Trump's high wire act

[.
The best part is how clearly you two have illustrated my sig for me.

And neither of you could help yourselves, I hadn't posted to you.

Yep. Damn I'm good.

Guy, it's not about you being a moderate hero. There area lot of moderates here who are a lot better at explaining their positions than you are.

It's about how self-absorbed you are on your stances, and some of the utterly silly shit you say, like "Trump won because of political correctness", even though he got essentially the same votes Romney got 4 years ago.

In other words, this thing really is all or nothing. Are you okay with that?
All or nothing? What planet are you on? Dems have steadily lost power across the nation. Nor is this a simple party issue, Trump brought in many blue collar dems to win. I don't know how many times it needs to be repeated before it can penetrate your brain. For some odd reason your mind can't accept it.

This isn't all or nothing. And predicting any failures at this point is just weird. Did you do that to Obama? My guess is no.
lol There is no high wire act here. President Trump laid out a clear set of goals during the campaign and now he is working on achieving in an orderly fashion. You are allowing yourself to be distracted by noise from confused, often hysterical Democrats and reporters who are trying to convince you there are problems when there are none.
There has never been a President like this guy. There has never been a temperament/personality in the White House like this guy.

That was a huge part of his appeal to his followers in the FIRST PLACE.

It's a risk for the party to have him representing them. That's what I mean by "high wire act".

If we can't even agree on that, never mind. We'll pretend this is just another presidency.
No two presidents have been the same. Obama help Democrats lose nearly 1,200 seats of power. Where were you all during that? The dems have lost so much power they are doing what they can with their operatives inside the government, including courts.

Let's not overlook the fact that you, like all libs (independent my ass) are trying to scare the right into abandoning Trump. Nobody cares about your high wire act all or nothing bullshit. Trump is doing and trying to do what we put him in office to do, why would we abandon what we wanted just because liberals aren't getting what they want? It makes no sense.

Defensive much!?!

No one is trying to get you to abandon your support of Trump and if you are getting that from the OP then you are the one that is questioning your support and no one else.

Could the GOP lose control of the House and Senate while Trump is Preaident!?!

Sure just like Bush lost the House and Senate when he was Preaident... Now that does not mean Trump will lose in 2020 or the GOP will lose in 2018 but anything can happen.

I wish Trump voters would stop acting like Obama supporters and being little snowflakes on everything about Trump...

If you believe questioning the President or wondering about things is anti-American then you are no better than the Obama voters that cried racism every time some question Obama and his leadership...

Oh, and if you write I am Liberal then you're a closet Obama supporter pretending to be Conservative...
You sound defensive, don't try to pin it on me. When people start out claiming to know someone's mind better than they do they're trying to win an argument by authority. Won't work. I didn't make the arguments you claim I did so don't talk down to me, asshole.

You can question anything you want all you want. Come at me and try to bully me around and I'll give it right back to you.

[.
The best part is how clearly you two have illustrated my sig for me.

And neither of you could help yourselves, I hadn't posted to you.

Yep. Damn I'm good.

Guy, it's not about you being a moderate hero. There area lot of moderates here who are a lot better at explaining their positions than you are.

It's about how self-absorbed you are on your stances, and some of the utterly silly shit you say, like "Trump won because of political correctness", even though he got essentially the same votes Romney got 4 years ago.
Ah, and you're humble and thoughtful and respectful in yours. I love it.

The fact is, people like you and Ice would be fine with my posts if I laced them with your traditional personal insults, name-calling, personal attacks and partisan horseshit. The fact that I don't and still get my point across angers you, because it exposes you for what you are. And aren't.

Too bad, Joe.

A question for Trump voters/supporters: How comfortable are you with the risks of his presidency?

I'll flesh this out a bit:

It has long been the nature of politics that the pendulum swings - if this party fouls it up, we'll give the other party a chance. And, at least in recent history, the pendulum has swung pretty hard in the opposite direction.

