Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, was paid by Russia

Those are the Manafort talking points, even though he is not accused of dealing directly with the Russian government or Putin, he likes to point out that he wasn't. It is called creating a false issue as a deflection. Instead of proving he did not have dealings with Russian government associates and Putin associates, he wants to make the issue about direct connections. The purpose is to suggest connections with these associates weren't such a bad thing.
While he worked as Trumps campaign manager, he worked for free. He wasn't getting paid by Trump. He was getting paid by the Russian. Now, Team Trump is distancing themselves from Manafort.

Why?

More to follow...

Only one I know getting paid by the Russians was Podesta. To lobby to lift the sanctions.

Facts don't matter to these shills. They think anyone that has ever spoken to a Russian is guilty of "collusion". Unless of course that person was a Democrat.

I once dated a Russian girl, I'm sure that qualifies me as "having ties with Putin".
You people are getting scared.

Yeah, lol.... You people live in your own mythical dream world.

Well, well, well, looky what we have here...

Paul Manafort, President Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman reportedly entangled in an FBI investigation for his possible involvement in Russian election interference, secretly worked for a Putin-allied Russian billionaire to advance Russia’s interests abroad, the Associated Press reported Wednesday. Manafort lobbied on behalf of Russian aluminum magnate Oleg Deripaskia for $10 million a year from 2005 to around 2009. Deripaska was known as one Putin’s closest allies during that time.

...after Trump's campaign manager Paul Manafort said he was not working for the Russians...

In early November, Manafort told NBC News that he “never had ties to Russian president Vladimir Putin, or had dealings with Putin and his government.”

...it turns out he was working for the Russians.

But in 2005, Manafort penned a memo to Deripaska that laid out his plan to prop up Russia’s global standing, even though the Eastern European power’s relationship with the U.S. was deteriorating at that time.

“We are now of the belief that this model can greatly benefit the Putin Government if employed at the correct levels with the appropriate commitment to success,” Manafort wrote.
You might as well start calling this WATERTRUMP!

So was podesta. Your point?

Yes... over a decade before he joined Trump's campaign in early 2016. And he didn't have deals with Putin's Russia, but with a billionaire sympathetic to Putin.

Don't see how this stains Trump, or anything else. Nice try, liberals.
Why did they try to keep it secret? Why did they lie when US intelligence agencies alerted the country that Russia was meddling in the elections?

I'd like to know why Intel didn't alert the country that the Ukraine was meddling in the elections. That they purposefully lied about Manafort to smear him.

Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire

Kiev officials are scrambling to make amends with the president-elect after quietly working to boost Clinton.

By Kenneth P. Vogel and David Stern
| 01/11/17 05:05 AM EST

From the article:

Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found.

Story Continued Below

..A Ukrainian-American operative who was consulting for the Democratic National Committee met with top officials in the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington in an effort to expose ties between Trump, top campaign aide Paul Manafort and Russia, according to people with direct knowledge of the situation.

The Ukrainian efforts had an impact in the race, helping to force Manafort’s resignation and advancing the narrative that Trump’s campaign was deeply connected to Ukraine’s foe to the east, Russia.

Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire

Those are the Manafort talking points, even though he is not accused of dealing directly with the Russian government or Putin, he likes to point out that he wasn't. It is called creating a false issue as a deflection. Instead of proving he did not have dealings with Russian government associates and Putin associates, he wants to make the issue about direct connections. The purpose is to suggest connections with these associates weren't such a bad thing.
While he worked as Trumps campaign manager, he worked for free. He wasn't getting paid by Trump. He was getting paid by the Russian. Now, Team Trump is distancing themselves from Manafort.

Why?

More to follow...

Only one I know getting paid by the Russians was Podesta. To lobby to lift the sanctions.
Well, perhaps you do not know much. Russia is reported to have spent $700,000 during that time period on lobbying to lift sanctions. The Podesta Group got only a small amount in comparison, only $170,000, and that was to the brother Tony, the one not connected to the political campaign. The one that was registered as a lobbyist for the Russian bank. I notice that in all these discussions about Tony Podesta the name Tony is left out and the brothers are spoken of as being one and the same person. Its like folks purposely want to confuse the two brothers or make it seem as if there is only one Podesta.

o was podesta. Your point?
Was G. Gordan Liddy the point 43 years ago?

Yeah, he was, because he was breaking the law. The trumpsters people were doing nothing more than the shrilary's podesta group. Thus, your constant hysteria about the trumpster, while ignoring hers is hypocritical at best. Furthermore we KNOW that she accepted bribes to approve the uranium deal with russia when she was SOS. You have to ask yourself a simple question....do you wish to live in a free country, or do you wish to sell your soul to the progressive elite who don't give a flying fuck about you save at election time when they count on ignorant people to keep electing them... all the while they are screwing you.

When are you going to wake up dude? It should be pretty fucking obvious to a thinking person who the enemy of the people is, and it ain't the trumpster. Not when the political elite from both Party's are attacking him. Time for you to get a clue.

Can the radical left keep this Trump/Russia conspiracy theory going in the MSM long enough to take congress 6 years later and make Trump a lame duck in 2022?

The LWNJ's took congress in 2006 riding the 911Truther wave, an equally absurd proposition.

Is the party of slavery going for a repeat?

Last edited:
This is just the beginning of the ride...

