Trump to make groping legal on college campuses

Betsy DeVos is set to weaken sexual misconduct enforcement on campus.

The New York Times reported on Wednesday afternoon that the Education Department secretary is revising Title IX standards for addressing cases of sexual harassment and assault on college campuses. DeVos has yet to finalize the revisions, but a draft obtained by Times will “bolster the rights” of accused students, “narrow the definition of sexual harassment,” and hold “schools accountable only for formal complaints filed through proper authorities and for conduct said to have occurred on their campuses.”

If ushered in, the new/revised rules will be titled, 'Make Grabbing Pussy Great Again'

So, do any of the women here agree that campus sexual assault guidelines should be relaxed?
Yes, if they were unfair. Since I am not working on campus in an office dealing with sexual assault, I really can't say. It sounds from what I read last year that some of the young men were being expelled from college without due process? That is not right, if that is what happened.

I advocate women being supported in the case of rape, regardless of where it happens. I don't advocate ruining a young man's education with accusations that are not properly looked into and confirmed.

The article (see Marty Began's link, post #5) explains things a little better and the why and wherefore of it.

I don't think most of us have the actual knowledge of how these rules work to know if this is going to make things more or less fair for victims and the accused.

there are over 5,200 colleges & universities within the US. If someone is expelled from one educational institution, what precludes that person from going to one of the other 5,199 schools?
I don't see such a broad range of options as, "ruining a young man's education."

Trumps dumbass Education Secretary is rewriting the guidelines for colleges as to what constitutes sexual harassment.

Evidently anythings goes if it does not interfer with the education process of the victim.

The new standards will make it nearly impossible for victims to pursue any legal channel within the institutions.

Yes..... people like you, totalitarians believe in Star Chambers and Secret Courts who can arrest, try and convict innocent people all they want.... this move by Trump simply reinstates "Due Process" to the kangaroo courts on these left wing college campuses.....yes, for you asshats the rule of law sucks...but for normal people, we like to have our day in court.
Oh go fuck yourself. There was due process before these changes.

No, there wasn't, you stupid doofus........ read the stories and do some basic research.
So, right now, All a victim does is point & the accused goes to jail. No lawyers, no judge, no trials.

Who knew?

We have many examples of a person being expelled, suspended for just the accusations. There needs to be justice and not arbitrary BS.
No one get me wrong, I've seen the other side of this and seen how much a scared young college student has to go through before the police or even campus security can intervene when a stalker is after her. It's terrifying, especially when the guy is someone who has broken bones on past girlfriends.
I would certainly hope these new rules don't make that easier for creeps. But it doesn't sound that way. No one, not even college campuses or Betsy DeVos, wants to see their students abused.

Trumps dumbass Education Secretary is rewriting the guidelines for colleges as to what constitutes sexual harassment.

Evidently anythings goes if it does not interfer with the education process of the victim.

The new standards will make it nearly impossible for victims to pursue any legal channel within the institutions.

Yes..... people like you, totalitarians believe in Star Chambers and Secret Courts who can arrest, try and convict innocent people all they want.... this move by Trump simply reinstates "Due Process" to the kangaroo courts on these left wing college campuses.....yes, for you asshats the rule of law sucks...but for normal people, we like to have our day in court.

No, there wasn't, you stupid doofus........ read the stories and do some basic research.
So, right now, All a victim does is point & the accused goes to jail. No lawyers, no judge, no trials.

Who knew?

We have many examples of a person being expelled, suspended for just the accusations. There needs to be justice and not arbitrary BS.
You ave no clue what evidence was provided to the school.

The New York Times reported on Wednesday afternoon that the Education Department secretary is revising Title IX standards for addressing cases of sexual harassment and assault on college campuses. DeVos has yet to finalize the revisions, but a draft obtained by Times will “bolster the rights” of accused students, “narrow the definition of sexual harassment,” and hold “schools accountable only for formal complaints filed through proper authorities and for conduct said to have occurred on their campuses.”