Let's agree that the two parties are as divided as we have seen. And let's consider the possibility that Trump & Co screw the pooch, big time. That's not a prediction, I'm horrible at those, just a thought exercise.

Trump has taken our political environment so far off the rails - and I believe that was the point, yes? - that the snap-back that would result from his administration's failure would be pretty freaking powerful. The GOP brand would be TORCHED for a LONG time, and we would head Left, BIG time.

What if Trump fails!?!

Will someone like Warren be able to win in 2020 and bring in a new deal to lead us further down Trostkyism!?!

No...

What will most likely happen is Trump will win a second term like George W. BUSH did while the GOP lose control of the House and Senate...

No matter how much the MSM spin the reality they feed Trump trolling of them... I mean damn he even told them they would go nuts over him and they did, so MSM is his enemy of his making so he can keep his base marching foward...

The only way I can see Trump being removed from office is if he start a Nuclear war that will end humanity and by then it will not matter...
Yeah, there's still no way to know what direction things will go. We'll know a helluva lot more by Election Day, 2018. Making predictions for a presidency like this is just throwing darts.

My point is that, while some here don't want to admit it for some reason, having Trump in the White House is a risk for the GOP. And if he flames out, the snap-back could be pretty remarkable.

The demographics that everyone was talking about the day before the election are still there.

A lot of people thought this election was going to be the one that put the GOP to rest as a contender.

They were wrong, but barring radical change, they will be right soon enough.

THe GOP would have lost without Trump. If they try going back to their standard Country CLub Republicans like Jeb Bush next time around they will lose.

[Q
Ah, and you're humble and thoughtful and respectful in yours. I love it.

The fact is, people like you and Ice would be fine with my posts if I laced them with your traditional personal insults, name-calling, personal attacks and partisan horseshit. The fact that I don't and still get my point across angers you, because it exposes you for what you are. And aren't.

Too bad, Joe.

No wonder you love Trump so much. You are both Narcissists.

A question for Trump voters/supporters: How comfortable are you with the risks of his presidency?

It has long been the nature of politics that the pendulum swings - if this party fouls it up, we'll give the other party a chance. And, at least in recent history, the pendulum has swung pretty hard in the opposite direction.

Let's agree that the two parties are as divided as we have seen. And let's consider the possibility that Trump & Co screw the pooch, big time. That's not a prediction, I'm horrible at those, just a thought exercise.

Trump has taken our political environment so far off the rails - and I believe that was the point, yes? - that the snap-back that would result from his administration's failure would be pretty freaking powerful. The GOP brand would be TORCHED for a LONG time, and we would head Left, BIG time.

What if Trump fails!?!

Will someone like Warren be able to win in 2020 and bring in a new deal to lead us further down Trostkyism!?!

No...

What will most likely happen is Trump will win a second term like George W. BUSH did while the GOP lose control of the House and Senate...

No matter how much the MSM spin the reality they feed Trump trolling of them... I mean damn he even told them they would go nuts over him and they did, so MSM is his enemy of his making so he can keep his base marching foward...

The only way I can see Trump being removed from office is if he start a Nuclear war that will end humanity and by then it will not matter...
Yeah, there's still no way to know what direction things will go. We'll know a helluva lot more by Election Day, 2018. Making predictions for a presidency like this is just throwing darts.

My point is that, while some here don't want to admit it for some reason, having Trump in the White House is a risk for the GOP. And if he flames out, the snap-back could be pretty remarkable.

The worst for the GOP since the great depression happen in 2006 while George W. Bush was President and two major conflicts were going on in Iraq and Afghanistan and the GOP Senate and House were acting clueless which caused a tsunami in the 2006 election that saw the GOP lose the House and Senate that year...

That is what could happen in 2018 but my bet is the Senate will fall while the House stays GOP by a slight margin.

I just do not see Trump being worst than Bush but if he is then the tsunami could be bigger in 2020.

