Trump's Deutsche Bank loan leak foreshadows coming investigations

The interesting thing about him owing money to this banks

If he defaulted on loans as he done in the past, then will they have to go after a person who is the US president or will deals be made

Investigators are looking into whether this bank sold part of Trumps debt to Russian banks who are under sanctions.

If it is proven that they did and Trump is in debt to Russian banks, my my the Russian connection becomes more interesting

You are prepared to send troops ALL over the world to go and fight your battles...but you have not got the guts to serve yourself.
What? That's not true . I am not advocating sending troops to Venezuela, or to anywhere else. You are making stuff up in order to keep yourself agitated.

Back to Trump's loan request...it's pretty clear the guy is mortgaged to the eyeballs. If he's a billionaire, I'm a virginia ham.

You are nothing but a pathetic neocon...and a hypocrite, at that.

If Russia/China were acting EXACTLY as America is now after the 2016 election (because - for some weird reason - they wanted Clinton instead of Trump), you would be screaming how wrong it is, guaranteed.

You are nothing (on this) but an immoral, dishonorable, ends-justifies-the-means neocon - desperate to get brave Americans (and LOTS of innocent civilians) killed so you can sleep a little better.
You make me sick.

And neocons have done more harm to America than ANY terrorist group could ever dream of doing.

Ron Paul can explain it better than I ever could:

'4 months ago Trump said, “I honor the right of every nation in this room to pursue its own customs, beliefs, and traditions. The US will not tell you…”

by Ron Paul of Ron Paul Institute

Last week President Trump announced that the United States would no longer recognize Nicholas Maduro as president of Venezuela and would recognize the head of its national assembly, Jose Guaido, as president instead. US thus openly backs regime change. But what has long been a dream of the neocons may well turn out to be a nightmare for President Trump.

Why did Trump declare that the Venezuelan president was no longer the president? According to the State Department, the Administration was acting to help enforce the Venezuelan constitution. If only they were so eager to enforce our own Constitution!

It’s ironic that a president who has spent the first two years in office fighting charges that a foreign country meddled in the US elections would turn around and not only meddle in foreign elections but actually demand the right to name a foreign country’s president! How would we react if the Chinese and Russians decided that President Trump was not upholding the US Constitution and recognized Speaker Nancy Pelosi as US president instead?

Even those who would like to see a change of government in Venezuela should reject any notion that the change must be “helped” by the United States. According to press reports, Vice President Mike Pence was so involved in internal Venezuelan affairs that he actually urged Guaido to name himself president and promised US support. This is not only foolish, it is very dangerous. A Venezuelan civil war would result in mass death and even more economic misery!

Regime change has long been US policy for Venezuela. The US has been conducting economic warfare practically since Maduro’s predecessor, Hugo Chavez, was first elected in 1998. The goal of US sanctions and other economic measures against Venezuela (and other countries in Washington’s crosshairs) is to make life so miserable for average citizens that they rise up and overthrow their leaders. But of course once they do so they must replace those leaders with someone approved by Washington. Remember after the “Arab Spring” in Egypt when the people did rise up and overthrow their leader, but they then elected the “wrong” candidate. The army moved in and deposed the elected president and replaced him with a Washington-approved politician. Then-Secretary of State John Kerry called it “restoring democracy.”

It is tragically comical that President Trump has named convicted criminal Elliot Abrams as his point person to “restore democracy” in Venezuela. Abrams played a key role in the Iran-Contra affair and went on to be one of the chief architects of the disastrous US invasion of Iraq in 2003. His role in helping promote the horrible violence in Latin America in the 1980s should disqualify him from ever holding public office again.

Instead of this ham-fisted coup d’etat, a better policy for Venezuela these past 20 years would have been engagement and trade. If we truly believe in the superiority of a free market system we must also believe that we can only lead by example, not by forcing our system on others.

Just four months ago President Trump said at the UN: “I honor the right of every nation in this room to pursue its own customs, beliefs, and traditions. The United States will not tell you how to live or work or worship. We only ask that you honor our sovereignty in return.” Sadly it seems that these were merely empty words. We know from Iraq, Libya, Syria, etc. that this will not end well for President Trump. Or for the United States. We must leave Venezuela alone!'

You have a problem with the above - take it up with Dr. Paul.

I don't remotely have enough respect for you on this to waste my time 'debating' with you on it (I was bored and saw your post so I typed something).

You are a neocon...you get brave Americans and innocent civilians killed by the thousands AND you do nothing but weaken America. And you disgust me on this.

Also...it's WAAAY off topic for the thread.

