Trump still wants to repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)

To maintain top-down control over society, you need to centralize and control the staples. Employment, education, trade, food and drugs, etc ... and of course health care.

To maintain top-down control over society, you need to centralize and control the staples. Employment, education, trade, food and drugs, etc ... and of course health care.
Health care is a biggie….vote Biden, or no medical care for YOU! And no soup, either.

President Trump's plan, Trumpcare would have provided tremendous healthcare of fabulous quality and would have provided savings to the American people they would have to see to believe.

It got defeated by a single vote, that of John McCain, who only voted against this fantastic program out of spite.

Trumpcare was Obamacare on steroids.

We can walk and chew gum.

The Biden Administration can't seem to do that. They spew lots of words but so far everything they have done has produced negatives for most of the American people.

Health care is a biggie….vote Biden, or no medical care for YOU! And no soup, either.
Yep. Control the message, control education, control scientific institutions and big business, control healthcare and what else is available and you have a totalitarian government. That government can do anything it wants to anybody. We are dangerously close to that now.

The Biden Administration can't seem to do that.

Sure they do. More affordable marketplace coverage now than ever, more Americans with coverage, most aggressive health care anti-trust actions in thirty years, first Medicare drug price negotiation, effective use of policy and the bully pulpit to bring down insulin costs, same overall health care costs (just over 17% of GDP) as in 2010.

Sure they do. More affordable marketplace coverage now than ever, more Americans with coverage, most aggressive health care anti-trust actions in thirty years, first Medicare drug price negotiation, effective use of policy and the bully pulpit to bring down insulin costs, same overall health care costs (just over 17% of GDP) as in 2010.
And I say that is crapola. I personally have to reject procedures recommended by my doctor because the copays are so unreasonable. The deductible for the first days in the hospital are so high it could bankrupt some lower income people. And it is getting worse, not better.

Before Obamacare the coverages were better and the deductibles and copays were manageable. The only ones benefitting from Obamacare are the indigent and illegals who get their healthcare without charge. But it isn't free. It is one of the big reasons the rest of us are paying so much more.

And I say that is crapola. I personally have to reject procedures recommended by my doctor because the copays are so unreasonable. The deductible for the first days in the hospital are so high it could bankrupt some low income people. And it is getting worse, not better.

Low-income people have low deductibles and low co-pays. At least in coverage sold through the marketplace, they do. Employers can design benefits as they please.

Low-income people have low deductibles and low co-pays. At least in coverage sold through the marketplace, they do. Employers can design benefits as they please.
What about the middle-income people who get stuck paying $800 and $900 a month bronze plan, with high deductibles, that doesn’t pay squat? The insurance companies needed to overcharge the person getting by on $50,000 in order to give gold-level coverage to low-income people, who pay next to nothing.

As it was, Obama took money from the Medicare program to finance his scheme. Hope you’re not thinking we need to rob more seniors.

Last edited:
What about the middle-income people who get stuck paying $800 and $900 a month bronze plan, with high deductibles, that doesn’t pay squat? The insurance companies needed to overcharge the person getting by on $50,000 in order to give gold-level coverage to low-income people, who pay next to nothing?

There's no marketplace in the country where someone making $50K pays $800/mo for a bronze plan.

Anyway, I already suggested extending the cost-sharing assistance to higher incomes to make lower deductible plans cheaper for higher-income households. You found that objectionable.

What about the middle-income people who get stuck paying $800 and $900 a month bronze plan, with high deductibles, that doesn’t pay squat? The insurance companies needed to overcharge the person getting by on $50,000 in order to give gold-level coverage to low-income people, who pay next to nothing.

As it was, Obama took money from the Medicare program to finance his scheme. Hope you’re not thinking we need to rob more seniors.
The entire purpose of ACA is to secure the rent-seeking, middleman role of the insurance companies in every. single. health care transaction. Anything else is smoke and mirrors. This is why the ACA undermined catastrophic insurance plans, by forcing them to cover far more than they used to, and making them far more expensive.

Last edited:
There's no marketplace in the country where someone making $50K pays $800/mo for a bronze plan.

Anyway, I already suggested extending the cost-sharing assistance to higher incomes to make lower deductible plans cheaper for higher-income households. You found that objectionable.
It was a few years ago, when I was on the program. It was $890 a month for a bronze with a $6500 deductible. I think you liberals don’t realize how bad it was.

And giving more government money to higher incomes? THERE IS NO MONEY FOR THAT. Democrats always think the answer is to just hand out more money, or benefits.

People are now struggling to buy groceries? Let’s include the middle class in food stamps. Rents are not unaffordable? Let’s extend the rent subsidies to include more people.

It all sounds so magnanimous until you try to pay for it. And NO….we cannot go further into debt.

This disastrous Obamacare is a great example of how Republicans will join with the filthy Democrats to screw Americans.

Back then the filthy Democrats controlled the House and had a sizeable majority in the Senate.

Obamacare passed along partisan lines in the House. Not one Republican voted for it.

It went to the Senate. The Republicans had enough votes to invoke Cloture to keep it from being sent to the Floor for a vote.

Three of the RINOs voted to let it go to the Floor knowing that it would pass.

Then the three Republicans voted against it on the Floor vote and it passed along strict partisan lines.

One of the worst bills to ever come out of government.

Then later you had that vile asshole McCain that cast the deciding vote to not do away with it just to spite Trump because Trump didn't kiss his RINO ass.

Whenever the Democrats fuck Americans (which is all the time) there are usually a few Republicans to help them.

Insurance for tens of millions of people, and pre-existing condition guarantees, could be in jeopardy if the former president wins the 2024 election.

Donald Trump says he is still interested in repealing the Affordable Care Act, which means health care for tens of millions of people would be in jeopardy if he becomes president again next year.

Trump said Saturday on his website Truth Social that he was “looking at alternatives” to the 2010 health care law, also known as “Obamacare,” which has reduced the number of Americans without health insurance to historic lows and established basic guarantees of coverage for all Americans regardless of pre-existing conditions.

The vow echoes promises that Trump made as a first-time candidate and as president, when he and Republican leaders in Congress made repeal a top legislative priority.

That effort failed. It also proved spectacularly unpopular, fueling a backlash that eventually helped Democrats win back the House, the Senate and the White House. President Joe Biden, long a vocal supporter of the ACA, has since worked with Democrats to bolster the law.

Much more that the link below...

Trump Still Seems Set On Repealing A Law That Most Americans Like

Obamacare isn't perfect, but it has helped many Americans. In other words, the ACA hasn’t fixed American health care, but it’s helped a lot of people. What do you think?
obamacare is simply too expensive

Hey jackass… Republicans run Congress.

At least the House and they ain’t doing shit.

Tell me you weren’t aware of that geezer
They are said to control congress but you may know that the Congress also has particular rules in play.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. There was no other option once Obama robbed us of our former, good plans.
He knows that.

23-facts-about-mr-burns-the-simpsons-1694335118.jpg

Forum List

Back