Trump targets “FDA Food Police,” calls for elimination of food-safety regulations in new tax plan

The fda and the government is the goddamn reason why we have clean food and water you sick bastards.

Tell that to Flint you fucking asshole. Those wankers hid the bad reports of the water for months on end.

The scariest thing you'll ever hear is "we're from the government and we're here to protect you."

Absolutely. No one from the FDA got fired or punished for hiding the results of water tests. Pisses me clean off. The bitch that headed up the Michigan Department got to "retire".

And yet your party doesn't do shit to fix the mess? How exactly would lowering our standards help anyone.

Trump targets “FDA Food Police,” calls for elimination of food-safety regulations in new tax plan

Source: Salon
In a speech to the Economic Club of New York in Manhattan, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump provided the latest iteration of his tax plan. And according to an accompanying fact sheet released by the Trump campaign, the businessman turned White House aspirant plans to dramatically scale back government regulations, including food safety and environmental measures, in order to save almost $1 trillion over the next decade.
Besides increasing each of his three tax brackets from their proposed 2015 levels, Trump said in order to pay for his $4.4 trillion in tax cuts he would eliminate the Environmental Protection Agency’s Clean Power Plan, the Waters of the United States rule aimed at protecting America’s waterways and existing limits on carbon pollution from power plants.
“The FDA Food Police, which dictate how the federal government expects farmers to produce fruits and vegetables and even dictates the nutritional content of dog food,” the Trump campaign fact sheet complained.

“The rules govern the soil farmers use, farm and food production hygiene, food packaging, food temperatures and even what animals may roam which fields and when,” the fact sheet continued. “It also greatly increased inspections of food ‘facilities,’ and levies new taxes to pay for this inspection overkill.”

Read more: http://www.salon.com/2016/09/15/tru...n-of-food-safety-regulations-in-new-tax-plan/

Yep, old food, a sicker population choking bad shit and more sick people in our hospitals. Mexico here we come!!! Lets drink dirty water, eat shitty food, allow our food handlers whip their ass on your meal!!!!

Fuck you Trump.
We should two areas in the grocery store. One for Republicans and one for everyone else. Under the area for Republicans would be a sign that said "Standard, Regulation and Inspection Free".
And the cost of the food should be marked appropriately.

And you can take the food from the other part of the store and as soon as it expires, move it over to the GOP section after lowering the price.

You got a win-win situation.

Sounds like a good plan. The party of the third world can eat shitty food and shitty water as long as I don't have too. I'll be voting straight ticket democrat!
If Drumpf promised to get rid of all safety regulations and went school vouchers and eliminated social programs in Red states (AND I could actually believe he'd keep his word) I would vote for him.

The fda and the government is the goddamn reason why we have clean food and water you sick bastards.

Yeah, right, because people were dropping dead from eating bad food all the time before the FDA was created.

Dude . It's aint 1960 . How many drugs did we have in 1960 ? There was pretty much Penacillian and that's it . And that thalidomide. And we all know how that drug turned out!
They should allow thalidomide back into Red states for use. And not worry about that Zika thing either.

In a speech to the Economic Club of New York in Manhattan, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump provided the latest iteration of his tax plan. And according to an accompanying fact sheet released by the Trump campaign, the businessman turned White House aspirant plans to dramatically scale back government regulations, including food safety and environmental measures, in order to save almost $1 trillion over the next decade.
Besides increasing each of his three tax brackets from their proposed 2015 levels, Trump said in order to pay for his $4.4 trillion in tax cuts he would eliminate the Environmental Protection Agency’s Clean Power Plan, the Waters of the United States rule aimed at protecting America’s waterways and existing limits on carbon pollution from power plants.
“The FDA Food Police, which dictate how the federal government expects farmers to produce fruits and vegetables and even dictates the nutritional content of dog food,” the Trump campaign fact sheet complained.

“The rules govern the soil farmers use, farm and food production hygiene, food packaging, food temperatures and even what animals may roam which fields and when,” the fact sheet continued. “It also greatly increased inspections of food ‘facilities,’ and levies new taxes to pay for this inspection overkill.”

Read more: http://www.salon.com/2016/09/15/tru...n-of-food-safety-regulations-in-new-tax-plan/

Yep, old food, a sicker population choking bad shit and more sick people in our hospitals. Mexico here we come!!! Lets drink dirty water, eat shitty food, allow our food handlers whip their ass on your meal!!!!

Fuck you Trump.
We should two areas in the grocery store. One for Republicans and one for everyone else. Under the area for Republicans would be a sign that said "Standard, Regulation and Inspection Free".

And you can take the food from the other part of the store and as soon as it expires, move it over to the GOP section after lowering the price.

That sounds like a plan an FDA bureaucrat would come up with.
Sounds good. Glad you liked the plan. It fits right in with the GOP plan to save money and stop "waste".

Look at the rivers of pollution in China and India...Both countries allow their corporations to do this. Look at history books of the US or europe before these regulations.

