AOC: its time to deal with white privilege in our politics & culture once and for all

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
I find the solutions for white communities to be very painful, because it’s very painful for a community to understand and have, go through this, like you can be, the idea that you can be poor and benefit from the color of your skin does not compute for a lot of people.

And going through that realization is very painful or even just economically for people that are that were born with silver spoons, it’s very painful to admit that you had advantages

"And we can all — almost every single person this country can acknowledge some privilege of some type, you know? I’m a cisgender woman. You know, I will never know the trauma of feeling like I’m not born in the right body, and that that is a privilege that I have no matter how poor my family was when I was born. But it’s really hard for some people to admit. It’s part of this weird American dream mythology that we have, that for a lot of, in a lot of circumstances isn’t as true or isn’t as clearly communicated as we’d like for it to be, or we wish it were." - AOC

She's a "cisgendered woman" — I'm sure the people of Appalachia feel her pain.

Podcast Special: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Her First Weeks in Washington

I find the solutions for white communities to be very painful, because it’s very painful for a community to understand and have, go through this, like you can be, the idea that you can be poor and benefit from the color of your skin does not compute for a lot of people.

And going through that realization is very painful or even just economically for people that are that were born with silver spoons, it’s very painful to admit that you had advantages

"And we can all — almost every single person this country can acknowledge some privilege of some type, you know? I’m a cisgender woman. You know, I will never know the trauma of feeling like I’m not born in the right body, and that that is a privilege that I have no matter how poor my family was when I was born. But it’s really hard for some people to admit. It’s part of this weird American dream mythology that we have, that for a lot of, in a lot of circumstances isn’t as true or isn’t as clearly communicated as we’d like for it to be, or we wish it were." - AOC

She’s about as dumb as a person can get and still remain breathing without a reminder to take another breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about the privilege of being born in America ……..oh my let the apologies begin

AOC is a spoiled brat-------middle class from BRONX, NEW YORK.
I have cousins like that. Lots of the spoiled brats of Bronx New York---
DESTROYED ---Bronx, New York in the 60s and 70s and counting----
I spent lots of my childhood in BEAUTIFUL, MIDDLE CLASS Bronx
because my mom grew up there and------there were the cousins-----
AOC's jerks transformed the place into criminal enclave (PS---my cousins
were not involved in despoiling lovely Bronx, New York )

AOC is a spoiled brat-------middle class from BRONX, NEW YORK.
I have cousins like that. Lots of the spoiled brats of Bronx New York---
DESTROYED ---Bronx, New York in the 60s and 70s and counting----
I spent lots of my childhood in BEAUTIFUL, MIDDLE CLASS Bronx
because my mom grew up there and------there were the cousins-----
AOC's jerks transformed the place into criminal enclave (PS---my cousins
were not involved in despoiling lovely Bronx, New York )

oh gee MARINO-----oh for the lovely "little Italy" of the erstwhile civilized Bronx

PS-----I got REALLY bad news for "AOC" Outside of the land at the bottom of the
rabbit hole-------SHE IS WHITE

It is my hope the DNC keeps this moron out front for 2020.

CA71C692-2107-4FDB-88EB-D7E41F7135F0.jpeg

I find the solutions for white communities to be very painful, because it’s very painful for a community to understand and have, go through this, like you can be, the idea that you can be poor and benefit from the color of your skin does not compute for a lot of people
The ideal that, if you are white,
you have to take care of your responsibilities
as well as, those who are not white.

That’s what computes with me

Very enlightening video. A discussion on white privilege by two black people. I agree with the guy. It is not the fault of white people that black families are more likely to grow up without a father in the house or that black parents are not teaching their children to take personal responsibility for their actions. The woman complained about going to a predominantly white school and claimed she was disadvantaged. She had the same opportunities as every other student. She got into college because of affirmative action. The guy asked why she needed that when she went to a good school and could have gotten in based on grades. She mentioned that her father went to a prestigious school in the 60's, long before affirmative action so that means he earned his way. That is how it used to be before Dems decided to change things. I think the affirmative action often encourages people not to try so hard because they don't have to. She also complained that black people aren't doing as well economically but, again, why not? They tend to be first in line for some jobs, like the post office, because of affirmative action and yet many still don't qualify even with reduced standards. How do white people manage to cause some black parents to fail at teaching their children to succeed. The woman stated that black parents don't know how but who is really holding them back?

I read an article written by a teacher in the N.Y. inner city schools. She talked about how the black students refuse to listen to teachers and refuse to learn words that they deem "white words." Some say that even if they wanted to learn, they are likely to get beat up by other blacks if they are caught trying to take school books home. Few do any homework. It's their own culture keeping them down. Parents don't insist that they respect teachers or do homework. Parents don't teach them that they are responsible for their own future. The idea is to wait till someone, like government, hands you what you need or you join gangs and take what you need. Whites are not responsible for this, except maybe the white Dems who pushed nanny government, victimhood, and racial division for decades. The left has been "helping" minorities since the 60's. As a result, they are doing worse each year. Maybe it's time that the minorities stop listening to those who make policies that hurt them in the long run.

Forum List

Back