Trump

Conservatives suddenly want a return of the Fairness Doctrine but applied only to big tech companies.
Have you ever heard of a Monopoly? Remember when Ma Bell had one?
there is nothing fair when you and a small few own 100% of the communication venues and control what people listen to. Stalin WOULD BE PROUD OF HOW YOU LEFTISTS CONTROL WHAT PEOPLE LISTEN TO.
Google is a monopoly? Here's 17 other search engines you can use instead:

Google shut down Parler so yes they have a monopoly

No, Amazon shut down Parler by refusing to host them.

I don't think a monopoly means what you think it means.

Google shut down Parler so yes they have a monopoly
They didn't shut down parler, they removed it from their store. No different than Neiman Marcus removing the newtonian balls from their catalog.
if they didn't shut them down why is the page closed?
Google and Apple control who gets access to the internet
No, they don't. You can visit the internet right now if you'd like....and use neither Apple nor Google.

You simply don't know what you're talking about.

They didn't shut down parler, they removed it from their store. No different than Neiman Marcus removing the newtonian balls from their catalog.
if they didn't shut them down why is the page closed?
Google and Apple control who gets access to the internet
Bullshit.

Plus parler is available from apple

‎Parler on the App Store - App Store - Apple

App Store › app › parler

And the android version available from parler.

Download Parler on your Android Device

https://parler.com › android

You can visit the internet right now if you'd like....and use neither Apple nor Google.

Apparently they don't know the difference between a highway and a parkway. Thinking if trucks aren't allowed on parkways, that they're completely banned.

You can visit the internet right now if you'd like....and use neither Apple nor Google.

Apparently they don't know the difference between a highway and a parkway. Thinking if trucks aren't allowed on parkways, that they're completely banned.

The entire premise of the 'monopoly' from google and facebook is meaningless gibberish. There are literally a dozen other search engines you can use. And dozens of social media platforms.

Doc7505
You're right. I've had issues with him lately. Since his defeat all me facial muscles have been tense and sore.
IVE HAD THREE OPERATIONS TO STOP ME FROM LAUGHING .

The big idiot is suing facebook and Twitter etc. Says it a restriction of his free speech or some other crap.
He must have forgotten they are privately owned. I wish him good luck.
Are you cool with a state or city restricting your free speech? I mean that’s not protected by the First Amendment either.

two_iron
I'm the one who comes here and takes the Mickey out of you hypocrite republicans. The same one who calls you out for all the lies and bullshit you spread. Probably the only one with the guts to stand up to you lying ignoramus.
The same one who stands for women's right to an abortion instead of having some fucking godbotherer threaten her.
The same one who says trump was beaten democratically and continues to remind what a pack of lying jerks you are.
The same one who repels your lies of the peaceful protest at the capitol when you couldn't accept that idiot was beaten.
Finally, the same one who will pull you bastards to pieces each and every time you start your propaganda.

Did that make it clear? Don't talk about Biden have dementia.

The big idiot is suing facebook and Twitter etc. Says it a restriction of his free speech or some other crap.
He must have forgotten they are privately owned. I wish him good luck.
Are you cool with a state or city restricting your free speech? I mean that’s not protected by the First Amendment either.
You may want to take a look at the 14th amendment on that one.

The incorporation doctrine is a constitutional doctrine through which the first ten amendments of the United States Constitution (known as the Bill of Rights) are made applicable to the states through the Due Process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.

The incorporation doctrine is a constitutional doctrine through which the first ten amendments of the United States Constitution (known as the Bill of Rights) are made applicable to the states through the Due Process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.
Yup. But in my experience conservatives are often poorly informed on how the constitution works and what the amendments actually say. Its one of the unfortunate consequences of the anti-intellectualism that riddles their movement like fat through a juicy roast.

As demonstrated elegantly by their support of Trump's '1st amendment lawsuit' against Facebook and google.

Yup. But in my experience conservatives are often poorly informed on how the constitution works and what the amendments actually say.
They also don't read the case law either. So they have no idea how congress can have powers not specifically enumerated.

Skylar@Skylar

I did and it refers strictly to a "state".
Facebook and Twitter do not belong to the state. They are private and he can do nothing about it and neither can you.
But if you get a warm inner glow thinking he will be reinstated or something, knock yourself out.

Don't be sucked in by the idiot. He's revving you up seeking a second term on revenge. His first term based on a power grab was a complete failure. Who wants to go there again except idiots.

You might like to read the 14th amendment. Get some facts.

Yup. But in my experience conservatives are often poorly informed on how the constitution works and what the amendments actually say.
They also don't read the case law either. So they have no idea how congress can have powers not specifically enumerated.

Or Bingham and Howard reading the first 8 amendments on the floor of congress as what the 14th amendment was intended to apply to the States.

Section 230 is a section of the United States Communications Decency Act that generally provides immunity for website platforms from third-party content. ... Section 230 protections are not limitless, requiring providers to still remove material illegal on a federal level such as copyright infringement.
Acts amended: Communications Act of 1934; T...
Long title: Protection For 'Good Samaritan' Blo...
U.S.C. sections created: 47 U.S.C. § 230
Enacted by: the 104th United States Congress

Section 230 - Wikipedia​

Section 230 is a section of the United States Communications Decency Act that generally provides immunity for website platforms from third-party content. ... Section 230 protections are not limitless, requiring providers to still remove material illegal on a federal level such as copyright infringement.
Acts amended: Communications Act of 1934; T...
Long title: Protection For 'Good Samaritan' Blo...
U.S.C. sections created: 47 U.S.C. § 230
Enacted by: the 104th United States Congress

Section 230 - Wikipedia

Then there's contract law.....where the Terms of Service that Trump agreed to grant the respective tech companies broad latitude in determining what content to allow on their own platforms.

Then there's constitutional law, where the first word of the 1st amendment obliterates Trump's entire argument about 1st amendment violations.

Trump's lawsuit is a frivilous layer cake made of congealed pucks of pseudo-legal horseshit.

Skylar@Skylar

I did and it refers strictly to a "state".
Facebook and Twitter do not belong to the state. They are private and he can do nothing about it and neither can you.
But if you get a warm inner glow thinking he will be reinstated or something, knock yourself out.

Don't be sucked in by the idiot. He's revving you up seeking a second term on revenge. His first term based on a power grab was a complete failure. Who wants to go there again except idiots.

You might like to read the 14th amendment. Get some facts.
Are you responding to me with that 'you might want to read the 14th amendment' line?

And a 'warm inner glow thinking he will be reinstated'?

What are you talking about? I think you've confused me for someone else.

Forum List

Back