Trump supporters: What do you think of this information?

To an extent, yes. Rioters were reading what he was saying on Twitter as the riot was happening.
They were reading what he was saying but did they have any intention of stopping? I seriously doubt it.

To begin with, we can't assume that every rioter there was monitoring their phones or Twitter feed. Secondly, they were caught up in the heat of the moment so it's unlikely most of them would have stopped once they were committed.

*sigh* You were looking at it as: if Trump had acted to stop it, the riot would have ended differently. I did not.
Ok so I did address this.

Some rioters were reading his tweets as they were rioting. It’s possible that some would have acted differently if Trump had spoken up sooner.

They were reading what he was saying but did they have any intention of stopping? I seriously doubt it.

To begin with, we can't assume that every rioter there was monitoring their phones or Twitter feed. Secondly, they were caught up in the heat of the moment so it's unlikely most of them would have stopped once they were committed.
Some of them were clearly not going to stop regardless. Others, I’m not sure. What I do know is that some were reading his tweets as they were being sent.

With the fact that some rioters were looking for Trump’s words as they were breaking in, I think it’s clear how influential Trump is to them. For that reason I think it’s possible that some of them would have changed their actions if Trump had immediately responded that these people need to knock this shit off immediately. But he didn’t so we won’t know one way or another.

I was highly critical of him before this. I would still be critical of him after this for how he set off a bunch of conspiracy theorists into believing that the election was stolen. But if he had called them off, like people were pleading with him to do, I at least wouldn’t be able to criticize his motive of enjoying the riot.

Be honest, if you criticized him as much as you say then his doing nothing that day should have been no surprise. Not even I was that surprised. I would venture to say that your opinion of him was already pretty low so those events probably didn't change your opinion that much.

We had our four years of fun with him making Democrat heads explode every day but as for me, I'm done with him.
If there’s something that I didn’t answer, then you should point it out to me so I can get to it. I’m not intending to avoid anything. You should know that by now.

Post# 1750. You replied to that post but you only quoted and responded to the first two lines. The questions were in the next paragraph. What I asked was:

"What would you have to say about Trump's actions on Jan 6 if he had condemned the violence but still did nothing about it? I'm betting you would still condemn him as immoral, depraved and psychotic. Am I wrong? In fact, I'm also betting that you thought these things about Trump even before Jan 6. Am I wrong on this one too?"

Ok so I did address this.

Some rioters were reading his tweets as they were rioting. It’s possible that some would have acted differently if Trump had spoken up sooner.
Possibly. But I doubt enough to make a difference.

What's more, knowing how Democrats feel about Trump, I don't think it would have changed their views about him even if he had acted sooner. They would just say he didn't act soon enough or they would say (as they do now) that his rhetoric incited them to riot and break in to the Capital.

Believe me, the situation would be no different right now if he had.

That was the problem with Democrats and their hatred of Trump: even if he did no wrong, he could do no right in their eyes. While Trump was Trump and he did and said plenty to criticize, not all the criticism and allegations were justified. It was a 1460 day non-stop manhunt.

Be honest, if you criticized him as much as you say then his doing nothing that day should have been no surprise. Not even I was that surprised. I would venture to say that your opinion of him was already pretty low so those events probably didn't change your opinion that much.

We had our four years of fun with him making Democrat heads explode every day but as for me, I'm done with him.
I remember participating in a thread around here soon after Trump lost the election or at least when it started to look like he was going to lose the election. I remember saying that I’m concerned about Trump agreeing to step down and considered what it might look like if he refused. I guess you can say that I wasn’t that unexpected because it seemed to fit with Trump’s personality. Still, it was somehow shocking and sickening to see Jan 6 actually play out the way it did.

My opinion of him was already pretty low, I agree. Throughout his presidency, there were a handful of moments where my low expectations for him were dropped even lower than what I previously thought possible of him. Jan 6 was one of those moments for me.

Post# 1750. You replied to that post but you only quoted and responded to the first two lines. The questions were in the next paragraph. What I asked was:

"What would you have to say about Trump's actions on Jan 6 if he had condemned the violence but still did nothing about it? I'm betting you would still condemn him as immoral, depraved and psychotic. Am I wrong? In fact, I'm also betting that you thought these things about Trump even before Jan 6. Am I wrong on this one too?"
If Trump condemned the violence but did nothing to stop it, I would still condemn him for inciting the riot in the first place with his baseless conspiracy theory. I don’t think I would go so far as calling him immoral. I think it would be more like an characterizing him as an egotistical fool playing with a weapon that he doesn’t understand the power of. That, but not necessarily immoral. Not trying to do harm.

Prior to Jan 6, I think this is how I would have characterized him. Even with as low as I thought of him, Jan 6 dropped him even lower in my eyes. I think it’s apparent now that there was actual intent to do harm to our political system. There was a motive to encourage violence. That, in my opinion, is a new low for him.

Did I answer all of your questions?

If Trump condemned the violence but did nothing to stop it, I would still condemn him for inciting the riot in the first place with his baseless conspiracy theory. I don’t think I would go so far as calling him immoral. I think it would be more like an characterizing him as an egotistical fool playing with a weapon that he doesn’t understand the power of. That, but not necessarily immoral. Not trying to do harm.

Prior to Jan 6, I think this is how I would have characterized him. Even with as low as I thought of him, Jan 6 dropped him even lower in my eyes. I think it’s apparent now that there was actual intent to do harm to our political system. There was a motive to encourage violence. That, in my opinion, is a new low for him.

Did I answer all of your questions?
The fraud claims were never baseless.You are perpetuating a lie that has already failed.

Possibly. But I doubt enough to make a difference.

What's more, knowing how Democrats feel about Trump, I don't think it would have changed their views about him even if he had acted sooner. They would just say he didn't act soon enough or they would say (as they do now) that his rhetoric incited them to riot and break in to the Capital.

Believe me, the situation would be no different right now if he had.

That was the problem with Democrats and their hatred of Trump: even if he did no wrong, he could do no right in their eyes. While Trump was Trump and he did and said plenty to criticize, not all the criticism and allegations were justified. It was a 1460 day non-stop manhunt.
Well it wouldn’t be realistic to give the man praise for putting out the fire that he started.

I remember when he lost the election and threw that Twitter temper tantrum immediately afterward. His tweets we’re getting flagged for being nonsense. He instigated those conspiracy theorist Trump supporters based on nothing but his ego. There was no evidence for massive voter election fraud. If he challenges the election results but then agrees to adhere to the system, Jan 6 doesn’t happen.

Forum List

Back