Trump's Floundering Economy

The hardcore Left is certainly hopeful.

That's where we are: Party over country.
republicans-are-picking-party-over-country-and-for-what-donald-37073648.png
Yes, the two ends of the spectrum can be remarkably similar in their behaviors.

Not sure why you're so eager to point that out.

And my point remains. You know, the one from which you so clumsily deflected.

If your point has something to do with hopeful leftists, that probably stems from bigots and low-information Republicans electing a racist, Russian puppet and career con man POTUS.
Collusion-PRINT-CMYK-1020x675.jpg
Democrats refuse to impeach Trump, exposing you for the moron you are.

I thought Ears fixed all that?

Your TDS is flaring up again
Trade Deficit Subterfuge?

Is President Trump's Economy Floundering? | DCReport.org

"Of all of it, the trade policy has been a centerpiece for the president himself.

"Through aggressive use tariffs, Trump has promised to reset all that is wrong with Chinese trade, to rebalance trade deficits with South Korea, Japan and Europe, and wildly expand foreign sales to places like Saudi Arabia.

"Now we learn from the actual figures that the trade deficit with foreign countries has hit $892 billion in merchandise trade, the largest in the nation’s history.

"The deficit is $419 billion with China alone, even in the midst of a pressured negotiation to reset trade relations."
There is a really big reason why the trade deficit could possibly increase......are you ready for it?

dollar-yen-euro-stronger.jpg

With a strong dollar and everyone else is QE'ing again, just to stimulate their economy, more purchasing power for the US against foreign nations while their shitty currency cant buy much except their own crap IKEA stuff. But then again, not too many liberals understand economics, which is why they need welfare to keep them alive.

How surprised will you be if the self-proclaimed Economic Savior's main policy achievements are not working out as advertised?

How much more weight will you give these latest shortcomings if they peak just before November, 2020?

"The Commerce Department said this week that despite two years of America First-ism, the U.S. merchandise trade deficit is getting worse rather than better.

"After all the fuss about the tax cuts, it turns out that corporations benefited, not workers.

"And while joblessness is at an all-time low, the economy turns out to be churning out many more jobs at the bottom end of the skills market than middle-class jobs.

"Wages still lag, city centers are still rotting, infrastructure projects are still crumbling, public housing is still in trouble.

"Oh and then there is this massive debt resulting from unpaid for tax cuts.

"At the border, the Trump protectionist approach appears to be not working, as the monthly immigration numbers attest."

When will Trump's supporters notice anything he says is just as likely to be a lie as opposed to the truth?

Americans have so much money they are buying up foreign products. Yea, what a terrible economy...
Americans have so much money they are buying up foreign products. Yea, what a terrible economy...
Why has the trade deficit risen to a historic high since Trump took office?

"Commerce’s final 2018 trade report, delayed by the partial government shutdown, showed that the United States bought far more in foreign goods than it sold to customers in Africa, Asia, Europe and North America. When services are figured into the results, the totals are still much worse than two years ago.

"Again, all this matters to me because Trump has made it such a central measure for success."

So if “trade deficit” is suddenly something regressives care about, where are the Democrat efforts to bring manufacturing jobs back to the US? Where is their support for increased tariffs on foreign made products, and tax incentives for companies to manufacture in the US?

Put up or shut up time.

How surprised will you be if the self-proclaimed Economic Savior's main policy achievements are not working out as advertised?

How much more weight will you give these latest shortcomings if they peak just before November, 2020?

"The Commerce Department said this week that despite two years of America First-ism, the U.S. merchandise trade deficit is getting worse rather than better.

"After all the fuss about the tax cuts, it turns out that corporations benefited, not workers.

"And while joblessness is at an all-time low, the economy turns out to be churning out many more jobs at the bottom end of the skills market than middle-class jobs.

"Wages still lag, city centers are still rotting, infrastructure projects are still crumbling, public housing is still in trouble.

"At the border, the Trump protectionist approach appears to be not working, as the monthly immigration numbers attest."

When will Trump's supporters notice anything he says is just as likely to be a lie as opposed to the truth?

What "point" are you claiming to have made?
The one in post 3, obviously.