So this has been a big secret has it? Ooooooooh spooky. Hidden from the public eye. Manafort worked for a Russian oligarch.

:lmao:

I told you it would be in his bio for all to see. Impressive bio by the way. You really need to check out his clients.

ITS IN FUCKING WIKIPEDIA! Breaking news kiss my ass.

In 2007 and 2008 Manafort was involved in investment projects with Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska (the acquisition of a Ukrainian telecoms company) and Ukrainian oligarch Dmytro Firtash (redevelopment of the site of the former Drake Hotel in New York City).[38] The Associated Press has reported that Manafort negotiated a $10 million annual contract with Deripaska to promote Russian interests in politics, business, and media coverage in Europe and the United States, starting in 2005

Paul Manafort - Wikipedia

This is getting funnier by the day. The left has painted themselves into a corner with this bullshit. I hope and pray Manafort gets to testify before one of the Intelligence committees. He'll roast them.

And for those that don't know here's a couple of clients you might know. Cripes I can't beleive they are trying to paint a good man and a good American as a treasonous bastard. Assholes.

Political activities

In 1976, Manafort was the delegate-hunt coordinator for eight states for the President Ford Committee; the overall Ford delegate operation was run by James A. Baker III.

Between 1978 and 1980, Manafort was the southern coordinator for Ronald Reagan's presidential campaign, and the deputy political director at the Republican National Committee.

After Reagan's election in November 1980, he was appointed Associate Director of the Presidential Personnel Office at the White House. In 1981 he was nominated to the Board of Directors of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation.

Manafort was an adviser to the presidential campaigns of George H. W. Bush in 1988 and Bob Dole in 1996.

You got it. Wiki.

So this has been a big secret has it? Ooooooooh spooky. Hidden from the public eye. Manafort worked for a Russian oligarch.

I told you it would be in his bio for all to see. Impressive bio by the way. You really need to check out his clients.

Look at the bottom of the Wikipedia page. It informs you that the page was modified today, which means in the last few hours.
Manaforts page at Wikipedia is being added to as news breaks. What you are seeing today may not have been there a few hours ago.

Look at the bottom of the Wikipedia page. It informs you that the page was modified today, which means in the last few hours.
Manaforts page at Wikipedia is being added to as news breaks. What you are seeing today may not have been there a few hours ago.

I know his bio is stellar. He's world reknowned. There was even an article last fall about his relationship with the oligarch. I mean it's out there. Nothing has been hidden.

You don't hide your clients. You brag on them. And I find it really outrageous that this good man who campaigned for so many Republican candidates for the Presidency is now being smeared as a potential traitor to his country just because the Democrats lost the election.

Manafort even served under Reagan and now people are calling him treasonous. It's disgusting.

Well, well, well, looky what we have here...

Paul Manafort, President Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman reportedly entangled in an FBI investigation for his possible involvement in Russian election interference, secretly worked for a Putin-allied Russian billionaire to advance Russia’s interests abroad, the Associated Press reported Wednesday. Manafort lobbied on behalf of Russian aluminum magnate Oleg Deripaskia for $10 million a year from 2005 to around 2009. Deripaska was known as one Putin’s closest allies during that time.

...after Trump's campaign manager Paul Manafort said he was not working for the Russians...

In early November, Manafort told NBC News that he “never had ties to Russian president Vladimir Putin, or had dealings with Putin and his government.”

...it turns out he was working for the Russians.

But in 2005, Manafort penned a memo to Deripaska that laid out his plan to prop up Russia’s global standing, even though the Eastern European power’s relationship with the U.S. was deteriorating at that time.

“We are now of the belief that this model can greatly benefit the Putin Government if employed at the correct levels with the appropriate commitment to success,” Manafort wrote.
You might as well start calling this WATERTRUMP!

True, he is a liar. Trump and the whole lot of them are liars.

Yeah, he was, because he was breaking the law. The trumpsters people were doing nothing more than the shrilary's podesta group. Thus, your constant hysteria about the trumpster, while ignoring hers is hypocritical at best. Furthermore we KNOW that she accepted bribes to approve the uranium deal with russia when she was SOS. You have to ask yourself a simple question....do you wish to live in a free country, or do you wish to sell your soul to the progressive elite who don't give a flying fuck about you save at election time when they count on ignorant people to keep electing them... all the while they are screwing you.

When are you going to wake up dude? It should be pretty fucking obvious to a thinking person who the enemy of the people is, and it ain't the trumpster. Not when the political elite from both Party's are attacking him. Time for you to get a clue.
You're looking at Liddy through the lens of hindsight; I was referring to liddy through the lens of foresight. At the time Liddy's actions came to light, Nixon was not in the hot seat. Same condition we have here in 2017.

BTW, have you ever read this book?

Here's a little excerpt for you to think about in regards to Heir Trump...

"some key conditions that Arendt connected with the emergence of totalitarianism were increasing xenophobia, racism and anti-Semitism, and hostility toward elites and mainstream political parties. Along with these, she cited an intensified alienation of the “masses” from government coupled with the willingness of alarming numbers of people to abandon facts or to “escape from reality into fiction.” Additionally, she noted an exponential increase in the number of refugees and stateless peoples, whose rights nation-states were unable to guarantee."
My my, hey hey,
our way of life, might go away,
its better to turn down, than be a bitch,
before the stateless masses, succumb to the rich!

Forum List

Back