Let them eat cake........................

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Well, now we are seeing what Trump supporters in high government positions think of the workers. One is saying that the workers are going to be better off after the shutdown, because they got a paid vacation and will have a month's worth of pay saved up.

Trump's top economic adviser says furloughed federal workers might be 'better off' due to free 'vacation days'

Another is asking why are furloughed government workers going to soup kitchens and food pantries to get fed, when they could easily go get a loan.

Wilbur Ross says unpaid federal workers shouldn't need food banks, they can just get a loan

I guess those people don't understand that government workers at the GS-5 pay level or lower (which is a large percentage of them), don't make enough to have lots of money saved up. People at that level are generally living paycheck to paycheck. They aren't raking in a whole bunch of cash.

How much longer is this heartless action by the current admin going to go on?

I wonder how quickly Pelosi would agree to secure your border from the ongoing illegal invasion, substance smuggling, human trafficking and child abuse, exporting of criminals, if Trump decided to work on closing federal offices in California due to "redundancy" or a lack of need based on the shutdown...

I wonder how quickly Pelosi would agree to secure your border from the ongoing illegal invasion, substance smuggling, human trafficking and child abuse, exporting of criminals, if Trump decided to work on closing federal offices in California due to "redundancy" or a lack of need based on the shutdown...

While a lot of people think that the workers in DC are pretty much the only ones affected, they aren't. 80 percent of the government workers that have been furloughed or who are having their paycheck delayed are outside of DC.

Matter of fact, there have already been news stories on the local Amarillo news about workers here that are being adversely affected.

True, the Pelosi shutdown is causing some hardship, but she is probably unaware of it while planning the next foreign trip for her and her minions.

Well, now we are seeing what Trump supporters in high government positions think of the workers. One is saying that the workers are going to be better off after the shutdown, because they got a paid vacation and will have a month's worth of pay saved up.

Trump's top economic adviser says furloughed federal workers might be 'better off' due to free 'vacation days'

Another is asking why are furloughed government workers going to soup kitchens and food pantries to get fed, when they could easily go get a loan.

Wilbur Ross says unpaid federal workers shouldn't need food banks, they can just get a loan

I guess those people don't understand that government workers at the GS-5 pay level or lower (which is a large percentage of them), don't make enough to have lots of money saved up. People at that level are generally living paycheck to paycheck. They aren't raking in a whole bunch of cash.

Well all Pelosi has to do is pass a bill that the Senate and President will sign off on.

Why is holding out for Mexico drug cartels and human traffickers more important to Pelosi than Federal employees on furlough?

Arrests For Illegal Border Crossings Hit 46-Year Low
December 5, 201711:10 AM ET

Close all of the bases and offices in Blue states.

Good idea.

E1D5F8D8-C6A4-40D2-82E1-DC8C5DA6FF24.jpeg

Nobody paid their bills for them

Whatever “windfall” they get will go to paying past bills plus any penalties and interest.

True, the Pelosi shutdown is causing some hardship, but she is probably unaware of it while planning the next foreign trip for her and her minions.

Its pretty obvious she doesn't care because she lost no time jetting out of the country. She couldn't care less about the Fed workers or security on the border.

That wall is the same one she voted for in the past. Funny how that works doncha know??

Hillary misspoke when she said "we're gonna put a lot of coal miners out of work" she meant "we're gonna put a lot of government workers out of work" and that's exactly what the Democrats are doing.

That you are pissed at Trump even though he's the only one who's been in DC trying to work with the other side is stupid.

And just sitting there saying "we aren't giving Trump shit, now open the government" isn't trying to work anything out.

I think we should all feel for them, I know how it is to not get paid (and/or to have employment interference).

I do believe though, a wall is about National Security. When he wins an election on two core promises: trade negotiations and a border wall, it's about doing what Americans voted for, and ultimately, what you need.

All of the "it's not as bad as it used to be" is a smack in the face to the Rule of Law and those who enter the U.S the right way. Of all the issues we've debated on here, this one honestly surprises the hell out of me. I don't see how anyone does not recognize a serious security and crime issue when you have 2000 a day trying to cross your southern border illegally. How many successful and not known?

Last edited:

What great news. Once the wall is built, it will go even LOWER.

Until the vile pos

until the vile pos in the WH can declare he won

I know Wilbur Ross has $700 million but just because you have $700 million doesn’t mean you don’t understand how hard it is to live from paycheck to paycheck.

Republicans are coming up with such terrific ideas.

Ask dad for some money, see if he’ll help you out.

Sell off a few stocks, you can get money for that.

Take a loan you’re going to get paid eventually.

Have a garage sale.

Take another job like Uber driver or something like that.

Only Republicans could come up with such terrific ideas that could help all these people out.

Only Republicans.

Remember that the next time you go to vote.

Only Republicans.

Forum List

Back