The only thing that changed the leadership in Congress was the economy. If not for the housing collapse, the Republicans would have continued leadership throughout GW's years and into "whoever'" would have been elected afterwards. It had nothing to do with the wars which started in Bush's first term.

No worries....people want JOBS and government on the sidelines....the Rat party's social agenda is so perverted they're screwed unless Trump gets us into another war and even then, when folks have money in their pocket they tend to ignore speaking gaffs and whether or not Sean Spicer or Kellyanne Conway lose their temper when provoked. Add to that the Rats have no viable candidates to oppose him. My bet is Trump will decide 4 years is enough and hand off the ball to Mike Pence.

No worries....people want JOBS and government on the sidelines....the Rat party's social agenda is so perverted they're screwed unless Trump gets us into another war and even then, when folks have money in their pocket they tend to ignore speaking gaffs and whether or not Sean Spicer or Kellyanne Conway lose their temper when provoked. Add to that the Rats have no viable candidates to oppose him. My bet is Trump will decide 4 years is enough and hand off the ball to Mike Pence.

I think that it's going to take more than that. Obama Care is something that most Americans won't forget; being told by the government they are forced to buy something. If the Democrats can't do anything about these jobless lowlifes protesting every time Trump farts in public, they will keep reminding people of why we shouldn't vote Democrat.

I think that it's going to take more than that. Obama Care is something that most Americans won't forget; being told by the government they are forced to buy something. If the Democrats can't do anything about these jobless lowlifes protesting every time Trump farts in public, they will keep reminding people of why we shouldn't vote Democrat.
Well, we'll see what they've come up with. They've definitely been sending out some mixed signals, and they've had 9 years to come up with one coherent plan.

It does seem that they recognize the challenges and risks they're staring at. It's time for them to put up or shut up now.

Well, we'll see what they've come up with. They've definitely been sending out some mixed signals, and they've had 9 years to come up with one coherent plan.

It does seem that they recognize the challenges and risks they're staring at. It's time for them to put up or shut up now.

Seems to me Trump is working night and day. It's only been one full month. T'he major problem with healthcare is it's not affordable for a lot of people--even with Commie Care. Whatever plan they come up with, it has to be so that people can easily afford coverage while at the same time, taking government measures to reduce the cost of care. It's more complex and difficult than the Palestinian Israeli conflict. So anything close to a good plan will take a lot of time to come up with.

Seems to me Trump is working night and day. It's only been one full month. T'he major problem with healthcare is it's not affordable for a lot of people--even with Commie Care. Whatever plan they come up with, it has to be so that people can easily afford coverage while at the same time, taking government measures to reduce the cost of care. It's more complex and difficult than the Palestinian Israeli conflict. So anything close to a good plan will take a lot of time to come up with.
It will have to be more than a good plan, though. It will have to be something they can sell to the public. The two are not the same.

They know that anything they come up with will be attacked, out of the gate, and that millions are already nervous they'll lose their coverage.

The ACA is a stupid, insane pig of a law. But I still wouldn't want to be in the GOP's shoes right now.

It will have to be more than a good plan, though. It will have to be something they can sell to the public. The two are not the same.

They know that anything they come up with will be attacked, out of the gate, and that millions are already nervous they'll lose their coverage.

The ACA is a stupid, insane pig of a law. But I still wouldn't want to be in the GOP's shoes right now.

Commie Care was bad because it was all politics. It gave likely Democrat voters easier access to healthcare at the cost to likely Republican voters. You'll never come up with anything good if politics is more of the motive than actually solving the problem.

They are looking to put cost saving measures in already. They are talking about things like Medical Savings Accounts, tort reform, and making it a federal law to allow all insurance companies to compete regardless of where they are located at. Those are things that can reduce healthcare costs. They also need to look into Medicare since that plays a big part in our unaffordable insurance. I hate to say it, but if we want that plan, we need to fund it. I can't remember the last time we had an increase in payroll contributions for Medicare.

