Trumpcare has Arrived

Trump signs the measure then hands Rand Paul the pen ...

when all the poor coal mining bastards in Kentucky remember that the next time they step in a polling booth and remember they no longer have health insurance Paul might as well grab a headlamp and join them in the mines, his political career is over.

Wait & see that is my plan. personal thoughts on the matter, its not looking good. next up think Social Security will get a cost increase, with a reduction of things covered.
We need to raise the Medicare and Social Security eligibility age to 70 immediately, and index it to 9 percent of the population going forward.

We are living decades longer than our ancestors who implemented Social Security. We should be working longer. Common fucking sense.

when all the poor coal mining bastards in Kentucky remember that the next time they step in a polling booth and remember they no longer have health insurance Paul might as well grab a headlamp and join them in the mines, his political career is over.
Trump hoaxed the coal miners right up their asses. Bigly.

Damn you, Obama! Damn you!

u_s_coal_mining_jobs.png

Oh, wait...

US_Coal_Mining_Employment_1900_2016_MSHA_series_e1487808914791.png

It does appear that Trump is making HC insurance more expensive both by cutting subsidies and making it easier to charge more for older and sicker, and he's aiming that directly at republicans in congress.

I'm not sure if he and Bannon are expecting this to help primary republicans or whether there is no strategy beyond being pissed off.

The ONLY strategy for Trump is to fire-up his base of cultists....trump does NOT care if the 2018 midterms slaughter republicans....his only care is accolades from his moronic following.
I agree that Trump's need to satisfy his base determines every action he takes or avoids. Maybe that's not unusual except for the fact that his base thinks everything gummit does beyond paying them money is useless, but I think his 35% base already blamed McConnell and to a lesser extent Ryan for the failure to repeal and replace. Trump promised his base that repeal and replace would begin on "day one," and you can't replace a law regulating HC in one day. Congress has things like committees, ranking members and hearings.

It's obvious Trump is making HC more expensive for millions to "punish" the gop because in the same week he and Bannon announce they'll primary republicans, and immediately after the EO's he tell the dems to "call me" to fix it. I'm sort of amazed at both the Turtle and Ryan's willingness to expect any good faith from this guy, but I was really surprised when Schumer and Pelosi thought they could do a deal on Daca.

I suspect Trump is just blowing more hot air on cutting a deal, and as Daca showed even if thought about a deal, he will have to renege as soon as his base gets wind of it.

the new upcoming Democratic platform;

"My Republican opponent killed your healthcare. You can no longer take care of yourself OR your wife and children"

"Elect me, and I'll give you back your health insurance"

they're getting ready to spread RW ashes all over the country as we speak here.

Wait & see that is my plan. personal thoughts on the matter, its not looking good. next up think Social Security will get a cost increase, with a reduction of things covered.
We need to raise the Medicare and Social Security eligibility age to 70 immediately, and index it to 9 percent of the population going forward.

We are living decades longer than our ancestors who implemented Social Security. We should be working longer. Common fucking sense.
Yes we are, but we also still have workers "wearing out" from some jobs. I know what I'd get if I retired at 62, 67 or 70, but I suspect my work history is not typical of most.

What does that have to do with the Op.

I'm responding to your inane"supply and demand" assertion as it would apply to HC insurance........If you can't figure that out, go back and ask a grown up.

Yes we are, but we also still have workers "wearing out" from some jobs.
How does that differ from 1935, when life expectancy was 60?

The Social Security disparity for blue collar workers was much worse then than now. It's a bogus argument.

The Social Security disparity for blue collar workers was much worse then than now. It's a bogus argument.
In 1935 we didn't have 65 year old plumbers who can no longer bend getting medicare.

Yea like they would forget who put them with out jobs in the first place..

Democrats solution , take away your jobs , your employee health care and say here is welfare and obozo care..

In 1935 we didn't have 65 year old plumbers who can no longer bend getting medicare.

You think the plumbers of today are in worse shape than a 1935 plumber? Really?

Blue collar workers were more disadvantaged in 1935 than they are now. A much larger percentage never lived to collect.

It's a bogus argument.

Democrats solution , take away your jobs , your employee health care and say here is welfare and obozo care..

take a break and go kiss a few RW asses adios.

Trump hoaxed the coal miners right up their asses. Bigly.

Damn you, Obama! Damn you!

u_s_coal_mining_jobs.png

Oh, wait...

US_Coal_Mining_Employment_1900_2016_MSHA_series_e1487808914791.png

Don't be retarded...all manufacturing jobs are like that..

US_coal_production (1).png

Facts are facts pal.

Facts are facts pal.

take away jobs ?

the dems ?

you better check their record from the time 43 left to the time Obama left ... then go check your drawers and make sure you didnt shit yourself because youre the only one who believes that.

latest_numbers_LNS14000000_2007_2017_all_period_M09_data.gif

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Last edited:

You think the plumbers of today are in worse shape than a 1935 plumber? Really?

Blue collar workers were more disadvantaged in 1935 than they are now. A much larger percentage never lived to collect.

It's a bogus argument.
No I think today's retirees are not comparable to 1935. And today's law is an evolved stepchild from the original act. the fact is we have and will continue having people who are not 70 and who physically cannot work. There's a reason the laid off home builders didn't go back to work. That's were the pressure on Disability (not soc sec funded) and early retirees are coming from. I'm fine with raising the retirement age, and actually agree.

The question is how society deals with it. Lots of jobs age out. The military and autoworkers for example. I knew guys who were janitors and pool cleaners coming from both. But generally they retained HC benefits, so taking a job to stretch to full retirement age was an OK thing. But unions are passé.

I think the Kochs envision a society where aging parents move in with grown kids, and transfer home equity for care. Bernie wants purple unicorns for everyone.

Facts are facts pal.

take away jobs ?

the dems ?

you better check their record from the time 43 left to the time Obama left ... then go check your drawers and make sure you didnt shit yourself because youre the only one who believes that.

Once again child who had the war on coal? And remind us again where most of the jobs went ? (Not to the blue states)

Facts are facts pal.

take away jobs ?

the dems ?

Once again child who had the war on coal? And remind us again where most of the jobs went ? (Not to the blue states)
See post 124.

Your war on coal is a hoax.

Facts are facts pal.

take away jobs ?

the dems ?

See post 124.

Your war on coal is a hoax.

RW derps would rather lie about Obama than they had tell the truth about Trump.

Forum List

Back