Trump we will guard our border with our military

Think what you want, I posted the related portion of the law that permits it - and it's not a new thing, been around, and been used by other presidents.

You can use the NG, but not the military for law enforcement.

Can the USA military be used as a police force domestically?

The use of the active duty military in a law enforcement role is not unconstitutional but it is prohibited by the posse comitatus act. 18 U.S.C. § 1385 (adopted 1878).

The text of the relevant legislation is as follows:

18 U.S.C. § 1385. Use of Army and Air Force as posse comitatus Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

Also notable is the following provision within Title 10 of the United States Code (which concerns generally the organization and regulation of the armed forces and Department of Defense):

10 U.S.C. § 375. Restriction on direct participation by military personnel The Secretary of Defense shall prescribe such regulations as may be necessary to ensure that any activity (including the provision of any equipment or facility or the assignment or detail of any personnel) under this chapter does not include or permit direct participation by a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps in a search, seizure, arrest, or other similar activity unless participation in such activity by such member is otherwise authorized by law.

The act does not apply to the National Guard mobilized at the request of a state governor. In practice, 10 U.S.C. § 375 has more bite because a federal prosecutor can and usually would refrain from prosecuting a crime ordered by his ultimate boss, the President, and there is not legal duty to prosecute every possible crime, but 10 U.S.C. § 375 creates an affirmative duty on the party of the Secretary of Defense that might be enforceable in a civil action.

The police don't defend our borders, dumb ass. The military does that. You know, the organization you pretend that you were in?

Unreal. I was in the military, and defending our borders is the job of the police, not the military!

derp, derp, derp ...

I see no reason why people in the military cannot act
as border guards.

Because it's not part of their job, and for them to perform law enforcement activities on US soil is against the law.

But, then again, you conservatives believed that Obama was gonna use the military to round up dissenters. That was just a rumor put out by conservative talking heads. Trump is actually gonna try to do it for real.
their job is any job the commander in chief says it is.

Wrong. You obviously have never been in the military. If a superior officer gives you an order that you KNOW to be unlawful and against the Constitution or the UCMJ, you have a duty to not follow any orders that are unlawful.

Patrolling the border as law enforcement would be unlawful use of the military.

^^^^^ bullshit

I see no reason why people in the military cannot act
as border guards.

Because it's not part of their job, and for them to perform law enforcement activities on US soil is against the law.

But, then again, you conservatives believed that Obama was gonna use the military to round up dissenters. That was just a rumor put out by conservative talking heads. Trump is actually gonna try to do it for real.
their job is any job the commander in chief says it is.

Wrong. You obviously have never been in the military. If a superior officer gives you an order that you KNOW to be unlawful and against the Constitution or the UCMJ, you have a duty to not follow any orders that are unlawful.

Patrolling the border as law enforcement would be unlawful use of the military.
Hahahaha

Patrolling the border as enforcement of /federal law/ by order of the President is legal, so they'd prob. get CM for disobeying lawful orders.

Wrong. The military cannot be used as law enforcement. If they were put on the border, the only thing they would be able to do is point, say "there they are", and that is about it. If attacked, they can defend themselves, but they have to be attacked first. Both Jr. and Obama tried it and it didn't work. Only thing that happened was it wasted a lot of money.
They can’t be used against citizens not illegal aliens they aren’t citizens

[URL='http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/03/trump
President Donald Trump said Tuesday that the US military will be used to guard the US-Mexico border.

“We are going to be guarding our border with our military. That’s a big step,” Trump told reporters gathered at the White House. “We cannot have people flowing into our country illegally, disappearing, and by the way never showing

Thank God he won't let the UN PLAN go through!! YES!

I hate to tell you this but..... What do you expect the soldiers should do when they get to the border?
The same thing as the ICE will be doing for years.
Perry tried that when he was governor.

You cannot blame the democrats either because even if you remove the democrats to this equation these people will still come in.

