political parties. I support the people that stand for the things I agree on.

So... you are going to have to expound on your statement if you are going to make an semblance of an argument. Of course when you end your post with boi, it shows me you have nothing to say... and you are trying to be cool. Boi is as bad as people who still use "snowflake."
What does partisanship have to do with you being a hack? If i would have said PARTISAN hack, you would have a point.
BTW, you hack piece of shit, we have argued over constitutional protections before and you told me what men said hundreds of years ago dont matter.
But it DOES now :lol:
Loser
Mr alumni :rofl:

No, and you have no clue how to delineate the difference between outdated statements made about things that technology has changed, and an ideal that can stand the test of time. Of course what could anyone expect from you?

Last edited:
Trump suggests challenging NBC's broadcast license

Well, it looks like trump has had enough of liberal propoganda.

Hopefully this will be the end of MSNBC. NBC, CNN et al.

Once we shut down the propoganda networks, i bet our country will be stronger than ever before!
Hon look, Clinton deregulated the FCC. There were 50 some odd companies in the US media game back in the 1980s. Now the entire machine is owned by 6 major multinational corporations. You're on a corporate mindfuck, find some clarity.

I lied? I posted the video of it. Jesus you are really ignorant, thus the quintessential Trump supporter. Dumb enough to be manipulated by him.

Yea, you lied TWICE, k*nt. And when I called you on them you ran and hid like the k*nt that you are and then doubled down on more of your twat act. It's virtually impossible to have an honest discussion with a liberal as they fucking lie constantly.

First I'm not a liberal. Secondly show where I lied. Go ahead. Show it. And I ran? :uhoh3:

Except the press is NOT free it is a one sided demonizing force of the Liberal elites.

Forum List

Back