Trump Threatens To Sanction Iraq -- Why The F'k Are We Still There??

The US invaded Iraq on the back of a parcel of lies. We were dragged into it as well. Iraq was no part of 9/11 so there was no justification for this.
Sadaam was no choirboy but there was no thought given to what would replace him and Iraq sank backwards. The Haliburton War was a textbook US disaster. But now you are in you have a moral duty to fix it. Not holding my breath.

Last edited:
We are still in Iraq because of ISIS --- as soon as Obalama pulled out ISIS took over the whole country and were poised to establish a Caliphate in Baghdad --- like in the Arabian Nights, pre-1250 AD. Very embarrassing if that happened, and it almost did. We can't blame Obama for that (much as I'd like to) because we ALLLLL wanted out.

But it didn't work.

Also because of the Kurds. Iraq kills out the Kurds at regular intervals -- that was that poison gas attack when Saddam Hussein wiped out a Kurdish village and all the corpses were just lying there being televised. They've been faithful allies of ours, so that's a problem.

Probably we should establish a Kurdistan in a big chunk of Iraq and remove our forces there.

Trump Pushes Iraq, Threatens Sanctions After Vote to Expel U.S. Troops

I should have known most Trumpers were full of shit when it came to genuinely wanting to stop being policemen of the world.....I really thought Trump was serious when he said he wanted to get out of Iraq....but if this is true, why is he threatening to sanction Iraq just because they voted for US troops to leave their country?? We been in Iraq for 18 years and they ain't free yet?? Why are we there then??

"President Trump threatened Iraq with sanctions and a bill for billions of dollars if the U.S. is forced to withdraw its troops from the nation after the Iraqi parliament, responding to a U.S. airstrike that killed a powerful Iranian general on its soil, voted in favor of expelling American forces."

It was bad enough that the Iraqi Prime Minister objected to the strike at his airport, claiming Qassem Soleimani was a guest of his country -- why would the number 1 terrorist in the history of the world be invited as a guest in Iraq?? Now the Iraqi parliament voted to kick our US troops out of their country?? Like I said, why are we still there then??

And what is Trump's reaction?? "In response, Trump has threatened to sanction Baghdad "like they've never seen before ever," if Iraq were to expel US troops. 'It'll make Iranian sanctions look somewhat tame," he added, a reference to over 1,000 rounds of economic penalties imposed by the US on Tehran after the Trump administration pulled out of the multilateral Iran nuclear deal in 2018."

The last time we threatened to sanction Iraq -- Saddam Hussein was president -- what the fuck did we spend 18 years in Iraq for?? Why are we still there?? You can still have fun attacking Iran from bases in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, etc etc etc -- so using Iran as an excuse to stay in Iraq for another 18 years is not an excuse....I want Trumpers to really step back from their sycophancy and acknowledge the fact that Trump is actually trying to force Iraq to allow our troops to stay there -- after all of this talk of leaving Iraq and brining our troops home......why are we there??
We saved the Iraqi people from Saddam Hussein and now we are saving them from Iran.
In the immortal words of Project Pat..
zdxr4.jpg

If Iraq is a sovereign nation and they want us out -- we should leave....

I should have known most Trumpers were full of shit when it came to genuinely wanting to stop being policemen of the world.....I really thought Trump was serious when he said he wanted to get out of Iraq....but if this is true, why is he threatening to sanction Iraq just because they voted for US troops to leave their country?? We been in Iraq for 18 years and they ain't free yet?? Why are we there then??

"President Trump threatened Iraq with sanctions and a bill for billions of dollars if the U.S. is forced to withdraw its troops from the nation after the Iraqi parliament, responding to a U.S. airstrike that killed a powerful Iranian general on its soil, voted in favor of expelling American forces."

It was bad enough that the Iraqi Prime Minister objected to the strike at his airport, claiming Qassem Soleimani was a guest of his country -- why would the number 1 terrorist in the history of the world be invited as a guest in Iraq?? Now the Iraqi parliament voted to kick our US troops out of their country?? Like I said, why are we still there then??

And what is Trump's reaction?? "In response, Trump has threatened to sanction Baghdad "like they've never seen before ever," if Iraq were to expel US troops. 'It'll make Iranian sanctions look somewhat tame," he added, a reference to over 1,000 rounds of economic penalties imposed by the US on Tehran after the Trump administration pulled out of the multilateral Iran nuclear deal in 2018."

The last time we threatened to sanction Iraq -- Saddam Hussein was president -- what the fuck did we spend 18 years in Iraq for?? Why are we still there?? You can still have fun attacking Iran from bases in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, etc etc etc -- so using Iran as an excuse to stay in Iraq for another 18 years is not an excuse....I want Trumpers to really step back from their sycophancy and acknowledge the fact that Trump is actually trying to force Iraq to allow our troops to stay there -- after all of this talk of leaving Iraq and brining our troops home......why are we there??
We saved the Iraqi people from Saddam Hussein and now we are saving them from Iran.