The sad part of all of this is that we (American's) are incapable of seeing that this is exactly what the Political Class and above wants.
Ron Paul is a fool. That article is moronic and embarrassing. He says we shouldn't "help" or get involved, but allowing maduro to keep his oil revenue stream from the US and to steal his country's gold is precisely helping him. So we don't have the luxury of "staying neutral". Thank you Ron Paul for another idiotic set of ideas to toss in the "gold standard" trash bin.

One other thing...did you ever serve (I did, BTW - the reserves)?
Irrelevant. I don't talk about my military service here. And I certainly don't advocate sending troops to Venezuela.

You didn't serve. If you did it was in a rear end capacity.

So, you reveal your fantasies right here for all of USMB to see?

You should keep your kink to yourself, bubba.

The interesting thing about him owing money to this banks

If he defaulted on loans as he done in the past, then will they have to go after a person who is the US president or will deals be made

Investigators are looking into whether this bank sold part of Trumps debt to Russian banks who are under sanctions.

If it is proven that they did and Trump is in debt to Russian banks, my my the Russian connection becomes more interesting

Try again, in English this time please!

'In early 2016, with Donald Trump lending tens of millions of dollars to his presidential campaign, he sought a loan from Deutsche Bank, one of the few banks still willing to lend him money — and got turned down, the NY Times' David Enrich, Jesse Drucker and Ben Protess scoop.

Be smart: We're going to start to see more and more leaks — especially of the follow-the-money sort — from the 17 known investigations of Trump and Russia. Investigators and prosecutors will be sharing material that they may not be able to use in their cases, but that could be very useful to Democrats for congressional probes and even impeachment efforts.

• "The failed loan request ... shows that he was actively engaged in running his business in the midst of the presidential campaign, and it is likely to attract scrutiny from Democrats on two House committees that are investigating his two-decade relationship with Deutsche Bank."
  • Among the concerns of senior officials at the bank "was that if Mr. Trump won the election and then defaulted, Deutsche Bank would have to choose between not collecting on the debt or seizing the assets of the president of the United States."'
Trump's Deutsche Bank loan leak foreshadows coming investigations from House Democrats

Interesting.

Besides the legal ramifications - the guy is supposedly worth $10 billion :)bsflag:) and he not only is getting a load to cover his campaign contributions...but got turned down.

Financially, Trump is CLEARLY full of it.
/----/ "The failed loan request ... shows that he was actively engaged in running his business in the midst of the presidential campaign."

And what is illegal about FAILING to get a loan?
What is illegal about having a relationship with a German bank?
And what is illegal about running a business while running for president?

Emoulants Clause for one makes it illegal

Wrong, shit for brains. You obviously don't know what an emolument is..

Otherwise, you have a point

If he HAD got the loan, it, like his other businesses would have been turned over to the son running his companys

Could you translate that into English?

Last edited:
'In early 2016, with Donald Trump lending tens of millions of dollars to his presidential campaign, he sought a loan from Deutsche Bank, one of the few banks still willing to lend him money — and got turned down, the NY Times' David Enrich, Jesse Drucker and Ben Protess scoop.

Be smart: We're going to start to see more and more leaks — especially of the follow-the-money sort — from the 17 known investigations of Trump and Russia. Investigators and prosecutors will be sharing material that they may not be able to use in their cases, but that could be very useful to Democrats for congressional probes and even impeachment efforts.

• "The failed loan request ... shows that he was actively engaged in running his business in the midst of the presidential campaign, and it is likely to attract scrutiny from Democrats on two House committees that are investigating his two-decade relationship with Deutsche Bank."
  • Among the concerns of senior officials at the bank "was that if Mr. Trump won the election and then defaulted, Deutsche Bank would have to choose between not collecting on the debt or seizing the assets of the president of the United States."'
Trump's Deutsche Bank loan leak foreshadows coming investigations from House Democrats

Interesting.

Besides the legal ramifications - the guy is supposedly worth $10 billion :)bsflag:) and he not only is getting a load to cover his campaign contributions...but got turned down.

/----/ "The failed loan request ... shows that he was actively engaged in running his business in the midst of the presidential campaign."

And what is illegal about FAILING to get a loan?
What is illegal about having a relationship with a German bank?
Assuming there was no loan fraud or garrantees of the loan from a foriegn government it is unlikely a law was broken. That being said it is not uncommon for investigators to look at financial situations to establish motive. It does not pay in the eyes of the law or a jury to appear to be desparate in any way. Could be nothing could be some thing. Not for me to determine. This is what cops and courts are for. Please remember Trump is innnocent until proven guilty in a court of law and he has not been charged yet. I will make no projections as for the future.

