Trump Should Strike China Now Before They Get Any Stronger

Then look at the U-4. The U-3 measures actual availability, not potential.
Don´t distract.

But it's not just school kids...what about the non-discouraged marginally attached (the U-5). They are also potential.
Why don´t you read the article? It is tampering:

"“Marginally attached” describes individuals not currently in the labor force who wanted and were available for work. The official unemployment numbers exclude them, because they did not look for work in the 4 weeks preceding the unemployment survey. In July, this marginally attached group accounted for 2.2 million people."
You keep changing. First it was those who gave up should be included, now it's all marginally attached.

And how on earth is sticking with a set definition "tampering?" Tampering means to change, to alter, to interfere. Having set categories and sticking with them is not tampering.

And as for your country tampering...I'll assume Germany based on the language in your profile. Germany has two main measures of unemployment. The Federal Employment Agency (Die Bundesagentur für Arbeit) only counts registered unemployed, while the Federal Statistical Office (Das Statistische Bundesamt) uses the ILO definitions and a labor force survey as compliance with Eurostat requirements. There is heavy oversight on all labor market surveys by the EU, so I'm not sure how you think there's tampering.

But the bottom line is this: If a person is not trying to work, he will not get a job. So to look and see that X number of people did not look for work and did not get hired tells us nothing. (In countries like Germany and France where the Employment Agency looks and finds work for the unemployed, being registered unemployed counts as job search).

What we want to know is how many people failed to get hired who could be working.

You keep changing. First it was those who gave up should be included, now it's all marginally attached.

And how on earth is sticking with a set definition "tampering?" Tampering means to change, to alter, to interfere. Having set categories and sticking with them is not tampering.
I don´t. The reasons of unemployment are not relevant to the stats. Those who wear jeans are excluded?

And as for your country tampering...I'll assume Germany based on the language in your profile. Germany has two main measures of unemployment. The Federal Employment Agency (Die Bundesagentur für Arbeit) only counts registered unemployed, while the Federal Statistical Office (Das Statistische Bundesamt) uses the ILO definitions and a labor force survey as compliance with Eurostat requirements. There is heavy oversight on all labor market surveys by the EU, so I'm not sure how you think there's tampering.
If you speak German, this clip perfectly explains how it is done:

Compare World Military Powers Results
We still have a technological advantage over the People Army. I think we should strike now and crush them before it's to late. Their economy would collapse if they could not dump their garbage into our markets. We owe them $$$$$? Not after we go to war. Wall Street won't like it...but they are the most unpatriotic mothetfuckers in the country. Screw their " investment portfolios."

They will at the very least slow down if we stop giving them hundreds of billions of dollars a year.

THey might very well be weakened.

They might, as you say, collapse.

I don´t. The reasons of unemployment are not relevant to the stats. Those who wear jeans are excluded?
Who is saying anything about the reason for unemployment? We're discussing the definition of unemployment. There is no point or usefulness in classifying people not trying to work as unemployed. Those not currently trying to work but who are likely to start soon should be tracked separately, but they're not unemployed.

If you speak German, this clip perfectly explains how it is done:

It's been over 20 years since I lived in Germany. I can still read German somewhat, but I doubt I could follow the video well.

Who is saying anything about the reason for unemployment? We're discussing the definition of unemployment. There is no point or usefulness in classifying people not trying to work as unemployed. Those not currently trying to work but who are likely to start soon should be tracked separately, but they're not unemployed.
Yes, they are unemployed. The purpose of the stats is to display the number of unemployed and not to display the greatness of the government.

It's been over 20 years since I lived in Germany. I can still read German somewhat, but I doubt I could follow the video well.
Well, here comes whom they exclude from the stats:
- So called 1 € Jobber: Those who have a temp work provided by so called carriers that receive government money for each unemployed they "employ". Restrictions: No labor requiring eduction, limited to 6 months with a possible extension to 9 months for a time. Max 30 hours/week. They are the cheapest workers on earth because the business is to "hire" and "employ" them and not to gain values out of their work.

- Ill unemployed.

- Unemployed in some kind of education (mostly making applications).

- Unemployed having sanctions imposed of them. Punishments that reduce the amount of money they monthly receive.

- 58+ years old unemployed.

- Single parents with toddlers.

- "Unplaceable" unemployed. Those descried as unable to get a job on the regular labor market.

- Entrepreneurs (failed ones I guess)

It is also important to notice that the government figure only includes long term unemployed (Arbeitslosengeld II). Short term unemployed (Arbeitslosengeld I) are not included even in the clip above.

The figures for November 2016 by the Bundesagentur für Arbeit (capable of work):
Short term: 709.964
Long term: 4.279.982

Last edited:

Forum List

Back