They need saved from us. Iraq was a secular fairly modern country before we invaded. Yes, it had some real problems but that hasn't changed. The only thing that changed is we have made it a third world country.
lol Iraq was neither secular nor modern under Saddam Hussein. The Sunni-Shia conflict continued and it was much less modern than it is now.

Saddam feared that radical Islamic ideas—hostile to his secular rule—were rapidly spreading inside his country among the majority ...

Saddam Hussein - Wikipedia

First we invaded and destroyed Iraq — then we left it poisoned
lol Saddam's secular rule, in which the Sunni got everything and the Shia had nothing. Very funny.
So now you are back in favor of invading Iraq??

I wish you trumpers make your mind up....

You are the same folks who were saying how Iraq was a disaster and how you were always against it, blah blah....

Now you are saying going into Iraq was a good move??

They need saved from us. Iraq was a secular fairly modern country before we invaded. Yes, it had some real problems but that hasn't changed. The only thing that changed is we have made it a third world country.
lol Iraq was neither secular nor modern under Saddam Hussein. The Sunni-Shia conflict continued and it was much less modern than it is now.

Saddam feared that radical Islamic ideas—hostile to his secular rule—were rapidly spreading inside his country among the majority ...

lol Saddam's secular rule, in which the Sunni got everything and the Shia had nothing. Very funny.

It's not like we are any different.

It's not like we are any different.
6 months from now these folks will pretend they never said what they are saying now.....

Now I am certain that as much as these people claimed they were "Against Bush" and "Against invading Iraq" --- they are lying....

Actually, we did make Iraq into a functioning democracy and there is no reason to think the other countries couldn't be, too. If you look at all the conflicts in the ME from Lebanon to Syria to Iraq to Yemen, they are all part of the Sunni-Shia conflict and all of these conflicts trace back to Iran. In all these countries, Iran has as much power or more than the actual governments. So long as Iran is free to control these countries, there can be no peace, no democracy, no end to suffering.

Not. Our. Problem.
If you're a part of the human race, it's everybody's problem but beyond issues of decency, much of the global economy is still dependent on ME oil and what affects the global economy affects our economy so we have an economic interest in what is happening there, and with modern nuclear and missile technology, the ME is right next door to us, so we have a national security interest in what is happening in the ME.

No we don't. Our job is to protect our own. We've been dicking around in the ME for over half a century and gained nothing but enemies and flagged draped caskets. Enough.
OK, so you are saying you don't care what happens to our economy or if nuclear armed missiles in the ME are targeting our cities. Bold statements.

We are an oil exporter, we have no need for ME oil. Nuclear missiles that are aimed at us only become a problem if they are fired. Russia has had nukes pointed at us for 70 goddamn years, and we at them. It's called Mutually Assured Destruction and has been a successful deterrent for the duration. The ME, given their track record, is far more likely to nuke themselves anyways.
Ok, so you want to wait until after nuclear missiles are fired at us before doing anything.

Not. Our. Problem.
If you're a part of the human race, it's everybody's problem but beyond issues of decency, much of the global economy is still dependent on ME oil and what affects the global economy affects our economy so we have an economic interest in what is happening there, and with modern nuclear and missile technology, the ME is right next door to us, so we have a national security interest in what is happening in the ME.

No we don't. Our job is to protect our own. We've been dicking around in the ME for over half a century and gained nothing but enemies and flagged draped caskets. Enough.
OK, so you are saying you don't care what happens to our economy or if nuclear armed missiles in the ME are targeting our cities. Bold statements.

We are an oil exporter, we have no need for ME oil. Nuclear missiles that are aimed at us only become a problem if they are fired. Russia has had nukes pointed at us for 70 goddamn years, and we at them. It's called Mutually Assured Destruction and has been a successful deterrent for the duration. The ME, given their track record, is far more likely to nuke themselves anyways.
Ok, so you want to wait until after nuclear missiles are fired at us before doing anything.

That's what missile defense systems are for. Moreover, anyone dumb enough to fire nukes at us wouldn't exist the next day. Do you not understand MAD or are you intentionally being obtuse?

That's what missile defense systems are for. Moreover, anyone dumb enough to fire nukes at us wouldn't exist the next day. Do you not understand MAD or are you intentionally being obtuse?

Obtuse would be the correct answer there.

I'd like to know which way Trump is going. When he was campaigning, he said he would get us out of the ME. Matter of fact, he's been saying that for a long time, but yet, more troops keep going there.

Just recently, he's said that we will remain in Iraq until they pay for the base in Baghdad, so which is it? Are we getting out or not?

Donald Trump threatens Iraq sanctions after vote to expel US troops

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump threatened to impose deep sanctions on Iraq if it moves to expel U.S. troops and said Sunday he would not withdraw entirely unless the military is compensated for the "extraordinarily expensive air base" there.

Trump's remarks came on the same day that Iraq's Parliament voted to support expelling the U.S. military from its country over mounting anger about a drone strike the president ordered last week that killed Iran's Qasem Soleimani and earlier U.S. airstrikes in the country. The vote was nonbinding.

"We've spent a lot of money in Iraq," Trump told reporters aboard

I'd like to know which way Trump is going. When he was campaigning, he said he would get us out of the ME. Matter of fact, he's been saying that for a long time, but yet, more troops keep going there.

