Trump Used Sham Invoices To Pay Off Mistresses

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Trump’s company approved $420,000 in payments to Cohen, relying on ‘sham’ invoices, prosecutors say

President Trump’s real estate company authorized paying $420,000 to lawyer Michael Cohen in his effort to silence women during the presidential campaign and then relied on “sham” invoices from Cohen that concealed the nature of the payments, according to legal filings released Tuesday.

The payments began flowing in February 2017, soon after Trump took office, when Cohen approached Trump Organization executives seeking to be reimbursed for “election-related” expenses, prosecutors said.

"B-b-b-b-b-but Hillary!"

"B-b-b-b-b-but sham invoices are legal! I'm a certified election expert!"

"Look! A rabid Mexican squirrel!"

Trump’s company approved $420,000 in payments to Cohen, relying on ‘sham’ invoices, prosecutors say

Cohen submitted monthly invoices and received all the monthly checks, according to the filings, for a total of $420,000.

“In truth and fact, there was no such retainer agreement, and the monthly invoices COHEN submitted were not in connection with any legal services he had provided in 2017,” prosecutors wrote.

Trump’s trust paid Cohen early in 2017, but according to Trump’s attorney, he personally paid Cohen the rest of the monthly invoices. The payments, as well as Cohen’s admission to prosecutors that he made illegal campaign contributions “in cooperation” with Trump’s campaign, present potential legal questions for Trump’s company and his campaign, experts said.

President Trump’s real estate company authorized paying $420,000 to lawyer Michael Cohen in his effort to silence women during the presidential campaign and then relied on “sham” invoices from Cohen that concealed the nature of the payments, according to legal filings released Tuesday.

The payments began flowing in February 2017, soon after Trump took office, when Cohen approached Trump Organization executives seeking to be reimbursed for “election-related” expenses, prosecutors said.

"B-b-b-b-b-but Hillary!"

Is that illegal child?

So he took money from one of his companies to try to hide that he was paying off women to be quiet. Ok, but all this happened before he became president.

Yes, yes, I know you don't want to hear about the fact that Bill Clinton did worse things and was able to remain in office.

So he took money from one of his companies to try to hide that he was paying off women to be quiet. Ok, but all this happened before he became president.
What part of "The payments began flowing in February 2017, soon after Trump took office" did you not see, willfully blind monkey?

Who cares?.......America is great again....and getting even better....

"B-b-b-b-b-but Hillary!"

Some are saying the fact that Trump paid Cohen back meant it wasn't campaign funds used to pay the women, and so nothing illegal happened. Is this getting him off the hook?

Who cares if he shot someone on Fifth Avenue!

"B-b-b-b-b-but Hillary!"

Some are saying the fact that Trump paid Cohen back meant it wasn't campaign funds used to pay the women, and so nothing illegal happened. Is this getting him off the hook?
Trump directed Cohen to make an illegal campaign contribution. And then Trump used sham invoices to pay Cohen back.

So...hell no. This does not get Trump off the hook. The hook just got bigger and pointier.

Yes, yes, I know you don't want to hear about the fact that Bill Clinton did worse things and was able to remain in office.

More reason to make an example out of the Orange Virus, don't you think?

Gee, a skyrocketing Dow and plunging unemployment did not stop you tards from screaming for Obama's impeachment for eight years.

You are covered in the stench of hypocrisy, and karma is bitch slapping you around every day.

Gee, a skyrocketing Dow and plunging unemployment did not stop you tards from screaming for Obama's impeachment for eight years.

You are covered in the stench of hypocrisy, and karma is bitch slapping you around every day.

You are completely soaked in Obama jizz kid, still wanna pretend you are the only "real" conservative" here? If the money wasn't out of campaign funds it doesn't matter.

I don't remember anyone calling for Obama to be impeached....he should be retroactively impeached for running a coup however....

"B-b-b-b-b-but Hillary!"

Is that illegal child?

It demonstrates an attempt to hide the transaction. Which will destroy 'but we did this accidentally and didn't mean to violate the law' claims.

Like?

I don't remember anyone calling for Obama to be impeached....
O'rly?

Reid is a crook and a liar and one of the biggest weapons in the GOP's quiver...The media may not be capable of waking up and seeing the truth but the American people are waking up. There were Impeach Obama rally's all across America this past weekend. I never saw rally's like that when Clinton was impeached. Reid is going to lose the Senate and it will be mostly his fault. No one likes him, not even his own contributors. Oh yeah... there are new all time low Obummer presidential approval numbers set to come out this week. Jeeee I wonder why. Can you say below W?

I don't remember anyone calling for Obama to be impeached....he should be retroactively impeached for running a coup however....

Wow. The more evidence of Trump's ridiculous degree of corruption, the deeper your ilk go into the conspiracy woods.

Please, tell us more about how Obama is 'running a coup'. I just want to see how deep this rabbithole of batshit goes.

"B-b-b-b-b-but Hillary!"

Is that illegal child?

It demonstrates an attempt to hide the transaction. Which will destroy 'but we did this accidentally and didn't mean to violate the law' claims.

The point is that if it wasn't campaign funds it doesn't matter. It is what it is, you got all excited yesterday for nothing.

Makes no sense, Trump is President, why is he paying for silence? Cohen is making it up

Forum List

Back