If ushered in, the new/revised rules will be titled, 'Make Grabbing Pussy Great Again'

So, do any of the women here agree that campus sexual assault guidelines should be relaxed?
Yes, if they were unfair. Since I am not working on campus in an office dealing with sexual assault, I really can't say. It sounds from what I read last year that some of the young men were being expelled from college without due process? That is not right, if that is what happened.

I advocate women being supported in the case of rape, regardless of where it happens. I don't advocate ruining a young man's education with accusations that are not properly looked into and confirmed.

The article (see Marty Began's link, post #5) explains things a little better and the why and wherefore of it.

I don't think most of us have the actual knowledge of how these rules work to know if this is going to make things more or less fair for victims and the accused.

there are over 5,200 colleges & universities within the US. If someone is expelled from one educational institution, what precludes that person from going to one of the other 5,199 schools?

If he did nothing wrong why should he be expelled and forced to go to another school? What about his right to go to the school of his choice?

Who knew?

You ave no clue what evidence was provided to the school.

Just like you I can read stories and there are plenty that prove you wrong, you also don’t have any proof that the new guidelines will do what you claim but that doesn’t seem to stop your flow of BS.

If he did nothing wrong why should he be expelled and forced to go to another school? What about his right to go to the school of his choice?

the poster stated something to the effect of ruining someon's education; impossible. There are too many schools for that to happen.

Apparently Dave doesn’t like due process.

Too bad, this is America

So, there was no due process before? A viictim pointed a finger & they hauled the accused off to jail. Who knew?

No. They would make accusations and kick them out of school.

Which is why we are talking about due process at schools. Which is the only reason Devos is involved.

The standards for filing charges are stil the same as they were before

Yeah, Due Process is a horrible concept, right, Stalin?

There was due procerss before, dumbass.

Like at Duke?

And I can list countless other examples, by the way, but that is probably the most notorious and egregious.
And there a list 100 times longer of women that were raped & abused.

And absolutely nothing is stopping them from going to the police and filing charges. Absolutely nothing has changed to make that any more difficult.

So please stop the lying. It just makes you look stupid

Once again you lie. The guidelines are to make sure due process is followed during the process of determining the validity of the accusations.

Preliminary Education Department rules on campus sexual misconduct include important due process protections, according to report
Sure Marty. We need protection for the accused by masking it nearly impossible to file a complsauint
In the past an accusation has been enough to destroy a young mans future.
THAT is not acceptable.

the poster stated something to the effect of ruining someon's education; impossible. There are too many schools for that to happen.

So you’re seriously trying to arguing that if someone gets kicked out of Harvard based on an accusation and nothing else they won’t have their education ruined because they can go to Trump University?

Too bad, this is America

So, there was no due process before? A viictim pointed a finger & they hauled the accused off to jail. Who knew?
They kicked them out of college etc. On the baisis of an accusation, no due process. That is unacceptable.

Not to mention they would likely be blacklisted from any other college. What university is going to except someone who is kicked out of their last college for rape charges?

I don't see such a broad range of options as, "ruining a young man's education."
Why should they have to?

So you’re seriously trying to arguing that if someone gets kicked out of Harvard based on an accusation and nothing else they won’t have their education ruined because they can go to Trump University?

So, you really think all it takes is an accusation. No investigation, nothing. How did you get this naive?

Too bad, this is America

They kicked them out of college etc. On the baisis of an accusation, no due process. That is unacceptable.

Not to mention they would likely be blacklisted from any other college. What university is going to except someone who is kicked out of their last college for rape charges?
Exactly.
Why on Earth anyone thinks this is OK is beyond me.

Harvard isn't the only university in America & Trump University was nothing but a scam, by a con man.

Harvard isn't the only university in America & Trump University was nothing but a scam, by a con man.
Why should someone who has been denied due process be forced to leave their college and then attempt to resume their studies elsewhere?

Why should they have to?

most institutions will have hearings to determine if allegations have merit

So, you really think all it takes is an accusation. No investigation, nothing. How did you get this naive?
It has happened many times. If a crime is alleged it is not for college staff to ‘investigate’.

Forum List

Back