There was no election and he inserted himself into the situation on our behalf.
That's not accurate. There was a sham election, in which opposition candidates were banned from running. And Guaido is the highest democratically elected official in the country, not some arbitrary American shill. Your bombastic language discredits you,especially when it is on shaky factual ground.
I mean, it was President Obama who declared Venezuela an unusual and extraordinary threat to the United States and put the first sort of sanctions on Venezuela officially. And that was just a couple years ago. And those were renewed this year before Trump really had a full understanding of what was taking place. So it’s really just been an ongoing escalation.

From the time Chavez first was elected in ’98 and those initial years when he didn’t comply with what the U.S. was looking for and always had in Venezuela as a client state that’s when the U.S. backed a coup against Chavez in 2002. And subsequently that sort of aggression just began increasing over the years.

So, I mean, now we’re just seeing sort of the culmination of it and the fact that they’re buckling down more. But, in the end, the relationship between the two countries remains generally the same. Venezuela is one of the principal suppliers of oil to the U.S. I mean, it’s a commercial relationship. They are interdependent. And in the end, there’s a lot of rhetoric back and forth. And, yes, there’s definitely an escalation of it now under Trump because the people sort of — that are pushing this this particular escalation, right now, that have Trump’s ear — are the more reactionary sectors of the Republican Party. Marco Rubio for example.

I mean, that’s what they’ve been looking for. They’ve been looking for a way to push regime change in Venezuela. But it really has nothing to do with a change in policy. It’s been a sort of a state policy of the United States towards Venezuela since the Chavez government.

THE BATTLE FOR VENEZUELA AND ITS OIL
The Battle for Venezuela and Its Oil

WASHINGTON HAS BEEN trying to topple Venezuela’s government for at least 17 years, but the Trump administration has taken a more openly aggressive tack than its predecessors. Last week, administration officials kicked their efforts into high gear by anointing their chosen successor to Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro Moros in advance of any coup d’etat. The 35-year-old Venezuelan member of Congress Juan Guaidó announced that he was now president, and the Trump administration, along with allied governments, immediately recognized him — in accordance with a previously arranged plan.

It is clear that President Donald Trump’s goal is regime change; his administration is not even trying to hide it. And his allies, like Vice President Mike Pence and Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., have long made it obvious what they are after.

The U.S. Helped Push Venezuela Into Chaos — and Trump’s Regime Change Policy Will Make Sure It Stays That Way
The U.S. Helped Push Venezuela Into Chaos — and Trump’s Regime Change Policy Will Make Sure It Stays That Way

Your Complete Guide to the N.Y. Times’ Support of U.S.-Backed Coups in Latin America
Your Complete Guide to the N.Y. Times’ Support of U.S.-Backed Coups in Latin America

The CIA’s Masterful Use of Fake News
The CIA’s Masterful Use of Fake News

The Arms Industry Is Taking Over Trump’s Pentagon
The Arms Industry Is Taking Over Trump’s Pentagon

Nice opinion piece. But it is a fact that maduro has violated the Constitution and democratic process of venezuela. His days are numbered. And it is a fact that there was, indeed, an election, during which maduro illegally banned opposition candidates from running. It is also a fact that guiado I the highest democratically elected official in Venezuela, and constitutional duty falls on him to take charge and bring democracy back to Venezuela.

We've been in there mucking about since Chavez got in. America, we'll run your nation for ya, whether you like it or not. Fweedumb, take it easy.
Neato!

But, the fact remains that maduro has completely undermined Venezuela Constitution and democracy, and Guaido is the highest democratically elected official in Venezuela. So guiado will eventually take the power.

Translation: FartFanBoy loves DJT and is now 100% on the Trump Train. Not sure Trump wants the likes of this sort of anti-American swine?

You are prepared to send troops ALL over the world to go and fight your battles...but you have not got the guts to serve yourself.
What? That's not true . I am not advocating sending troops to Venezuela, or to anywhere else. You are making stuff up in order to keep yourself agitated.

Back to Trump's loan request...it's pretty clear the guy is mortgaged to the eyeballs. If he's a billionaire, I'm a virginia ham.

All debts are listed near the end of filed Annual Financial Disclosure forms. Go read it before you look foolish. It is a fairly short list, mostly mortgage debt if I remember correctly at pretty low rates. No, i wont spoonfeed Commme red diaper doper baby again. I cut/pasted linked way back for a few loons. They ran to another thread to repeat the lies.