Trump should go live in Somalia or some other shit hole. Fuck him.

Rivers are public property. What a surprise that people feel free to dump their waste in them.

How about corporations ??

Look at our environment since the clean air act 40 years ago. Night and day!

You can see LA now . Remember the smog alerts!?

Fuck you Trump.

That sounds like a plan an FDA bureaucrat would come up with.
Sounds good. Glad you liked the plan. It fits right in with the GOP plan to save money and stop "waste".

Yep, getting sick and living a shorter life is somehow worth saving a few bucks to these backwards assholes.

See? and who mocked me for saying that conservatives want to take us back to 1900, when among other things,

there were little if any food safety regulations?
We would like to have the laws we had in 1900. That doesn't imply we want to do without electricity, antibiotics, television, computers or any of the other countless benefits of science and technology. Liberalism didn't create electricity or refrigeration.
Of course you'd like to have the laws you had in 1900......I wish we could make that happen.........in Red States....then you could all live in the past like you want to.
I wouldn't have a problem with that. The first thing you would see is corporations and their jobs all relocating to red states.
Yes they would....that's ok....like 3 eyed kids? As long as it's Red states....like Texas or Mississippi, or Alabama, or South Carolina.

Right, because we had so many three-eyed-kids before the FDA.

See? and who mocked me for saying that conservatives want to take us back to 1900, when among other things,

We would like to have the laws we had in 1900. That doesn't imply we want to do without electricity, antibiotics, television, computers or any of the other countless benefits of science and technology. Liberalism didn't create electricity or refrigeration.
Of course you'd like to have the laws you had in 1900......I wish we could make that happen.........in Red States....then you could all live in the past like you want to.
I wouldn't have a problem with that. The first thing you would see is corporations and their jobs all relocating to red states.
Yes they would....that's ok....like 3 eyed kids? As long as it's Red states....like Texas or Mississippi, or Alabama, or South Carolina.

Look what drug companies get away with now . It will be 100x worse without the fda .

Yeah, right, because people were dropping dead from eating bad food all the time before the FDA was created.

Dude . It's aint 1960 . How many drugs did we have in 1960 ? There was pretty much Penacillian and that's it . And that thalidomide. And we all know how that drug turned out!
Thalidomide was approved by every regulatory agency in Europe. Now lets consider all the people who have died because the FDA dragged its feet about approving life-saving drugs.

Look what drug companies get away with now . It will be 100x worse without the fda .

What do they "get away with?"

Thalidomide was approved by every regulatory agency in Europe. Now lets consider all the people who have died because the FDA dragged its feet about approving life-saving drugs.

Less than the dangerous drugs they stopped .

Less than the dangerous drugs they stopped .

Wrong.

You want a current example ? Opioids !

Drug companies and doctors pushed Oxys on everyone and have now created a new generation of drug addicts . The heroine boom ain't because of Mexico , it's cause pill heads can't afford Oxys .

I love your spirit...let's push to have the FDA and all regulatory agencies eliminated.......in Red States.

Fuck you Trump.

Sounds like a good plan. The party of the third world can eat shitty food and shitty water as long as I don't have too. I'll be voting straight ticket democrat!
If Drumpf promised to get rid of all safety regulations and went school vouchers and eliminated social programs in Red states (AND I could actually believe he'd keep his word) I would vote for him.

I love your spirit...let's push to have the FDA and all regulatory agencies eliminated.......in Red States.

he wishes to go all the way back before civilization! He wants to be a savage man that hunts on the plains.

Look at what China's drug companies get away with...That is just a taste of how ugly it can be.

• In doubt about pure foods, read The Jungle by upton Sinclailr, the book inspired a Republican president to push for the government inspection of what we eat and drink.

Check wiki for the FDA history and what caused their expansion and creation .

Here's a snip:

for stronger regulatory authority by publicizing a list of injurious products that had been ruled permissible under the 1906 law, including radioactive beverages, the mascara Lash lure, which caused blindness, and worthless "cures" for diabetes and tuberculosis.

You want a current example ? Opioids !

Drug companies and doctors pushed Oxys on everyone and have now created a new generation of drug addicts . The heroine boom ain't because of Mexico , it's cause pill heads can't afford Oxys .

That's completely government regulated, off course, so it actually argues against your "solution." Opioids are valuable weapons in medicines battle with pain. I wouldn't have been able survive a recent surgery I had without these wonder drugs. Addiction is an unfortunate side affect, but blaming it on lack of regulation is the sign of an idiot.

Check wiki for the FDA history and what caused their expansion and creation .

Here's a snip:

for stronger regulatory authority by publicizing a list of injurious products that had been ruled permissible under the 1906 law, including radioactive beverages, the mascara Lash lure, which caused blindness, and worthless "cures" for diabetes and tuberculosis.
No one knew they were injurious or worthless in 1906, moron. The FDA didn't know either.

Forum List

Back