Trump's 'America First' has ugly echoes from U.S. history

As soon as I read the title of this thread I knew the name "Hitler" would be mentioned, especially given the person who started the thread. Big surprise, huh?

If so you have great mind reading skills.

And it is true...

The America first became a haven for the American pro-Nazi movement here in the USA... And moved public option so it was a real force that prevented us protecting our ally Great Brittan and going to war with Germany later than we should have
Who was the president at the time? "Nuff said.

The problem of the last 75 years has be that the US Government has not put America First.
It is about time we actually had elected officials who put America before any other agenda.

And that's Trump. :thup:

America First Committee, founded in September 1940 by Nazi sympathizers.

america_first.jpg

America First Committee Original Four Principles:
  1. The United States must build an impregnable defense for America
  2. No foreign power, nor group of powers, can successfully attack a prepared America
  3. American democracy can be preserved only by keeping out of the European war.
  4. "Aid short of war" weakens national defense at home and threatens to involve America in war abroad.
a1.jpg

Sooooo. . . . .

Because Lindbergh had some Nazi connections, you want to call the whole organization "Nazi sympathizers?"

Seriously?

You have committed a fallacy of inductive generalization, or more commonly known as a hasty generalization. Congratulations, do try not to let it happen again.

I suppose you think George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were a "Nazi Sympathizers" too, eh?

jefferson.png
george-washington-quote-it-is-our-true-policy-to-steer-clear-of-permanent.jpg

The problem of the last 75 years has be that the US Government has not put America First.
It is about time we actually had elected officials who put America before any other agenda.

George W. Bush attacked two countries that had no connection to us.
What does Bush have to do with Trump?
Nothing, but once you've been proven wrong, leftist deflect and attack with nonsense and lies.

George W. Bush attacked two countries that had no connection to us.
What does Bush have to do with Trump?
Nothing, but once you've been proven wrong, leftist deflect and attack with nonsense and lies.
Projection

America First Committee, founded in September 1940 by Nazi sympathizers.

america_first.jpg

America First Committee Original Four Principles:
  1. The United States must build an impregnable defense for America
  2. No foreign power, nor group of powers, can successfully attack a prepared America
  3. American democracy can be preserved only by keeping out of the European war.
  4. "Aid short of war" weakens national defense at home and threatens to involve America in war abroad.
a1.jpg

Sooooo. . . . .

Because Lindbergh had some Nazi connections, you want to call the whole organization "Nazi sympathizers?"

Seriously?

You have committed a fallacy of inductive generalization, or more commonly known as a hasty generalization. Congratulations, do try not to let it happen again.

I suppose you think George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were a "Nazi Sympathizers" too, eh?

jefferson.png
george-washington-quote-it-is-our-true-policy-to-steer-clear-of-permanent.jpg
My favorite George Washington quote is

"Put none but Americans on watch."

Trump reminds us of a very ugly period in US history.

Trump's America First has ugly echoes from U.S. history - CNN.com

It is extremely unfortunate that in his speech Wednesday outlining his foreign policy goals, Donald Trump chose to brand his foreign policy with the noxious slogan "America First," the name of the isolationist, defeatist, anti-Semitic national organization that urged the United States to appease Adolf Hitler.
<more>
Yeah... I mean things are in such great shape now with the muslim in the white mosque running things... pfft... :lol:

I mean REALLY... why would any PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES want to put AMERICA FIRST?

Maaaaan... we can't have that SHIT... we need keep making America a third world SHIT HOLE like the little muslim dog turd now is doing.

The little muslim POS has done grave damage to America, and it will take a Trump to undue it, and it's coming, and I hope the liberals either move the fuck out of American or their little heads explode... either way... long overdue change is coming, because the vast majority of Americans are DEMANDING it.

The little muslim POS has done grave damage to America, and it will take a Trump to undue it, and it's coming, and I hope the liberals either move the fuck out of American or their little heads explode... either way... long overdue change is coming, because the vast majority of Americans are DEMANDING it.
Hopefully their heads will explode.

The Right has become so comfortable with their conservatism that they're embracing Naziism.

Trump's 'America first' is naïve, childish, sophomoric, amateurish, and inane – neo-isolationist nonsense devoid of merit.

Just calling a policy opinion names is, ironically, childish and devoid of merit.

Hillary supported invading Iraq.

Trump opposed it.

Which side of that issue are you on?

Trump's 'America first' is naïve, childish, sophomoric, amateurish, and inane – neo-isolationist nonsense devoid of merit.

Just calling a policy opinion names is, ironically, childish and devoid of merit.

Hillary supported invading Iraq.

Trump opposed it.

Which side of that issue are you on?
Show the link that Trump was against the war in Iraq that is dated before the war. His claim is one of the things on the list of Trump lies. He supported it in at least one recorded interview.

The criticism for Trump using the America First term is that it already has a well-defined meaning and his supporters are not informed or educated enough to recognize the meaning. It represented a nationalist agenda and so does the proposals of Trump.

Forum List

Back