Trump tells court he had no duty to 'support' the Constitution as president

The capitol is not someone's home, so it doesn't apply.

Actually it does

For some members of Congress, an office on Capitol Hill is just, well, an office. But for others, it doubles as their apartment while they live and work in Washington, D.C.

"You know, they sleep on their couches, they then get up in the morning, sneak downstairs [to] the members' gym, shower, change their clothes, and come back up for work," she describes.

"Imagine if you said to a constituent coming into your office, 'Welcome, come into my bedroom.' Because for all intents and purposes, that's what, I mean,

Previous reports have estimated that up to 100 members of Congress — mostly Republicans — live in their offices while in D.C. The last House speaker, Paul Ryan, was one of them. North Carolina Republican Rep. Ted Budd does it now.

Actually it does

For some members of Congress, an office on Capitol Hill is just, well, an office. But for others, it doubles as their apartment while they live and work in Washington, D.C.

"You know, they sleep on their couches, they then get up in the morning, sneak downstairs [to] the members' gym, shower, change their clothes, and come back up for work," she describes.

"Imagine if you said to a constituent coming into your office, 'Welcome, come into my bedroom.' Because for all intents and purposes, that's what, I mean,

Previous reports have estimated that up to 100 members of Congress — mostly Republicans — live in their offices while in D.C. The last House speaker, Paul Ryan, was one of them. North Carolina Republican Rep. Ted Budd does it now.

That doesn't prove you claim, asshole.

Wrong. Members of Congress do not have more rights than the rest of us. You only show what a groveling elitist snob you are.

Their responsibility is no greater than their responsibility to protect the rest of us. And the SC has ruled, BTW, that they have no responsibility to protect anyone.

What a laugh!

Your desperate spewing pure BULLSHIT does not change reality - or fool anyone.

Yes, idiot, the Capitol police and the Secret Service have a responsibility to protect Congress.

What a laugh!

Your desperate spewing pure BULLSHIT does not change reality - or fool anyone.

Yes, idiot, the Capitol police and the Secret Service have a responsibility to protect Congress.
Can they be sued if they fail to do so?

Quote where it says they are legally required to protect you or shut your fucking yap.

Seriously, are you truly that stupid or are you just pretending to be that stupid?

FYI - From the first article I posted.

"The United States Secret Service (USSS or Secret Service) is a federal law enforcement agency under the Department of Homeland Security charged with conducting criminal investigations and protecting U.S. political leaders, their families, and visiting heads of state or government."

Ok, so firstly, your title is misleading, trump himself didn’t say this, it was his lawyers, just for clarification.
His lawyers represent him. Their words are his words, in court. Title is spot on.

Secondly, where did rawstory get the article, they only link to a tweet by some other lady who has a segment of some text but doesn’t really say where she got it from. Does anyone have a link to the actual full text of the filing document that his lawyers filed?
Wait, so someone else is supposed to Google it for you?

I mean, I can, but it will be fifty bucks.

Seriously, are you truly that stupid or are you just pretending to be that stupid?

FYI - From the first article I posted.

"The United States Secret Service (USSS or Secret Service) is a federal law enforcement agency under the Department of Homeland Security charged with conducting criminal investigations and protecting U.S. political leaders, their families, and visiting heads of state or government."
"Charged with" does not mean they can be sued if they fail in their job. The upshot is they have no legal obligation to protect the president, which means they can be sued for failing to do it.

"Charged with" does not mean they can be sued if they fail in their job. The upshot is they have no legal obligation to protect the president, which means they can be sued for failing to do it.

I never said they could be sued, dumbass.

I said they can be fired.

Forum List

Back