Trump's 'America First' has ugly echoes from U.S. history

Trump's 'America first' is naïve, childish, sophomoric, amateurish, and inane – neo-isolationist nonsense devoid of merit.

Just calling a policy opinion names is, ironically, childish and devoid of merit.

Hillary supported invading Iraq.

Trump opposed it.

Which side of that issue are you on?
Show the link that Trump was against the war in Iraq that is dated before the war. His claim is one of the things on the list of Trump lies. He supported it in at least one recorded interview.

The criticism for Trump using the America First term is that it already has a well-defined meaning and his supporters are not informed or educated enough to recognize the meaning. It represented a nationalist agenda and so does the proposals of Trump.

Evidence that Trump opposed the war PUBLICLY seems to be lacking.

There is plenty of evidence that Hillary supported the war.

Which side of that issue are you on?

America First is Well defined for history buffs.

It's been a long time, by American standards. America First has a nice ring to it, and accurately describes TRUmp's positions.

The only people whining about it, are people who hate Trump.

And yes, it does represent a Nationalist Agenda.

That's the point.

Britain first was the practice of the UK for centuries before any Nazi party. How long was the Country considered an empire ?

Its either racist or Nazi and then if all else fails the Liberal argument coup d'état Racist Nazi. Some historical perspective goes a long way . The memory of the worlds worst war to date was fresh in the minds of Americans and they did not want to be dragged into another one because of problems in Europe. Until Pearl Harbor the majority of Americans did not want another war.

By the way those "isolationist, defeatist, anti-Semitic national organization that urged the United States to appease Adolf Hitler" were lead by people like Joe Kennedy Sr. father of none other than John F. Kennedy.

If so you have great mind reading skills.

And it is true...

The America first became a haven for the American pro-Nazi movement here in the USA... And moved public option so it was a real force that prevented us protecting our ally Great Brittan and going to war with Germany later than we should have

And what of you "fuck America" democrats? Are you not a haven for the Neo-Khmere Rouge?

democrats hate the idea of "America First," but you do hold America as the first you will hate, every last time.

Show the link that Trump was against the war in Iraq that is dated before the war.

Don't be stupid, Trump was a far left democrat at the time.

His claim is one of the things on the list of Trump lies. He supported it in at least one recorded interview.

The criticism for Trump using the America First term is that it already has a well-defined meaning and his supporters are not informed or educated enough to recognize the meaning. It represented a nationalist agenda and so does the proposals of Trump.

Yawn, you have zero credibility, you're not a scholar nor an academic, you are merely a hack..

Its either racist or Nazi and then if all else fails the Liberal argument coup d'état Racist Nazi. Some historical perspective goes a long way . The memory of the worlds worst war to date was fresh in the minds of Americans and they did not want to be dragged into another one because of problems in Europe. Until Pearl Harbor the majority of Americans did not want another war.

By the way those "isolationist, defeatist, anti-Semitic national organization that urged the United States to appease Adolf Hitler" were lead by people like Joe Kennedy Sr. father of none other than John F. Kennedy.
Not to challenge your comment about Joe Kennedy Sr. because I understand his friendship with Lindbergh and he pressed some to the America First ideas as the Ambassador to Great Britain, and in fact lost his position for it, but I have been unable to find a link confirming that he was formally connected or openly supportive of the America First Party or Committee. Maybe if you have a link I could stop looking.

Show the link that Trump was against the war in Iraq that is dated before the war.

His claim is one of the things on the list of Trump lies. He supported it in at least one recorded interview.

Yawn, you have zero credibility, you're not a scholar nor an academic, you are merely a hack..
Trump continues to claim he was publicly against the war. That is an apparent lie. There is nothing radical, extreme or hackish about asking for a link to support his claim.

Trump continues to claim he was blicly against the war. That is an apparent lie. There is nothing radical, extreme or hackish about asking for a link to support his claim.

Hillary was certainly FOR the war. That is an undeniable truth.

And yet you libs, who have been against that war forever, and going on about how horrible it was, and how it was so illegal and so that, and so this,

are now giving HIllary a pass on her warmongering.

While attacking Trump for being isolationist.

Trump continues to claim he was publicly against the war.

What I don't get about you partisan hacks is that there is so much to go after Trump for, so why lie? Especially a stupid lie like this?

That is an apparent lie. There is nothing radical, extreme or hackish about asking for a link to support his claim.

How about a link from you that demonstrates Trump supported the invasion?

Yeah, I won't hold my breath.

What I don't get about you partisan hacks is that there is so much to go after Trump for, so why lie? Especially a stupid lie like this?

That is an apparent lie. There is nothing radical, extreme or hackish about asking for a link to support his claim.

There is no lie in my comment and the reason I made the comment was in response to a post. didn't bring up the topic. As far as a link, Trump supported the war in a Howard Stern interview preceding the war. He admitted such two months ago when he was called out on it by Anderson Copper.
If you read, listened or watched something other than the partisan crap you try to educate yourself with you would know about this front page news.