The one that triggered you into deflection.

I've addressed both your "points" concerning "hopeful leftists" and "party over country," so why don't you define my "deflection" or STFU?

I've addressed both your "points" concerning "hopeful leftists" and "party over country," so why don't you define my "deflection" or STFU?
Well, sure. Your "response" to my post was to change the subject. That's called "deflection".

And "STFU"? On the internet? What are you, a child? Should you be here?

If your point has something to do with hopeful leftists, that probably stems from bigots and low-information Republicans electing a racist, Russian puppet and career con man POTUS.
Democrats refuse to impeach Trump, exposing you for the moron you are
Why would Democrats waste time with impeachment when Senate Republicans would never vote to convict, Einstein?

Again, it shouldn't take a recession to realize that something is VERY WRONG with Trump in the White House.

Not to say we told you so, but we told you so.
Is that why CNN just reported that 71% say the economy is good and 51% Trump is handling the economy correctly?

meh

the new york manufacturing index was slumping but it wasnt in contraction
which is more important ....

real estate is sluggish ..has been for awhile
other than that it could be worse

Democrats refuse to impeach Trump, exposing you for the moron you are
Why would Democrats waste time with impeachment when Senate Republicans would never vote to convict, Einstein?
So Democrats lied just to get elected. :21:

I thought President Trump inherited a great economy, are you saying that it actually wasn't? It isnt the tax cuts that is causing the debt, it is the 1 trillion dollars given to liberal shitfucks who sit on their ass all day doing nothing, that needs to be taken away. Those shitfucks would be working thus increasing the tax revenues instead of taking tax revenues.

YOu really think we spend a trillion a year on poor people?

Nope. Most of that money goes to middle class people. Or as I like to call it, "White People Welfare".

Now, all that said, we are in a unique situation right now. Usually, the unemployment rate was a good barometer of where the economy is. Right now, however, we are in the situation where the Baby Boomers are aging out of the workforce. (First ones born in 1946, started retiring in 2011). But what we are doing is not sustainable. There aren't enough new workers coming in to replace the ones aging out.

So if “trade deficit” is suddenly something regressives care about, where are the Democrat efforts to bring manufacturing jobs back to the US? Where is their support for increased tariffs on foreign made products, and tax incentives for companies to manufacture in the US?

Put up or shut up time.

Tariffs are counterproductive. They aren't a tax on foreign manufacturers, they are a tax on American consumers and businesses.

The other part of the problem you fail to realize is that only about 13% of the manufacturing jobs that have vanished are gone because of outsourcing... Most of them have been lost to automation and process improvement. (I worked in manufacturing for 20 years... I can tell you this is the case.. Factories that employed hundreds of people in the 1990's employ only dozens now.

FINAL point. When we impose a tariff on Chinese manufactured goods, they impose a tariff on American soybeans. Not a good thing because anyone can grow a fucking soybean.

I thought President Trump inherited a great economy, are you saying that it actually wasn't? It isnt the tax cuts that is causing the debt, it is the 1 trillion dollars given to liberal shitfucks who sit on their ass all day doing nothing, that needs to be taken away. Those shitfucks would be working thus increasing the tax revenues instead of taking tax revenues.
440px-Defense_spending.png

Military budget of the United States - Wikipedia

Cut the graft and corruption from the Pentagon before cutting food stamps for children, or are you calling for a return of child labor?
Back to the "children" again, I see. Are those the ones lucky enough to survive abortions in or out of the womb?

Put up or shut up time.

Tariffs are counterproductive. They aren't a tax on foreign manufacturers, they are a tax on American consumers and businesses.

The other part of the problem you fail to realize is that only about 13% of the manufacturing jobs that have vanished are gone because of outsourcing... Most of them have been lost to automation and process improvement. (I worked in manufacturing for 20 years... I can tell you this is the case.. Factories that employed hundreds of people in the 1990's employ only dozens now.

