Trump travel ban could prevent United States hosting World Cup

Donald Trump’s travel ban could prevent the US from hosting the World Cup in 2026, Fifa has warned.

Gianni Infantino, the president of world football’s governing body, said on Thursday that Trump’s revised executive order, which temporarily bars entry to the US for citizens from six majority-Muslim countries, could invalidate any bid from the US. The president’s policy, Infaninto suggested, is incompatible with tournament regulations.

Infantino told reporters in London: “Teams who qualify for a World Cup need to have access to the country, otherwise there is no World Cup. That is obvious.”

Bidding for the 2026 World Cup has not yet begun, but the US has emerged as a strong contender to host the tournament, either on its own or in concert with Canada and Mexico. Infantino stopped short of explicitly criticizing Trump’s order – which bars entry for 90 days from 16 March for those from Iran, Somalia, Sudan, Yemen, Syria and Libya – but reminded potential hosts of their obligations and insisted that the World Cup must be open to everyone.

read more...Trump travel ban could prevent United States hosting World Cup

Glad the world is turning its back on America. America is now fascist!
I don't understand the meaning of this "alarm".
I mean FIFA is talking about 2026 Soccer World Cup. It's 2017 now so why does the FIFA think "Muslim ban" executive order will be in effect in 2026?
Maybe that executive order will be repealed at that time, who knows! :)

Donald Trump’s travel ban could prevent the US from hosting the World Cup in 2026, Fifa has warned.

Gianni Infantino, the president of world football’s governing body, said on Thursday that Trump’s revised executive order, which temporarily bars entry to the US for citizens from six majority-Muslim countries, could invalidate any bid from the US. The president’s policy, Infaninto suggested, is incompatible with tournament regulations.

Infantino told reporters in London: “Teams who qualify for a World Cup need to have access to the country, otherwise there is no World Cup. That is obvious.”

Bidding for the 2026 World Cup has not yet begun, but the US has emerged as a strong contender to host the tournament, either on its own or in concert with Canada and Mexico. Infantino stopped short of explicitly criticizing Trump’s order – which bars entry for 90 days from 16 March for those from Iran, Somalia, Sudan, Yemen, Syria and Libya – but reminded potential hosts of their obligations and insisted that the World Cup must be open to everyone.

As I predicted, the globalists here and around the world would start boycotts of America because of the Trump victory. They must do everything they can to punish the American electorate for rejecting them.

No, it's not a boycott. It's a decision taken because federations don't want their athletes or fans from Muslim countries turned away at the airport.

Many of the athletes from around the world are Muslim. Many have travelled to Muslim countries for games. This is the biggest sporting event with the largest audience worldwide. They will host it in a country where all visitors are welcome.

Airline bookings to the US have dropped 30% since Trumps first EO created chaos at airports. Stories of people trying to cross the Canada/US border being turned away for no reason, discourage people from vacationing in the US.

I live less than 30 miles from Buffalo, NY. Shopping at the outlet malls in Buffalo used to be a thing here before the Canadian dollar dropped with the price of crude oil. Several friends and neighbours report long delays and problems crossing the border, and being turned away for no reason.

Everyone I know who were planning trips to Vegas, and other points south of the border, don't want the hassles of going and then getting sent home. And yes it's happening to white Christians with no accents, or odd names too. The US is getting TONS of bad publicity for this.

Look for a UUUGGGGEEE drop in tourism this year.

Europeans can always go to safe cities. You know, like Berlin, Paris or Malmo.
They are all a lot safer than the US.

You have never been here to the states, so don't make comments on something you have never experienced in person and before you use stats to support your slanted view just remember the size of America and how many people live here versus countries like England, German and France.
I have been to the us a few times. You people sit in ignorance and think the world is a big bad place. It is nowhere near as dangerous as the US,
American toddlers kill more than the whole of Europe.

American toddlers kill more than the whole of Europe!?!

Also let me correct your ignorant statement because not all Americans view the world as a big bad place and only simple minded fools like you believe they do.

I use to drive into Mexico weekly and never worry about anything.

I was in the Philippines, Lebanon, Syria ( before the civil war ), Turkey, El Salvador, and Columbia and not once did I fear for my life and was not part of any tour group either and went alone.

So I find it sickening ignorant individuals like you make such asinine statements and those like you across the pond go to D.C., New York or Chicago and believe that is all America...