I suppose Forbes list of richest Americans has also been wrong repeatedly because your ilk say DJT cant be on the list, but is on it.

Edward Bernays - Wikipedia

The Making of Juan Guaidó: US Regime-Change Laboratory Created Venezuela’s Coup Leader
The Making of Juan Guaidó: US Regime-Change Laboratory Created Venezuela’s Coup Leader

Same old american empire of illusion nonsense.
And yet the facts remain that maduro held an illegal election, while guaido is the highest democratically elected official in Venezuela. And no number of opinion pieces is going to dislodge these facts

And yet we've been in there attempting to take down the govt since Chavez got it. You're way late man.
Neato!

But maduro still violated Venezuela laws and Constitution, and Guaido is still the highest democratically elected official in Venezuela. There are facts that are not going to go away.
Neato! American democracy around the world means america is in charge of your nation and we will be tearing your nation down to erect one of our choosing.

Fweedumb.
Well, with economic power comes power to inflict economic sanctions. And maduro left the door wide open, with his illegal activity. So the crisis in Venezuela will occur will or without our assistance. And we have every right to choose a side. Value judgments aside, maduro brought an end to his own regime. Now the military dominoes are falling. It would be derelict not to position ourselves in favor of our own interests,like it or not.

Bullshit, america = empire for a bit longer, with our empirical collapse on the horizon.

Interesting.

Besides the legal ramifications - the guy is supposedly worth $10 billion :bsflag: and he not only is getting a loan to cover his campaign contributions...but got turned down.

Running your business during a campaign is not a crime, moron, and it appears the bank turned down the loan for political reasons.

It might have been the serial bankruptcies.

More leftist loser talk. You’ve got squat and can’t stand that your lying piece of shit queen lost. Fuck off already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL...guess again loser...I have NEVER voted for either a Dem OR a Rep. And I never will.

I am not the pathetic loser who blindly believes in a political candidate. Especially one as stupid as Trump. You got conned, mate.

Top 10 Reasons To Doubt Trump Is Even A Billionaire
Is Donald Trump Not Really a Billionaire?
Is Donald Trump Worth $3 Billion or $10 Billion?

Now why don't you provide factual, unbiased proof that Trump IS worth over $10 billion? Like, his tax returns?

You can't and you know it. You are like those pathetic God Club people...no facts to go on...just a leap of faith. Pathetic.

Your messiah is a liar. And would be nothing if it were not for his rich Daddy.

We are done here.

Have a nice day.

BTW - Clinton won the popular vote. So in my book, she won.

Isn't it interesting, the contortionism required to be a believing american citizen. Our bastion of democracy; elects presidents with a minority of votes, backs a Venezuelan "leader" it trained here, who swears himself in, in a nation we want to take over for resource extraction, because we don't like their economic system, and because they went off of the dollar.

Fweedumb.
While you make some good points, you are wrong to say he "declared himself" president. You should read up on that a bit.

There was no election and he inserted himself into the situation on our behalf. Quibbling about semantics is not what I'm into. We're attempting another coup and there will be blowback. Maybe we can get ourselves a western hemisphere version of al Qaeda, al Nusra, ISIS or Bin Laden to partner with. Again.

WHATEVER happens in Venezuela...if the West had/has a hand in it, I GUARANTEE you it will make things worse for EVERYONE involved in the end.

To say I despise neocons is a GALACTIC understatement.
Sorry, neocons, neoliberals, america loves war, we float a bogus economic system on it.

Interesting.

Besides the legal ramifications - the guy is supposedly worth $10 billion :bsflag: and he not only is getting a loan to cover his campaign contributions...but got turned down.

Running your business during a campaign is not a crime, moron, and it appears the bank turned down the loan for political reasons.

It might have been the serial bankruptcies.
/——/ here is a list of Trump’s businesses. But your little mind can only see a few failed ones. The Companies Donald Trump Owns

Please remember Trump is innnocent until proven guilty in a court of law and he has not been charged yet.

Therein lie the problem.

According to DOJ guidelines...a President can't be indicted. So how do we deal with a President who is being investigated as a foreign asset?

Please remember Trump is innnocent until proven guilty in a court of law and he has not been charged yet.

Therein lie the problem.

According to DOJ guidelines...a President can't be indicted. So how do we deal with a President who is being investigated as a foreign asset?
I am sure there are constitutional lawers that have some ideas, but ya there is some discussion that should Trump win again he could out last statutes of limitations. Unfortunately my knowlege is roads, bridges and real estate until December. Then it will be fishing,golfing,hunting and naps. If I get some acreage I am looking at maybe breeding some labs.

Forum List

Back