Kamala Harris learns the perils of presidential front-running

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
SF Chronicle ^ | byline by Willie Brown

Sen. Kamala Harris’ Rolls-Royce rollout of her presidential run quickly shot her to the front of the Democratic pack, and with it all the troubles that come with being seen as a front-runner.

The first misstep came during her televised town meeting in Iowa. She was terrific for the first three-quarters of the show, connecting with the audience both in the hall and those of us at home.

In the final quarter, however, her focus seemed to fade — and that’s when she stepped in it, flippantly dismissing the concerns of people who like their private health insurance and aren’t enthusiastic about replacing it with government-run Medicare for All

gallery_xlarge.jpg

Did I say that besides me helping her, she helped me? I honestly don’t think I would have made it through my first grueling run for mayor without her smarts and support.

She loved me, and I loved me. It was a perfect relationship.

God Help Us.

Willie fondly remembers the GOOD OLD DAYS!

tumblr_pm7x8auQnF1vqykdl_540.jpg

Sen. Kamala Harris’ Rolls-Royce rollout of her presidential run quickly shot her to the front of the Democratic pack, and with it all the troubles that come with being seen as a front-runner.

The first misstep came during her televised town meeting in Iowa. She was terrific for the first three-quarters of the show, connecting with the audience both in the hall and those of us at home.

In the final quarter, however, her focus seemed to fade — and that’s when she stepped in it, flippantly dismissing the concerns of people who like their private health insurance and aren’t enthusiastic about replacing it with government-run Medicare for All

gallery_xlarge.jpg

Did I say that besides me helping her, she helped me? I honestly don’t think I would have made it through my first grueling run for mayor without her smarts and support.

God Help Us.

And it gets better...…

Kamala Harris and homeless person - Bing video

gallery_xlarge.jpg

God Help Us.

Not Presidential: Kamala Harris Posts Photo of Her and Stacey Abrams Laughing While Man is Passed Out or Dead on Bench in Background

Kamala is the only senator who goes home to a low-income inner-city community

Forum List

Back