Trump's government shutdown is not a 'vacation' for federal workers like my husband

I've seen it reported that the federal contractors will not receive back-pay. They were just forced into limbo with no apparent way to recoup more than a month's lost wages.

Dear Wilbur Ross: My husband is a furloughed employee. We are a single-income family. Here's what the shutdown actually feels like.

Jan. 25, 2019, 9:03 AM PST
By Katherine Zimmerman

A few days into this snowballing disaster of a partial government shutdown, President Donald Trump’s chief economic adviser Kevin Hasset made the mind-bending statement that this involuntary cessation of work is like a vacation for federal workers. On Monday, Trump’s daughter-in-law, Lara Trump, said the shutdown was causing “a little bit of pain,” but that future generations would thank furloughed workers for their sacrifice. And then on Thursday, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross told Bloomberg he “didn’t understand” why the shutdown was forcing some furloughed federal workers to seek out food banks and suggested they simply go to a real bank and snap up a loan.

Well Secretary Ross, my husband is a furloughed USDA employee. We are a single-income family. And let me tell you, we are neither on a vacation nor suffering just a “a little bit of pain.”

Continued here
Opinion | Dear Wilbur Ross: Furloughed workers like my husband are not on a "vacation"
Hope your husband doesn't work for the IRS, 'cause that's the only group of people that found out what the phrase "karma is a bitch" means.

I've seen it reported that the federal contractors will not receive back-pay. They were just forced into limbo with no apparent way to recoup more than a month's lost wages.

Dear Wilbur Ross: My husband is a furloughed employee. We are a single-income family. Here's what the shutdown actually feels like.

By Katherine Zimmerman

A few days into this snowballing disaster of a partial government shutdown, President Donald Trump’s chief economic adviser Kevin Hasset made the mind-bending statement that this involuntary cessation of work is like a vacation for federal workers. On Monday, Trump’s daughter-in-law, Lara Trump, said the shutdown was causing “a little bit of pain,” but that future generations would thank furloughed workers for their sacrifice. And then on Thursday, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross told Bloomberg he “didn’t understand” why the shutdown was forcing some furloughed federal workers to seek out food banks and suggested they simply go to a real bank and snap up a loan.

Well Secretary Ross, my husband is a furloughed USDA employee. We are a single-income family. And let me tell you, we are neither on a vacation nor suffering just a “a little bit of pain.”

Continued here
Opinion | Dear Wilbur Ross: Furloughed workers like my husband are not on a "vacation"

Here would have been my response

Dear Katherinne

I don't understand a few things. Such as if this. If you can afford to be a single income household, surely you had some savings put back in case the sole bread winner in your family was unable to work for a short time?

If not, then pretty dumb of you to be a single income family

Love Wilbur
Remember when conservative republicans approved of single income homes where wives stayed home and raised the kids?

You're complaining about that? LOL what a dumb shit you are "Remember when Republicans supported the idea of a single income household being able to move into the middle class and have well behaved well educated children because their mothers had time to see to it, what a bunch of assholes"

Your ignorance is getting in the way of your understanding again. In 2013, three years before Trump became President, Chuck Schumer presented a bill to the Senate (S. 744) that provided billions of dollars for hundreds of border fence, more billions of dollars for surveillance and communications equipment to make it a smart fence, more money to hire thousands more Border Patrol agents, that ended the visa lottery and chain immigration, and provided a point system that would change our immigration rules so that people will be vetted on their ability to contribute to America rather than on the basis of family. Pretty much all the things Trump wants and every Democrat in the Senate voted in favor of this bill, so why did the Democrats oppose the same thing now that Trump was President knowing full well it would lead to a shutdown? Clearly, the woman should have sent her letter of complaint to Pelosi and Schumer instead of the President.
”In 2013, three years before Trump became President, Chuck Schumer presented a bill to the Senate (S. 744) that provided billions of dollars for hundreds of border fence”

And they built it. Now trump wants to rebuild it.

