Trump trashed the Constitution yet again

RealDave

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2016
Trump recently declared a National Emergency to bypass Congress & sell military equipment to Saudi Arabia & The UAE.

The US Constitution says the only Congress can spend money & that Congress passes laws that the President must follow. Under current law arms sales must be approved by Congress. When an emergency arises & there is no time, the President can act. Using the Emergency contingency when there is no emergency, is trashing the Constitution.

Trump has used the National Emergency law to fund his stupid border wall. I am sorry but lobbying Congress for funding & getting it turn down does not a emergency make.

Then he sells this equipment without Congress approval. Where is the emergency? Certainly not the fake one when he tried to provoke Iran by sending a battle group & bombers to the Middle East. Fuzzy pictures of a ship with maybe a rocket launcher reminds me of Colin Powell arguing for war with Iraq. Saudi uses the stuff we sell to bomb Yemen with little regard to innocent women & children.

As Trump continues to violate the Constitution, at what point will his followers choose Country first?

Trump declares emergency to expedite arms sales to Saudi Arabia and UAE - CNNPolitics

Trump recently declared a National Emergency to bypass Congress & sell military equipment to Saudi Arabia & The UAE.

The US Constitution says the only Congress can spend money & that Congress passes laws that the President must follow. Under current law arms sales must be approved by Congress. When an emergency arises & there is no time, the President can act. Using the Emergency contingency when there is no emergency, is trashing the Constitution.

Trump has used the National Emergency law to fund his stupid border wall. I am sorry but lobbying Congress for funding & getting it turn down does not a emergency make.

Then he sells this equipment without Congress approval. Where is the emergency? Certainly not the fake one when he tried to provoke Iran by sending a battle group & bombers to the Middle East. Fuzzy pictures of a ship with maybe a rocket launcher reminds me of Colin Powell arguing for war with Iraq. Saudi uses the stuff we sell to bomb Yemen with little regard to innocent women & children.

As Trump continues to violate the Constitution, at what point will his followers choose Country first?

Trump declares emergency to expedite arms sales to Saudi Arabia and UAE - CNNPolitics
^^^

Fake news.

Nice article.

CNN talking out both sides of their microphone again.

"CNN reported earlier Friday that the Trump administration was planning to announce its decision to use a pre-existing rule that would allow it to expedite arms sales to allies in the Middle East. The move drew bipartisan condemnation, with lawmakers decrying the precedent it sets, "

Duh, CNN, the precedent was already set.

Nice article.

"CNN reported earlier Friday that the Trump administration was planning to announce its decision to use a pre-existing rule that would allow it to expedite arms sales to allies in the Middle East. The move drew bipartisan condemnation, with lawmakers decrying the precedent it sets, "

The problem is that there is no emergency. Are you stupid on purpose?

Trump: :"I want billions for my wall"
Congress : "No:
Trump: " Emergency!!! Emergency"

Trump: "I wantr to sell my buddies in Saudi military weaponry"
Trump: "Congress won't approve this....."
Trump: "Emergency Emergency"

Are you?

Trump approves massive arms deals to Saudi Arabia and UAE amid Iran tensions

"
  • The Trump administration on Friday invoked a rarely used provision in federal law to bypass congressional review of arms sales to Saudi Arabia, citing threats the kingdom faces from Iran.
  • Secretary of State Mike Pompeo notified Congress of the decision to use an emergency loophole in the Arms Export Control Act to move ahead with sales of $7 billion in precision guided munitions, other bombs and ammunition and aircraft maintenance support to Saudi Arabia, along with the United Arab Emirates and Jordan, without lawmakers’ approval.
  • Pompeo’s move follows Trump’s announcement that the U.S. plans to send 1,500 troops to the Middle East."

There is an emergency at the border. Even left leaning 60 Minutes devoted a segment to it. FakeDave strikes again with Fake News.

Are you?

"
  • The Trump administration on Friday invoked a rarely used provision in federal law to bypass congressional review of arms sales to Saudi Arabia, citing threats the kingdom faces from Iran.
  • Secretary of State Mike Pompeo notified Congress of the decision to use an emergency loophole in the Arms Export Control Act to move ahead with sales of $7 billion in precision guided munitions, other bombs and ammunition and aircraft maintenance support to Saudi Arabia, along with the United Arab Emirates and Jordan, without lawmakers’ approval.
  • Pompeo’s move follows Trump’s announcement that the U.S. plans to send 1,500 troops to the Middle East."
Where is the emergency? The Iranian have been active for years.

Do you think Saudi Arabia & the UAE will use these arms top defend themselves against Iran or use them in Yemen.

There is an emergency at the border. Even left leaning 60 Minutes devoted a segment to it. FakeDave strikes again with Fake News.
An emergency? Trump has been trying to get money for at least two years for his "wall" He has vetoed funding for border security.. If it were a true emergency then Trump is inept for not acting sooner.

Are you?

"

Do you think Saudi Arabia & the UAE will use these arms top defend themselves against Iran or use them in Yemen.

apparently, Pompeo believes they have been escalating.

You know more about the situation over there than he does?

whatever he does is fine with me

Nice article.

20 million illegals in this country, prove otherwise, Ostrich.

whatever he does is fine with me,

So, you are OK with Trump's lying, groping women, cheating business partners, money laundering, siding with our enemies

So, you are OK with Trump's lying, groping women, cheating business partners, money laundering, siding with our enemies

You've never groped a woman? Damn. How old are you?

Nice article.

How long have they been here? There is no way you can argue that this is such an emergency because Trump & Congress had time to deal with it.

Not getting Congress approval for his stupid fucking wall does not make it an emergency.

You hate America & you hate the Constitution? I have never seen so many pretend patriots back a President that craps on the Constitution like Trump. its Memorial Day weekend where we remember those who died fighting for this country & our Constitution & you assfucks are pissing on it.

I always had permission. You support groping women, how revealing is that about you.

Correct.

Trump and Republicans are perfectly content with their minority rule and have nothing but contempt for the will of the majority of the American people.

Are you?

"

:rolleyes:

Are you really that stupid, or are you just pretending to be that stupid?

Either way you're a pathetic idiot, jackass.

Nice article.

How long have they been here? There is no way you can argue that this is such an emergency because Trump & Congress had time to deal with it.

Not getting Congress approval for his stupid fucking wall does not make it an emergency.

You hate America & you hate the Constitution? I have never seen so many pretend patriots back a President that craps on the Constitution like Trump. its Memorial Day weekend where we remember those who died fighting for this country & our Constitution & you assfucks are pissing on it.

There is no way you can argue that this is such an emergency because Trump & Congress had time to deal with it.

Nah, we should just wait til the fighting breaks out before selling them arms.

How long will you spend at the local cemetery this weekend, visiting those that died defending our country?

I always had permission. You support groping women, how revealing is that about you.
some women want to be groped

Forum List

Back