It would be like me going to London and believing all of England is like London...
You can gauge the ignorance from the amount of "Europe is falling apart " threads on this board. No it isnt. Europe is a lot safer than the US but you people cant get your heads around that.

So you judge an entire society by the threads on this board!?!

How pathetic are you!?!

So should I judge England and Wales on the nonsense you write daily on here!?!

Also I find it funny you wrote " you people " which includes me, so now I want you to provide the threads and posts where I ever declared Europe to be dangerous!?!

Now my bet is you will now spin and point to some troll while claiming they speak for those like me!

You are another ignorant leftist that tell everyone what you think of them while not knowing a damn thing about someone!

You're the typical leftist that tell everyone how they should live while not setting the example you want to see in society!

You whine about the mistreatment of Syrian refugees while not having one family living with you, and yet you see nothing wrong with your nonsense!

So hurry up and show where I ever stated Europe is dangerous and no you can not lump me in with other trolls with their nonsense and have to provide threads or posts where I stated Europe was dangerous!

Also you have never been to America because if you have ever been here you would not be as ignorant as you are on many things when it come to this country!

You're the typical wanna-be that is nothing but a pathetic joke in life!

Oh, and I was born in Canada and Canada has more to offer than stuffy ol' Wales or England!

They are all a lot safer than the US.

You have never been here to the states, so don't make comments on something you have never experienced in person and before you use stats to support your slanted view just remember the size of America and how many people live here versus countries like England, German and France.
I have been to the us a few times. You people sit in ignorance and think the world is a big bad place. It is nowhere near as dangerous as the US,

Also let me correct your ignorant statement because not all Americans view the world as a big bad place and only simple minded fools like you believe they do.

I was in the Philippines, Lebanon, Syria ( before the civil war ), Turkey, El Salvador, and Columbia and not once did I fear for my life and was not part of any tour group either and went alone.

So I find it sickening ignorant individuals like you make such asinine statements and those like you across the pond go to D.C., New York or Chicago and believe that is all America...

It would be like me going to London and believing all of England is like London...
You can gauge the ignorance from the amount of "Europe is falling apart " threads on this board. No it isnt. Europe is a lot safer than the US but you people cant get your heads around that.

How pathetic are you!?!

Also I find it funny you wrote " you people " which includes me, so now I want you to provide the threads and posts where I ever declared Europe to be dangerous!?!

Now my bet is you will now spin and point to some troll while claiming they speak for those like me!

You are another ignorant leftist that tell everyone what you think of them while not knowing a damn thing about someone!

You're the typical leftist that tell everyone how they should live while not setting the example you want to see in society!

You whine about the mistreatment of Syrian refugees while not having one family living with you, and yet you see nothing wrong with your nonsense!

So hurry up and show where I ever stated Europe is dangerous and no you can not lump me in with other trolls with their nonsense and have to provide threads or posts where I stated Europe was dangerous!

Also you have never been to America because if you have ever been here you would not be as ignorant as you are on many things when it come to this country!

Oh, and I was born in Canada and Canada has more to offer than stuffy ol' Wales or England!

Steady on old fella !!

Stop trying to deflect from the essential truth that Europe is a lot safer than the US.

As I predicted, the globalists here and around the world would start boycotts of America because of the Trump victory. They must do everything they can to punish the American electorate for rejecting them.
The Israelis have BDS, we have Trumpadoodle. We'll survive.

Oh, so keeping out terrorists is fascist now? Who knew? Tell you what, let the next batch of refugees with no vetting move in with you,k?
dont-care.gif

I knew it, the liberals would find a good reason for me to support this ban...my guess is that this is a bogus threat and this event will be held because soccer is so desperate for our/U.S. approval, the left will then play it off as "a better way to show the world" some BS reasoning

How pathetic are you!?!

Steady on old fella !!

Stop trying to deflect from the essential truth that Europe is a lot safer than the US.

I am not deflecting a damn thing and it is you that made the accusation that I believe Europe is dangerous and you base your opinion off the writings of some trolls and offer no evidence where I ever wrote Europe was dangerous!

So no show the evidence or just admit you are nothing but a coward and full of nonsense!

Also America is in the top five world populations and have states that are larger in population than England, so will there be crime!?!

Yes, and only a moron would think not!

Your ignorance of America is not amazing to me but what is sickening is your lying about how everyone across the pond believe what you wrote!

So stop changing the subject and get to work you worthless wanker!

Forum List

Back