No dice.
Once again, your understanding is limited by your ignorance. In 2006, the fence was built, but in 2013, the Democrats and Republicans wanted to build a better fence, but the bill included provisions for trying to find a path to citizenship for the estimated 11,000 illegals living in the US and while the bill passed the Senate by a large margin, the Republican controlled House refused to bring it to a vote and it never became law, but all the Democrats in the Senate, including many who serve in the Senate today supported everything that President Trump wants to do right up until the President said he wanted to do it. So clearly the Democrats' opposition to funding the fence has nothing to do with disagreeing with the President's policy on immigration but only with the fact there is a Republican in the WH now, and this shows the utter indifference of the Democrats and their supporters to the hardships caused by the shutdown, and that's why the letter should have been addressed to Pelosi and Schumer.
Now you’re flat out lying. Republicans killed that bill.

Then in 2018, Republicans killed another chance at a similar bill.

Now they’ve got shit.
I didn't lie about anything, but you're just trying to dodge the fact that the Democrats supported President Trump's immigration reforms in 2013 and now have opposed them only because there is a Republican in the WH. If you want to find liars, look at the Democrats like Schuner or Sanders or Durbin and many more who are now trying to find arguments against the same policies they supported right up until President Trump also wanted them.
You said Republicans were for it; when in fact, by more than 2-1, they voted against it in the Senate and killed the bill in the House.

And again, Democrats voted for it again in 2018, but again, couldn’t get Republicans to agree to what Democrats wanted along with the wall.

And again, it’s not needed because they already built the walls and fences.

And again, trump owned the shutdown.
Now you are lying twice. First, I never said Republicans supported the bill in 2013; in fact, while the Democrats were unanimous in support of it the Republicans were split, and as I said before, the Republican controlled House refused to bring it to a vote.

Second, there was no 2018 vote on this bill or on the offer the President made to provide a path to citizenship for the dreamers and 1,000,000 more in exchange for funding for the fence and other items necessary for border security in his 2018 SOTU. No matter how hard you try to run away, you cannot escape the fact that the Democrats supported everything the President wants to on immigration reform right up until he said he supported it.

The Democrats clearly agree with the President that his proposed immigration reform are good for the nation, and it is clear that in the present case by opposing these reforms just because there is a Republican in the WH, the Democrats are looking for a win for the Party at the expense of a win for America.

Once again, your understanding is limited by your ignorance. In 2006, the fence was built, but in 2013, the Democrats and Republicans wanted to build a better fence, but the bill included provisions for trying to find a path to citizenship for the estimated 11,000 illegals living in the US and while the bill passed the Senate by a large margin, the Republican controlled House refused to bring it to a vote and it never became law, but all the Democrats in the Senate, including many who serve in the Senate today supported everything that President Trump wants to do right up until the President said he wanted to do it. So clearly the Democrats' opposition to funding the fence has nothing to do with disagreeing with the President's policy on immigration but only with the fact there is a Republican in the WH now, and this shows the utter indifference of the Democrats and their supporters to the hardships caused by the shutdown, and that's why the letter should have been addressed to Pelosi and Schumer.

Now they’ve got shit.
I didn't lie about anything, but you're just trying to dodge the fact that the Democrats supported President Trump's immigration reforms in 2013 and now have opposed them only because there is a Republican in the WH. If you want to find liars, look at the Democrats like Schuner or Sanders or Durbin and many more who are now trying to find arguments against the same policies they supported right up until President Trump also wanted them.
Trump made immigration reforms in 2013? Who knew....

Can you tell me what they were and did they involve Mexico paying for a wall?
Are you too stupid to understand the conversation?
Because you appear to be.

But just in case you really are that stupid, which you could be, let me fix it for you:

"In 2013 the Democrats supported the same immigration forms that they now oppose."
Actually, you are the stupid one....first....not one single Democrat in 2013 said that they were going to build a wall, a big beautiful wall and make mexico pay for it -- you keep avoiding the bullshit your cult leader said; maybe because you know its bullshit....

