TrumpGas™

I’m in Augusta, GA, dumbass. It’s $2.59 per gallon. Georgia has some of the cheapest gas taxes in the country.
/——/ I always knew Gas Buddy was low balling the prices. Thanks for verifying
View attachment 253138
Sams and Costco are clubs and usually are 10 cents cheaper. I don’t know those other two. Augusta has some of the lowest gas prices in the state. It may have something to do with being right on South Carolina’s border. I don’t know. But it’s cheaper than Atlanta or Macon or Valdosta.

Usually those differences can be traced to differing county taxes.

I go to Augusta once a year and I always tank up in South Carolina. Lowest gas prices anywhere due to lowest gas taxes --- and it shows on the quality of the roads.
South Carolina is a real shithole. You can tell as soon as you cross the state line.

That's why we have a wall between the states.

Trying to get your state and my state to collaborate on a project to just saw it off and push it out to the Bermuda Triangle.
Lol! I just noticed your location. You in North or South?

View attachment 253138
Sams and Costco are clubs and usually are 10 cents cheaper. I don’t know those other two. Augusta has some of the lowest gas prices in the state. It may have something to do with being right on South Carolina’s border. I don’t know. But it’s cheaper than Atlanta or Macon or Valdosta.

I go to Augusta once a year and I always tank up in South Carolina. Lowest gas prices anywhere due to lowest gas taxes --- and it shows on the quality of the roads.
South Carolina is a real shithole. You can tell as soon as you cross the state line.

Trying to get your state and my state to collaborate on a project to just saw it off and push it out to the Bermuda Triangle.

Obviously I know how to write so what does that tell you. :rofl:

Hope hjmick doesn't see this thread..... :eusa_shifty:

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

TrumpGas™ is currently 9 cents a gallon cheaper than when Trump was inaugurated:

gas-2019.jpg

We gave Pogo to the North... He's only allowed in South Carolina every second
View attachment 253138

We gave Pogo to the North... He's only allowed in South Carolina every second and fourth Tuesday of the month...

And lighten up on SC, it's a beautiful state... mostly...

Brother, you ain't kidding. As the son of a college English prof, as a man who loves the written word and who excelled in English, I could strangle some of the fuckers down here...Luckily I just live here, I'm not from here...

At work there are two gals, one from WV the other from NC. It's a miracle I don't throttle them both the way they butcher the language...

Brother, you ain't kidding. As the son of a college English prof, as a man who loves the written word and who excelled in English, I could strangle some of the fuckers down here...Luckily I just live here, I'm not from here...

At work there are two gals, one from WV the other from NC. It's a miracle I don't throttle them both the way they butcher the language...
/—-/ Not like dem well spoken folks in Brookalean who live on turdy thurd street. Fagettaboutit. Ya know what I’m sayin?

We gave Pogo to the North... He's only allowed in South Carolina every second and fourth Tuesday of the month...

If you like palmettos.

I once started a topic to talk about just how fucked up SC politics are.

There is that...

Full disclosure here, my mother's family were South Carolinians for generations. Then at one point Mississippi got "opened up" and our branch of the family took off to the west for greener pastures. The other branch of the same family stayed behind and became Strom Thurmond. True story. I like to think that was the difference in the smart vs stoopid genes.

/—-/ Not like dem well spoken folks in Brookalean who live on turdy thurd street. Fagettaboutit. Ya know what I’m sayin?

I've only ever heard one guy ask me to drop him at "turdy turd street". He was from County Limerick.

There is that...
Some of the food is good.

There is that...

The thing I miss most about California and New Mexico is the Mexican food. I have yet, in seven years, found a decent Mexican restaurant in the Charleston area.

There is that...

The thing I miss most about California and New Mexico is the Mexican food. I have yet, in seven years, found a decent Mexican restaurant in the Charleston area.

That's a drag. I get that even here in this little burg in the sticks. If I go down to Mississippi where my relatives are I have to choose between several.

There is that...

That's a drag. I get that even here in this little burg in the sticks. If I go down to Mississippi where my relatives are I have to choose between several.

I could just be me... Having grown up in Texas and California (30 plus years there), and living in New Mexico it could be I'm expecting too much... LOL

There is that...

I could just be me... Having grown up in Texas and California (30 plus years there), and living in New Mexico it could be I'm expecting too much... LOL

Yep, it's all relative. When I note that I have a decent Mexican restaurant here that means it's "tolerable" -- worth an occasional visit.

The other week they had Aguachiles on a special. I'd never had that so I tried it. Holy SHIT that was hot.
I'm no stranger to scoville units but DAMN. I've only ever had food that hot once before, it was Korean, in Seattle.

There is that...

Even from the hickest parts of California, moving to South Carolina is a huge culture shock. I could never live there. Do they still restrict liquor sales on Sunday? Did they ever get rid of those ridiculous airline-size liquor bottles?

For anyone reading this who doesn’t know: SC used to require bars to use those little bottles you get on the plane. So they had shitloads of them. I know bartenders hated them. Their hand hurt by the end of the night from twisting those caps off all night long. One of the stupidest state laws I’ve ever encountered.

Forum List

Back