Look at the influx of refugees entering Europe.

They do what any good soldier does.

What they're told

Not your call what they do, or don't do

-Geaux

We have national guards at the border right now. They are not allowed to have arms. Bush and Obama did and that proves worthless.

Well more along the lines of Trump is putting military on the boarder because the states are refusing to follow federal law so he's going around them.

This is nothing new. We did these before and nothing happened. Even Perry did that when he was a governor in Texas.

These caravan of people will not enter the borders the old (wrong) way by the desert. They just going to walk by the port of entry gates. Port of entry are inside US territories. That is where they are being pick up.
The soldiers are just going to help them process faster.

NOTHING MORE.

Well more along the lines of Trump is putting military on the boarder because the states are refusing to follow federal law so he's going around them.

This is nothing new. We did these before and nothing happened. Even Perry did that when he was a governor in Texas.

These caravan of people will not enter the borders the old (wrong) way by the desert. They just going to walk by the port of entry gates. Port of entry are inside US territories. That is where they are being pick up.

NOTHING MORE.

Is there room at your house for some of these beaners?

-Geaux

Think what you want, I posted the related portion of the law that permits it - and it's not a new thing, been around, and been used by other presidents.

These soldiers are not even allowed to arrest. But they can arrest if they want to help the process.

When they get arrested where do you think they will process these people?
Guess...... Inside the US Immigration processing centers. WALA they are in...... this is just laughable. That’s the reality.

If this is effective don’t you think we could have done that permanently?

The use of the active duty military in a law enforcement role is not unconstitutional but it is prohibited by the posse comitatus act. 18 U.S.C. § 1385 (adopted 1878).

18 U.S.C. § 1385. Use of Army and Air Force as posse comitatus Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

Also notable is the following provision within Title 10 of the United States Code (which concerns generally the organization and regulation of the armed forces and Department of Defense):

10 U.S.C. § 375. Restriction on direct participation by military personnel The Secretary of Defense shall prescribe such regulations as may be necessary to ensure that any activity (including the provision of any equipment or facility or the assignment or detail of any personnel) under this chapter does not include or permit direct participation by a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps in a search, seizure, arrest, or other similar activity unless participation in such activity by such member is otherwise authorized by law.

The act does not apply to the National Guard mobilized at the request of a state governor. In practice, 10 U.S.C. § 375 has more bite because a federal prosecutor can and usually would refrain from prosecuting a crime ordered by his ultimate boss, the President, and there is not legal duty to prosecute every possible crime, but 10 U.S.C. § 375 creates an affirmative duty on the party of the Secretary of Defense that might be enforceable in a civil action.

The police don't defend our borders, dumb ass. The military does that. You know, the organization you pretend that you were in?

Unreal. I was in the military, and defending our borders is the job of the police, not the military!

derp, derp, derp ...
Oh really? The border patrol and ICE are the military now?

derp, derp, derp ...
Oh really? The border patrol and ICE are the military now?

ICE defends the borders? I thought they pursue illegals once they have already criminally entered the country. I'm going to need a link that ICE defends our borders

:link::link::link::link::link:

As for border patrol. You're going to need to show where because the military is responsible for the borders, that means no one else can be involved in assisting them securing our borders. I'm not familiar with that passage in the Constitution. Again,

:link::link::link::link::link:

NOTHING MORE.

Is there room at your house for some of these beaners?

-Geaux

I understand this is not what Trump supporters wants to hear but it’s the reality.

No I do not have rooms for these people.

But I like to offer Dalia to stay in my house at Palm Springs if she comes to US for a visit.

Can't wait to see images of all the beaners being 'rounded up'

It'll make for good TV

-Geaux

That is exactly what they want Geaux.
Rounded them up is the best theses people can ask.

Where/what do you think they will do after they rounded them up Geaux?

Oh, I see. You need someone to tend your rock garden and clean your pool. Modern day slaves

-Geaux

Forum List

Back