Second of all....since you want to talk about what "democrats" already agreed to...Democrats, Republicans, and Trump had already agreed to a bill back in December....then what happened? Ann and Rush made Trump feel the sads....

But you sycophants also pretend that never happened...probably because you are stupid...
The problem here is your ignorance is getting in the way of your understanding. Google Senate bill S. 744 and read the bill or read the Wiki article about it and you will see that in 2013, Chuck Schumer introduced a bill into the Senate that is the same as what President Trump proposed in his 2018 SOTU address, and every Democrat in the Senate voted in favor of it. The Republican controlled House refused to vote on it so it, unfortunately, never became law. So why did the Democrats support the same immigration reform the President wants in 2013 but oppose them now? Because Trump is a Republican.

Now they’ve got shit.

But just in case you really are that stupid, which you could be, let me fix it for you:

"In 2013 the Democrats supported the same immigration forms that they now oppose."
Actually, you are the stupid one....first....not one single Democrat in 2013 said that they were going to build a wall, a big beautiful wall and make mexico pay for it -- you keep avoiding the bullshit your cult leader said; maybe because you know its bullshit....

Second of all....since you want to talk about what "democrats" already agreed to...Democrats, Republicans, and Trump had already agreed to a bill back in December....then what happened? Ann and Rush made Trump feel the sads....

But you sycophants also pretend that never happened...probably because you are stupid...
"All Senate Democrats united with two independent senators in 2013 to push through a comprehensive immigration reform plan to build a border fence and end “chain migration” and the visa lottery, positions they now oppose because they are in President Trump’s immigration package.

"Led by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, 52 Democrats and two independents OK’d the legislation."

"But so far Democrats are lining up in opposition, even to the provisions they approved in 2013."

2013: All Senate Dems voted to build border fence, kill visa lottery, end chain migration

I apologize. You aren't pretending to be stupid.

”In 2013, three years before Trump became President, Chuck Schumer presented a bill to the Senate (S. 744) that provided billions of dollars for hundreds of border fence”

No dice.

Now they’ve got shit.

In 2013, Republicans killed the bill that would have built the wall Trump just shut the government down over.

A new syndrome....FEDS. Federal employee Derangement syndrome. A hatred of govt employees. This is a branch of that wacko syndrome.

No dice.

Now they’ve got shit.
You said Republicans were for it; when in fact, by more than 2-1, they voted against it in the Senate and killed the bill in the House.

And again, Democrats voted for it again in 2018, but again, couldn’t get Republicans to agree to what Democrats wanted along with the wall.

Now you are lying twice. First, I never said Republicans supported the bill in 2013; in fact, while the Democrats were unanimous in support of it the Republicans were split, and as I said before, the Republican controlled House refused to bring it to a vote.

Second, there was no 2018 vote on this bill or on the offer the President made to provide a path to citizenship for the dreamers and 1,000,000 more in exchange for funding for the fence and other items necessary for border security in his 2018 SOTU. No matter how hard you try to run away, you cannot escape the fact that the Democrats supported everything the President wants to on immigration reform right up until he said he supported it.

The Democrats clearly agree with the President that his proposed immigration reform are good for the nation, and it is clear that in the present case by opposing these reforms just because there is a Republican in the WH, the Democrats are looking for a win for the Party at the expense of a win for America.
Democrats voted in favor of one of the amendments to the 2018 bill which would have given Trump his wall and Democrats’ their path to citizenship for DACA. Trump and Republicans didn’t want it. Same as the Republicans in 2013. Trump should have taken the deal. Now he gets shit.

And no, Democrats don’t agree with Trump. In 2013 and in 2018, they offered a wall in exchange for providing a path to citizenship for Dreamers. Trump won’t give that.