There is no lie in my comment and the reason I made the comment was in response to a post. didn't bring up the topic. As far as a link, Trump supported the war in a Howard Stern interview preceding the war. He admitted such two months ago when he was called out on it by Anderson Copper.
If you read, listened or watched something other than the partisan crap you try to educate yourself with you would know about this front page news.

"Trump, who was being interviewed by Howard Stern, said that “yeah, I guess so” when asked if he was for invading the country."

Wow. THat's obviously a really thought out policy position.

Meanwhile, you are ignoring Hilary actively supporting the Iraqi Invasion while in the Senate.

There is no lie in my comment and the reason I made the comment was in response to a post. didn't bring up the topic.

It is a lie that there is anything to base your claim that Trump supported the invasion of Iraq.

You make the claim not because you have any basis, but simply because you think it will harm Trump and help Hillary.

As far as a link, Trump supported the war in a Howard Stern interview preceding the war. He admitted such two months ago when he was called out on it by Anderson Copper.

I'm clicking, but it's not going.

{In the Esquire interview, Trump called the Iraq War a “mess,” while also harshly criticizing how the Bush administration handled it. He dismissed the idea of Iraq becoming truly democratic, and predicted the U.S. withdrawal would lead to “a revolution, and the meanest, toughest, smartest, most vicious guy will take over.”}

Donald Trump's Anti-Iraq War Position Wasn't As Prophetic As He Thinks

"Trump, who was being interviewed by Howard Stern, said that “yeah, I guess so” when asked if he was for invading the country."

Meanwhile, you are ignoring Hilary actively supporting the Iraqi Invasion while in the Senate.

You can't blame Camp for making things up, he has a party to serve, and integrity gets in the way of that...

Point is, Trump got caught lying about publicly being against the war before it began and you have confirmed it.
I was supportive of President Bush because I believed his and his administration's lies like so many others. I believed him when he claimed a collusion between Saddam and al Qaeda in his State of the Union Address and I believed the follow-up lies by VP Cheney. I also believed that it would be a quick victory and the focus of the war on terrorism would shift. I was shocked when Bush went back on his word about not getting involved in nation building and turned the Iraq war into a war of occupation, put us in the middle of an insurgency, civil war, and nation building

You can't blame Camp for making things up, he has a party to serve, and integrity gets in the way of that...

Fairly normal for libs.

Point is, Trump got caught lying about publicly being against the war before it began and you have confirmed it.
I was supportive of President Bush because I believed his and his administration's lies like so many others. I believed him when he claimed a collusion between Saddam and al Qaeda in his State of the Union Address and I believed the follow-up lies by VP Cheney. I also believed that it would be a quick victory and the focus of the war on terrorism would shift. I was shocked when Bush went back on his word about not getting involved in nation building and turned the Iraq war into a war of occupation, put us in the middle of an insurgency, civil war, and nation building

It is obvious from the quote that he had not given the matter any thought.

That he might have had personal doubts that he thought he had mentioned in public and he didn't?

COmpletely possible and reasonable.

Meanwhile, you give Hillary a pass on actively supporting the invasion.

As part of the Senate it was her job to seriously consider and judge the need for War.

She came down on the Pro War side of that question.

Clearly and actively.

For you to be slamming Trump on this issue, while supporting Hillary is the height of hypocrisy.

Trump's Foreign Policy Position is one of non-intervention and disentanglement.

That is anti-war.

And you can't face that truth.

There is no lie in my comment and the reason I made the comment was in response to a post. didn't bring up the topic.

It is a lie that there is anything to base your claim that Trump supported the invasion of Iraq.

You make the claim not because you have any basis, but simply because you think it will harm Trump and help Hillary.

As far as a link, Trump supported the war in a Howard Stern interview preceding the war. He admitted such two months ago when he was called out on it by Anderson Copper.

I'm clicking, but it's not going.

{In the Esquire interview, Trump called the Iraq War a “mess,” while also harshly criticizing how the Bush administration handled it. He dismissed the idea of Iraq becoming truly democratic, and predicted the U.S. withdrawal would lead to “a revolution, and the meanest, toughest, smartest, most vicious guy will take over.”}

Donald Trump's Anti-Iraq War Position Wasn't As Prophetic As He Thinks
Your link is an article published after the war and confirms Trump's misleading, if not outright lying about his position. That is, in fact, the focus of the article. Trump has continuously used his comments against the war to comments he made long after the war had been started and to coincide with many others who criticised the war when it became apparent the war was turning into a quagmire. The problem is, he misleadingly indicated those were his thoughts before the war began.
Read the link you provided. You still haven't learned to check your links before you post them. What did you think that article was about?

Now we've lost the Millennial generation to the leftist public schools....what kind of country teaches it's young to hate their own history and culture? :confused-84:

Forum List

Back