Trump's DACA trap. He's losing on shutting the govt for a wall that a maj doesn't support

But none of that really deals with the more important issues of how to find people overstaying visas and where the hell are these 15K kids and how to we get them and their parents on the other side of the border. But Trump's shutdown has never been about immigration policy..... it's about keeping Coulter off his ass. LOL

Really, one has to kick back and wonder...what's in this for the average American?

~S~

I agree. Daca is not Trump's to bargain with.
Thank you for admitting Obama violated the Constitution when he shoved his 'DACA Edict' down the nation's throat illegally as 'law of the land'.

The difference YOU just pointed out is that President Trump is OFFERING the Democrats a deal to PASS LEGISLATION that would contain DACA and money for the wall.

Trump is the leader of the Republican Party, and as such he can negotiate the possibility of legislation supported by Republicans in the House and Senate, which is what he is offering.

Obama completely bypassed Congress to impose his own edict.

Thanks again for pointing that out.

In your opinion I'm wrong, I seem to recall that the Republicans won enough elections to hold the White House and the Senate, so at best it's a DRAW on the election front, which generally speaking means the sheeple want bi-partisan compromise, so far it looks like Donny is the only one willing to compromise since he's the only one that's made an offer.

Yeah, Donnie ended DACA, thereby took the dreamers hostage, and now he's offering the hostages in return for taxpayer funding for his campaign ploy at the southern border.

Some "compromise"...

The difference YOU just pointed out is that President Trump is OFFERING the Democrats a deal to PASS LEGISLATION that would contain DACA and money for the wall.

Not any more.....

Trump is the leader of the Republican Party, and as such he can negotiate the possibility of legislation supported by Republicans in the House and Senate, which is what he is offering.

I thought the potus 'led' both parties, despite party of orgin?

how times change.....

~S~

The tangerine terror claims this shutdown as his own

The President said he would be proud to shut the govt down in order to secure this nation's borders. Pelosi and Democrats continue to demonstrate they stand with violent illegals and criminals.

Pelosi has openly declared she will not negotiate, she will not compromise, she has submitted her 'hostage demands', and was caught attempting to flee the country, abdicating her sole as Speaker of the House in the midst of her shutdown.

This is now officially Pelosi's and the democrats' shutdown.

In your opinion I'm wrong, I seem to recall that the Republicans won enough elections to hold the White House and the Senate, so at best it's a DRAW on the election front, which generally speaking means the sheeple want bi-partisan compromise, so far it looks like Donny is the only one willing to compromise since he's the only one that's made an offer.

Yeah, Donnie ended DACA, thereby took the dreamers hostage, and now he's offering the hostages in return for taxpayer funding for his campaign ploy at the southern border.

Some "compromise"...

Hot off the press Old One, check it out>>>

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump's bid to build a U.S.-Mexico border wall and end a month-long partial government shutdown suffered a blow on Tuesday when the U.S. Supreme Court left in place for now a program protecting young illegal immigrants from deportation.

Donny is guilty of a lot of sins but inventing government "shutdowns" as a negotiating tools isn't one of them, they've become a regular occurrence as a result of the instability in our political system which has become increasingly acute over the last few decades

Any given potus shouldn't have the power to shut down governance

Most past shutdowns were short political posturing ,over quickly

Trump, however, weilds it ineffectively , the scotus called his bluff, now he's backed into a corner , withe the Dems boot on his neck
What does any of that have to do with the fact that Donny isn't the first POTUS to use "shutdown" as a negotiating tool?

Not to mention that the U.S. Constitution disagrees with you on what power the Executive Branch "shouldn't have", the POTUS can refuse to sign whatever bill(s) he/she doesn't care to sign and the Legislative Branch has the Constitutional Authority to override him/her.

Seems like a reasonable checks & balances system to me, however given the current petty childish that our hyper-partisan miscreants in Washington are prone to these days it shouldn't surprise anybody that we're at this juncture and it isn't just one major Crime Family doing it, it's BOTH of them abusing a rational separation of powers arrangement.

Bad news is, the instability of our political system continues to grow, so it only gets worse from here, might as well get used to it.

I thought the potus 'led' both parties, despite party of orgin? how times change.....
Times don't change - you're still an idiot.

"I Won!" "Elections Have Consequences!"

Sound familiar, snowflake? It should - that's Obama pitching an immature hissy fit after he won, telling the GOP, 'F* YOU - I won, so I get my way'. Now tell me again how that is a President 'leading both parties'.

:p Bwuhahahahaha

meadowmuffins!
~S~
Are you telling me that the Texas Troopers are not capable of border security?

Are you telling me that DPD can't handle airport security at DFW and the like?

We can do anything the Fed Gov does for as long as necessary.

oh, i know that tune.....
maxresdefault.jpg

Donny is guilty of a lot of sins but inventing government "shutdowns" as a negotiating tools isn't one of them, they've become a regular occurrence as a result of the instability in our political system which has become increasingly acute over the last few decades

Any given potus shouldn't have the power to shut down governance

Most past shutdowns were short political posturing ,over quickly

Trump, however, weilds it ineffectively , the scotus called his bluff, now he's backed into a corner , withe the Dems boot on his neck

Even some noob piker of a leader could see this coming

~S~
in your opinion, my opinion is keep it shut down till i get what i voted for

meadowmuffins!
~S~

maxresdefault.jpg
Snowflakes wrapping themselves in the flag and reading from the Bible when it suits them .... before going back to burning the flag and abusing / mocking Christians.

What does any of that have to do with the fact that Donny isn't the first POTUS to use "shutdown" as a negotiating tool?

Only in that's he's blowing it.....

Not to mention that the U.S. Constitution disagrees with you on what power the Executive Branch "shouldn't have", the POTUS can refuse to sign whatever bill(s) he/she doesn't care to sign and the Legislative Branch has the Constitutional Authority to override him/her.

Not to mention the PA granting exec power over judicial and legislative branches, so i wonder if a national emergency would invoke that now?

~S~

meadowmuffins!
~S~

maxresdefault.jpg
Let's find out together, shall we?

Keep it shut down FOREVER!!!!

As long as Trump owns it, fine.....~S~

But a maj didn't support a shut down over deporting the DACA folks.

CNN poll: DACA not worth a shutdown, except to Democrats - CNNPolitics

Will the dems fall for it? For all voters the econ is a more important issue, and HC is as important as immigration, and the dems own that issue after Trumpcare's implosion ... and on immigration, there's no consensus on what should be done. Only the gop wants a wall.

APNORC.org - Home | APNORC.org

President Hillary says this poll is entirely accurate.

I thought the potus 'led' both parties, despite party of orgin? how times change.....
Times don't change - you're still an idiot.

"I Won!" "Elections Have Consequences!"

Sound familiar, snowflake? It should - that's Obama pitching an immature hissy fit after he won, telling the GOP, 'F* YOU - I won, so I get my way'. Now tell me again how that is a President 'leading both parties'.

:p Bwuhahahahaha

The point is, Trump is a poor leader

something i suspect will be inescapable as the rats jump ship

~S~

Forum List

Back