Tough decisions can not be made because even though the United States was chartered as a Republic we became a Democracy. And from a Democracy nations move to tyranny. In our case the 7 deadly sins are in the front for us all to see and experience as a rich nation. Decades ago we released the chains on them even with struggles before causing issues. Secular or Religious this is the truth.

A new syndrome....FEDS. Federal employee Derangement syndrome. A hatred of govt employees. This is a branch of that wacko syndrome.

A hatred of overreaching federal goons..perfectly reasonable. You statist prostitutes need to get it through you rpea brains that people are finished supporting rogue agencies.

People are sick of the agencies and sick of the fat faced federal scumbags that populate them.

You didn't work, you didn't get paid. What's your problem?

Since when are you entitled to a job? Quit expecting entitlements. If you don't like it come to the dark side. Work for a real company don't leech off of tax payers.

By Katherine Zimmerman

Continued here
The left probably should have passed a bill that builds the wall, but they refused, so now you have to live with those results.

I don't care about government workers. They prospered and grew fat during the Obama years while people in the private sector lost their homes and lost their jobs.

That they did. They never experienced what the rest of the country did. They don't get fired. They don't get laid off. They get a cost of living increase each year. They live in a bubble and couldn't care less how everyone else had to live during those years.

As for back pay?? Anyone in the private sector ever get back pay when they were laid off or furloughed? I know they didn't.

I don't have a damn to give about their complaints.
No one in the private sector ever had their CEO make a bullshit promise that he knew was bullshit when he made it -- then to save face with people who DOES NOT even work for him, insist on not paying his employees while expecting them to continue working...

Oh by the way, the president is not the CEO....and federal employees DO NOT work for him.
Are you being funny here?
Waiting for an example of a company who made their employees work for free because the CEO made a promise strictly for the purpose of pandering to xenophobic racists....I'll wait

I don't care about government workers. They prospered and grew fat during the Obama years while people in the private sector lost their homes and lost their jobs.

That they did. They never experienced what the rest of the country did. They don't get fired. They don't get laid off. They get a cost of living increase each year. They live in a bubble and couldn't care less how everyone else had to live during those years.

As for back pay?? Anyone in the private sector ever get back pay when they were laid off or furloughed? I know they didn't.

I don't have a damn to give about their complaints.
No one in the private sector ever had their CEO make a bullshit promise that he knew was bullshit when he made it -- then to save face with people who DOES NOT even work for him, insist on not paying his employees while expecting them to continue working...

Oh by the way, the president is not the CEO....and federal employees DO NOT work for him.
Are you being funny here?
Waiting for an example of a company who made their employees work for free because the CEO made a promise strictly for the purpose of pandering to xenophobic racists....I'll wait

No you're waiting for me to prove that "No one in the private sector ever had their CEO make a bullshit promise that he knew was bullshit when he made it -- then to save face with people who DOES NOT even work for him, insist on not paying his employees while expecting them to continue working..."

BTW, it's the best way to get rid of overpaid, fat faced lazy pieces of shit who want to get paid for not working.

Now they’ve got shit.

Democrats voted in favor of one of the amendments to the 2018 bill which would have given Trump his wall and Democrats’ their path to citizenship for DACA. Trump and Republicans didn’t want it. Same as the Republicans in 2013. Trump should have taken the deal. Now he gets shit.

And no, Democrats don’t agree with Trump. In 2013 and in 2018, they offered a wall in exchange for providing a path to citizenship for Dreamers. Trump won’t give that.
That's bullshit and you know it. That's why you can't produce the bill and amendment you are bullshitting about.

Now they’ve got shit.

That's bullshit and you know it. That's why you can't produce the bill and amendment you are bullshitting about.
LOLOL

Putz...

U.S. Senate: U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 115th Congress - 2nd Session

LOLOL

Putz...

U.S. Senate: U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 115th Congress - 2nd Session
Perhaps you didn't read the amendment or perhaps you're just bullshiting again, but nowhere in Schumer's amendment does he propose to fund a smart fence in exchange for the so called dreamers.

Forum List

Back