FINAL point. When we impose a tariff on Chinese manufactured goods, they impose a tariff on American soybeans. Not a good thing because anyone can grow a fucking soybean.
i worked in manufacturing for almost 30...close to
i'm semi retired ...automation or people i never cared it was always about efficiency with me also

ahh the land of over capacity ...they always made it so easy to destroy them on price.
trump went to soft he should of went hard . they respond better to it.
the Chinese are in bad shape and they were more worried about the trade war then you think .dear leader for life even mentioned it in a recent address
and it wasn't good

after two 5 year plans they're still export reliant .promises of Volkswagens in every driveway and that booming domestic market no longer relying on exports i'm hearing about for almost 2 decades never materialized.
trump went easy on them if it were up to me i would of had 10 million out of work in 3 months. the land of over capacity , its not that hard to throw a monkey wrench into the whole system and grind the country to a halt . not saying we wouldn't get a bloody nose along with a massive supply chain scramble for some ...but with excruciating high tariff you'd have the Chinese rolled over on their backs asking for forgiveness and belly rubs .. the chi coms biggest fear is massive unemployment.

we have much bigger bullets

meaning we could of really hurt them and the soybean farmers wouldn't of had a problem .. they would of got hit either way but my way would of been faster

Why has the trade deficit risen to a historic high since Trump took office?

"Commerce’s final 2018 trade report, delayed by the partial government shutdown, showed that the United States bought far more in foreign goods than it sold to customers in Africa, Asia, Europe and North America. When services are figured into the results, the totals are still much worse than two years ago.

"Again, all this matters to me because Trump has made it such a central measure for success."

Put up or shut up time.

Put up or shut up time.
gnd-press-conf-sunrise.jpeg

Trump's lies about reducing the trade deficit are obvious to anyone capable of reading Commerce's final 2018 trade report (delayed by Trump's government shutdown).

"Now we learn from the actual figures that the trade deficit with foreign countries has hit $892 billion in merchandise trade, the largest in the nation’s history. The deficit is $419 billion with China alone, even in the midst of a pressured negotiation to reset trade relations."

Progressives recognize adding millions of productive jobs that pay a living wage will require a federal jobs guarantee and a commitment to decarbonize the US economy:

Why the Green New Deal Includes a Jobs Guarantee

"I think it’s useful to think of the Green New Deal as a mass mobilization effort.

"So here we are really talking about an urgent, very bold, very ambitious program that restructures the economy to make fossil fuels a thing of the past and transition to clean energy.

"The goal here, of course, is to stabilize carbon emissions and to limit warming within the decade.

"So we’re going to be talking about a wide range of jobs that will be in the energy sector, in the agriculture sector, in the infrastructure sector, to address problems of fallout from climate change, like the fires that we’re watching in California, like the destruction that we see from hurricanes and tornadoes and floods.

"So we really are talking about a comprehensive program.

"But I think it’s useful analytically to distinguish the millions of jobs that will be created through the green investment from specifically the Job Guarantee.

"The Job Guarantee has a unique purpose within this program, and that is the following, that it is essentially the backstop, it is essentially the safety net.

"It is a program that says if you have lost your fossil fuel job, so to speak, and you have not yet been incorporated into the green sector, we will ensure that transition for you, we will provide the safety net and employment opportunities in the interim in this transition, which for some people will be disruptive, and most likely for the most vulnerable it will be disruptive."

80% of the people at the bottom don’t vote. And how many of the 20% who did voted for trump? Many. So it’s up to the people not benefitting from trumpanomics to show up and vote democratic.

Wow, more deflection.

You've already proven my point once, but you can certainly keep going if you wish.

Allow me. I speak Mac.

Mac thinks that you are rooting for the American economy to fail because you are a partisan hack. His proof for this claim is that you posted a thread that says the economy is not doing as well as the president claims that it is.

You, therefore, are JUST LIKE the RW nuts who spent 8 years telling us that Obama ruined the economy and lied about the jobs numbers every month.

Just the other side of the same coin. You see?

I thought Ears fixed all that?

Your TDS is flaring up again
We got a very small bump from trumps huge tax giveaways.

Also consider trump increased military spending big time. I myself have made huge sales to the navy and other military contractors. So those defense contractors are doing well and that gives the economy a bump but that’s at tax payers expense. That’s socialism if you ask me. Companies relying on the government to do well.

Forum List

Back