There may be no other real choice but to go to socialized healthcare at this point. Get rid of all government plans including Medicare, Medicaid, SCHIPS, VA, and just have everybody covered.

Commie Care was bad because it was all politics. It gave likely Democrat voters easier access to healthcare at the cost to likely Republican voters. You'll never come up with anything good if politics is more of the motive than actually solving the problem.

They are looking to put cost saving measures in already. They are talking about things like Medical Savings Accounts, tort reform, and making it a federal law to allow all insurance companies to compete regardless of where they are located at. Those are things that can reduce healthcare costs. They also need to look into Medicare since that plays a big part in our unaffordable insurance. I hate to say it, but if we want that plan, we need to fund it. I can't remember the last time we had an increase in payroll contributions for Medicare.

There may be no other real choice but to go to socialized healthcare at this point. Get rid of all government plans including Medicare, Medicaid, SCHIPS, VA, and just have everybody covered.
The 7-headed beast: Medicare, Medicaid, VA, Individual, Group, Worker's Comp, Indigent care. Madness. Fucking madness.

But not Single Payer. Just expand Medicare/Medicare Supplements/Medicare Advantage to all. An already-functioning blend of a public foundation and private competition & innovation, and take a huge monkey off the backs of American employers.

The 7-headed beast: Medicare, Medicaid, VA, Individual, Group, Worker's Comp, Indigent care. Madness. Fucking madness.

But not Single Payer. Just expand Medicare/Medicare Supplements/Medicare Advantage to all. An already-functioning blend of a public foundation and private competition & innovation, and take a huge monkey off the backs of American employers.

Sounds great, but you still have to find a fair way to fund it. I suggest we have a consumption tax. Everybody covered, everybody pays, rich, poor, anything in between. The more you buy, the more you pay. Keep politics out of it.

Isn't that what just happened? If so, how long did it take to happen?

Isn't that what just happened? If so, how long did it take to happen?
I don't know what you mean.

More predictions just like before Nov 8. Please stop with the posting about pretending to worry meanwhile predicting a Trump failure. It will be OK, go have coffee with Hillary and console each other. How about this, instead of the protesting that will resolve absolutely nothing because there is no way it can. And how about instead of predictions that the last election proved that the democrat supports are not really that good at doing. How about we just get on the Trump train and see where it leads. We saw where the Obama nightmare was taking us and it is the same station Hillary would have taken us.

So let's at least give Trump a little bit of time.

More predictions just like before Nov 8. Please stop with the posting about pretending to worry meanwhile predicting a Trump failure. It will be OK, go have coffee with Hillary and console each other. How about this, instead of the protesting that will resolve absolutely nothing because there is no way it can. And how about instead of predictions that the last election proved that the democrat supports are not really that good at doing. How about we just get on the Trump train and see where it leads. We saw where the Obama nightmare was taking us and it is the same station Hillary would have taken us.

So let's at least give Trump a little bit of time.
Just tossing out a thought exercise, hoping for the best. Most conservatives who have posted haven't liked it because, just like partisan lefties, they are ideologically obligated to avoid a discussion of possible negatives. For some reason.

Fortunately, a few conservatives have been kind enough to respond to my question with a civil, direct, honest observation. Good enough for me.

Trump has what most new Presidents have, about 18 months before the campaign shit hits the fan.

The real problem is that we have a way to fix it.

Single Payer. Everyone gets the same level of care, paid for by the government. Then we can decide what that's worth to us after we've eliminated non-value factors such as 9 figure CEO salaries and six employees in every doctor's office figuring out insurance paperwork.

You see, the real problem Republicans have is that they DID have a plan. It was called "RomneyCare". And Obama, instead of going to single payer like every other civilized country has, decided to adopt the Republican idea instead, in the vain hope of having a bi-partisan effort.

He didn't realize how racist the Republicans were that they'd reject their own plan when a black guy endorsed it.

Hmmm... Maybe we need to get some black folks to endorse the NRA position on guns. .

Forum List

Back