Trump's high wire act

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
A question for Trump voters/supporters: How comfortable are you with the risks of his presidency?

I'll flesh this out a bit:

It has long been the nature of politics that the pendulum swings - if this party fouls it up, we'll give the other party a chance. And, at least in recent history, the pendulum has swung pretty hard in the opposite direction.

Let's agree that the two parties are as divided as we have seen. And let's consider the possibility that Trump & Co screw the pooch, big time. That's not a prediction, I'm horrible at those, just a thought exercise.

Trump has taken our political environment so far off the rails - and I believe that was the point, yes? - that the snap-back that would result from his administration's failure would be pretty freaking powerful. The GOP brand would be TORCHED for a LONG time, and we would head Left, BIG time.

In other words, this thing really is all or nothing. Are you okay with that?

The media and the left are trying to make some great scandal out of every little thing

It's becoming tiresome

It won't happen. Sure, something bad could happen to the economy, the Republicans could screw something up or back a bad position, and yes, the country will put Democrats in leadership again, but it's the normal way of things in a country like ours.

It won't happen. Sure, something bad could happen to the economy, the Republicans could screw something up or back a bad position, and yes, the country will put Democrats in leadership again, but it's the normal way of things in a country like ours.
So are you look at his presidency as pretty much standard - failure would damage the party to a normal extent, and the pendulum continues to swing as normal?

The media and the left are trying to make some great scandal out of every little thing It's becoming tiresome
Yeah, they'll do that. But beyond the fluff, digging down to what actually happens, are you comfortable with the risks?

There is always risks, give the man a chance. He hasnt been in office a month and heads explode if he takes a shit.

Its becoming stupid.

A question for Trump voters/supporters: How comfortable are you with the risks of his presidency?

It has long been the nature of politics that the pendulum swings - if this party fouls it up, we'll give the other party a chance. And, at least in recent history, the pendulum has swung pretty hard in the opposite direction.

Let's agree that the two parties are as divided as we have seen. And let's consider the possibility that Trump & Co screw the pooch, big time. That's not a prediction, I'm horrible at those, just a thought exercise.

Trump has taken our political environment so far off the rails - and I believe that was the point, yes? - that the snap-back that would result from his administration's failure would be pretty freaking powerful. The GOP brand would be TORCHED for a LONG time, and we would head Left, BIG time.

You mean Trumps high road journey.....

He must be high.

All or nothing? What planet are you on? Dems have steadily lost power across the nation. Nor is this a simple party issue, Trump brought in many blue collar dems to win. I don't know how many times it needs to be repeated before it can penetrate your brain. For some odd reason your mind can't accept it.

This isn't all or nothing. And predicting any failures at this point is just weird. Did you do that to Obama? My guess is no.

The media and the left are trying to make some great scandal out of every little thing

It's becoming tiresome
What is tiresome is that there is so much to comment on. It is a fucking circus and people are finding it a bit hard to believe what is happening.
We are celebrating you fascists falling....I can imaging what's going on is confusing to you.....

He must be high.
Trump does drink or use drugs....so....no choom gang.....

It's becoming tiresome
What is tiresome is that there is so much to comment on. It is a fucking circus and people are finding it a bit hard to believe what is happening.
We are celebrating you fascists falling....I can imaging what's going on is confusing to you.....
Idiots like you are responsible for the destruction that is happening.

It looks like the plan is unchanged, even though we have a new POTUS. War and more war.

The problem with the premise is that Trump doesn't have a mandate. Most people voted against him. That means a correction is probably going to happen, it's just a matter of when.

The problem is, of course, is that corrections aren't always a big thing. One could argue that 2006 & 2008 was a major correction after Bush messed up, well, everything, but those majorities were gone by 2010.

So you could see a bunch of Democrats elected in Republican districts, but they'd probably be moderate squish Democrats that you can't count on for anything other than going along with Trump's impeachment.

Long term, though, the country will continue to drift left for no other reason than population trends are making America less white.

The media and the left are trying to make some great scandal out of every little thing It's becoming tiresome
Yeah, they'll do that. But beyond the fluff, digging down to what actually happens, are you comfortable with the risks?

There is always risks, give the man a chance. He hasnt been in office a month and heads explode if he takes a shit.

Its becoming stupid.
He has been in the office a month and the world no longer is looking at the United States as a leader. Countries are developing policies on how to deal with the United States.

It's becoming tiresome
Idiots like you are responsible for the destruction that is happening.
Destruction of liberalism. So hell yeah, I'll take some credit if I can!

Forum List

Back