Just recently, he's said that we will remain in Iraq until they pay for the base in Baghdad, so which is it? Are we getting out or not?

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump threatened to impose deep sanctions on Iraq if it moves to expel U.S. troops and said Sunday he would not withdraw entirely unless the military is compensated for the "extraordinarily expensive air base" there.

Trump's remarks came on the same day that Iraq's Parliament voted to support expelling the U.S. military from its country over mounting anger about a drone strike the president ordered last week that killed Iran's Qasem Soleimani and earlier U.S. airstrikes in the country. The vote was nonbinding.

He's simply falling in line like those who came before him did. Doing what he is told.

You are the same folks who were saying how Iraq was a disaster and how you were always against it, blah blah....

I never said Iraq was a disaster. Iraq was a great success until Obama turned it over to Iran by withdrawing our forces to enhance his chances of reelection 2012. Going in, we had little understanding of their society, and made some serious errors, but by 2007 we had turned Iraq from a vile and violent dictatorship into a peaceful democracy - remember all those smiling faces and purple thumbs being waved in the faces of the terrorists? Some people like to complain that President Bush had no idea what he was doing, but in 2006 when his top generals said there was no way to bring the fighting to an end, he personally interviewed lower ranking generals to replace them and chose Petraeus who turned everything around in less than a year.

And then Obama came along and trashed everything, causing the rise of ISIS, the deaths of hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqi, millions of homeless refugees, and finally, secure now in his second term, he sent US forces back to Iraq to try to clear up the horrendous mess he had made. And that's where we are now, trying to clean up the mess Obama left behind him.

I like how Trump claims spending a lot of money in Iraq means we should be there indefinitely...

We also spent a lot of lives in Iraq -- but who cares about that....its the money

I never said Iraq was a disaster. Iraq was a great success until Obama turned it over to Iran by withdrawing our forces to enhance his chances of reelection 2012. Going in, we had little understanding of their society, and made some serious errors, but by 2007 we had turned Iraq from a vile and violent dictatorship into a peaceful democracy - remember all those smiling faces and purple thumbs being waved in the faces of the terrorists? Some people like to complain that President Bush had no idea what he was doing, but in 2006 when his top generals said there was no way to bring the fighting to an end, he personally interviewed lower ranking generals to replace them and chose Petraeus who turned everything around in less than a year.

And then Obama came along and trashed everything, causing the rise of ISIS, the deaths of hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqi, millions of homeless refugees, and finally, secure now in his second term, he sent US forces back to Iraq to try to clear up the horrendous mess he had made. And that's where we are now, trying to clean up the mess Obama left behind him.
So Trump was wrong when he said the invasion of Iraq was so bad that Bush should have been impeached and possibly put in prison??

So why do you dic suckers get so triggered when we call you neo-cons???

lol Ah, yes, mutual destruction is so much more desirable than preventing our enemies from being able to destroy us. We adopted MAD only after we failed to prevent the Soviets from acquiring nukes, now you want to fashion future policies after past failures.

I understand where Trump is coming from. He's a businessman. We stuck a lot of money into Iraq with virtually no ROI. But every good businessman knows that there's a time when you need to just cut your losses and move on. That is what needs to happen here and he needs to realize that. We're never going to get paid back by a 3rd world shithole that is constantly in conflict, sanctions be damned.

I want to see all troops, personnel, & equipment pulled. And I mean everywhere - Iraq, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, even Israel. It is beyond time for us to stop being the world's police. I firmly believe we should have the biggest, baddest, meanest military on the planet - but it should be HERE, protecting the homeland. Not half a world away dying over sandboxes that have been butchering eachother since they learned how to pick up sticks.

lol Ah, yes, mutual destruction is so much more desirable than preventing our enemies from being able to destroy us. We adopted MAD only after we failed to prevent the Soviets from acquiring nukes, now you want to fashion future policies after past failures.
So we should have invaded the Soviet Union too??

BAwahhahahaha….

Morons

Past failures, eh? Pray tell - when did the Soviets nuke us?

I understand where Trump is coming from. He's a businessman. We stuck a lot of money into Iraq with virtually no ROI. But every good businessman knows that there's a time when you need to just cut your losses and move on. That is what needs to happen here and he needs to realize that. We're never going to get paid back by a 3rd world shithole that is constantly in conflict, sanctions be damned.

I want to see all troops, personnel, & equipment pulled. And I mean everywhere - Iraq, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, even Israel. It is beyond time for us to stop being the world's police. I firmly believe we should have the biggest, baddest, meanest military on the planet - but it should be HERE, protecting the homeland. Not half a world away dying over sandboxes that have been butchering eachother since they learned how to pick up sticks.
If Trump really believed that

Why didn't Trump say it when he was running for president??

It isn't a mystery that we spent trillions on the war in Iraq

So suddenly now that is our reason for staying there??

So we should have invaded the Soviet Union too??

BAwahhahahaha….

Morons
I know all this is confusing to you, but we haven't invaded Iran and don't plan to.

Forum List

Back