Trump says! YOU ain’t interviewing anyone until you vote for impeachment!

Looks like the Ambassador decided to ignore Donald and testified against Trump's request, order, whatever. This kind of thing, ignoring Trump with damning testimony, will probably happen a lot now.
The Dam is Breaking!
The Walls are Closing In!

Trump administration orders ambassador not to appear at House impeachment probe deposition

Trump is a true cow boy! Calling out the cowards of the county!

God bless you trump! We stand with you!

And when the real Impeachment happens then the Rump Mob just starts the obstruction all over again. We've seen this before. AT what point does it stop. After they drag Rump from the White House will he still be screaming Executive Privilege? And will Pompeo still be trying to block things along with Barr? Nope, Pompeo and Barr will be screaming from the high heavens on what nasty things that bad old Rump tried to get them to do at that point. As they drag both of them off as well.

We traded the Deep for the Mob.
Not sure what you are talking about. The House will lose Impeachment in the Senate, if they even dare to take this farce that far. And that will be followed by a sound repudiation of the House by the US Electorate as they return Trump for a second term.

Trump tells House they can wipe their asses with their "subpoenas" because they haven't held a vote.

The president is correct that the Constitution gives the impeachment power to the House of Representatives. The power is not given to the speaker of the House or to a cabal of partisan committee chairmen. It belongs to the House as an institution.

The House acts as an institution by voting. On the matter of conducting an impeachment inquiry, the House has not voted.

This is a cold political calculation by Pelosi.

She knows Democratic control of the House hinges not on the AOC lefties, for whom impeachment is an easy vote; it hinges on about 41 Democrats who hold seats in districts Trump won in 2016. Impeachment is apt to be unpopular among those voters. Democrats who support it may imperil their re-election and party’s majority.

With Pelosi, it's ALL Politics,

https://nypost.com/2019/10/16/pelosis-impeachment-drive-is-all-politics-no-law/

Why is there need to call any type of special inquiry for the various committees' investigations into the president? They already have the subpoena power don't they? The recent Republican led House didn't need to vote on any special inquiry to be able to issue subpoenas to President Obama's administration did they?
Sure. Take the letter Chairman Cummings jointly signed with Chairmen Adam Schiff and Eliot Engel, respectively of the Intelligence and Foreign Affairs Committees. After a couple of pages of throat-clearing about the purported “impeachment inquiry,” the chairmen observe that, even without such an inquiry, the Oversight Committee has its own independent authority to conduct oversight investigations and issue subpoenas. In other words, information is actually being demanded under Congress’s routine authority to scrutinize executive activities. There would be nothing extraordinary about it . . . except that senior Democrats have decided to hang an “impeachment” sign on the exercise, hoping you won’t notice that the House has not voted to explore impeachment, and that its Democratic leaders are going out of their way to avoid such a vote.

If the House doesn't like the way the WH responds to their subpoenas they are more than welcome to take them to court.

They will need to show the court the Legislative Purpose of the subpoena, if their case is not believable, they will lose.

Now with an authorized impeachment inquiry they have much more latitude, but, impeachment isn't a power of Pelosi and a handful of committee heads, it is a power exercised by THE HOUSE, and the HOUSE makes it's decisions by vote.

Trump says! YOU ain’t interviewing anyone until you vote for impeachment! !!!!!

Trump says !

well aint that rich - :abgg2q.jpg:

ok fine you old fart ... add another obstruction case to his f'n IMPEACHMENT TRIAL.

Trump administration orders ambassador not to appear at House impeachment probe deposition

Trump is a true cow boy! Calling out the cowards of the county!

God bless you trump! We stand with you!

And when the real Impeachment happens then the Rump Mob just starts the obstruction all over again. We've seen this before. AT what point does it stop. After they drag Rump from the White House will he still be screaming Executive Privilege? And will Pompeo still be trying to block things along with Barr? Nope, Pompeo and Barr will be screaming from the high heavens on what nasty things that bad old Rump tried to get them to do at that point. As they drag both of them off as well.

We traded the Deep for the Mob.
Not sure what you are talking about. The House will lose Impeachment in the Senate, if they even dare to take this farce that far. And that will be followed by a sound repudiation of the House by the US Electorate as they return Trump for a second term.

Trump tells House they can wipe their asses with their "subpoenas" because they haven't held a vote.

The president is correct that the Constitution gives the impeachment power to the House of Representatives. The power is not given to the speaker of the House or to a cabal of partisan committee chairmen. It belongs to the House as an institution.

The House acts as an institution by voting. On the matter of conducting an impeachment inquiry, the House has not voted.

This is a cold political calculation by Pelosi.

She knows Democratic control of the House hinges not on the AOC lefties, for whom impeachment is an easy vote; it hinges on about 41 Democrats who hold seats in districts Trump won in 2016. Impeachment is apt to be unpopular among those voters. Democrats who support it may imperil their re-election and party’s majority.

With Pelosi, it's ALL Politics,

https://nypost.com/2019/10/16/pelosis-impeachment-drive-is-all-politics-no-law/

Why is there need to call any type of special inquiry for the various committees' investigations into the president? They already have the subpoena power don't they? The recent Republican led House didn't need to vote on any special inquiry to be able to issue subpoenas to President Obama's administration did they?

After a couple of pages of throat-clearing about the purpored “impeachment inquiry,” the chairmen observe that, even without such an inquiry, the Oversight Committee has its own independent authority to conduct oversight investigations and issue subpoenas. In other words, information is actually being demanded under Congress’s routine authority to scrutinize executive activities. There would be nothing extraordinary about it . . . except that senior Democrats have decided to hang an “impeachment” sign on the exercise,\

Exactly, it's a stunt. They're marketing this as "impeachment" when it is nothing more than what they've been doing all along.

Vote on it if you have an actual case or just STFU.

How's that

"You ain't interviewing anyone..." thing going?

Looks like they're lining up to testify now

ANDREW NAPOLITANO: ...the White House lawyers, "You can't issue a subpoena until there's a vote." Well, the Republicans changed the rules when John Boehner was Speaker of the House, allowing each individual committee to issue subpoenas, without a House-wide vote. So those subpoenas are valid, and people who resist them, ignore them, put them in a drawer, do so at their peril. If you get a subpoena that asks for something that you don't think you should have to produce, you have to challenge the subpoena, you can't ignore it.

Vote on it if you have an actual
Uh
..hey genius...

The inquiries and investigations occur in order to build a case.

Sure, sure, genius, keep believing the same shit they been feeding you for 3 years now like a good little lackey.
Haha, and right into the fetal position you go....

uh, yeah, sure. that's exactly what that was.

Declaring victory out of nowhere. Gee, I've never seen that before......

ANDREW NAPOLITANO: ...the White House lawyers, "You can't issue a subpoena until there's a vote."...
No. They can paper the walls with subpoena, they simply have no coercive purpose unless they are the service of a legitimate legislative function.
... Well, the Republicans changed the rules when John Boehner was Speaker of the House, allowing each individual committee to issue subpoenas, without a House-wide vote...
Not for impeachment. The House has the power to make it's own rules, it cannot bind the Executive Branch through it's rule making power, that only binds the House.
... So those subpoenas are valid...
Then take it to court.
... and people who resist them, ignore them, put them in a drawer, do so at their peril. If you get a subpoena that asks for something that you don't think you should have to produce, you have to challenge the subpoena, you can't ignore it.
The WH responded.

The Hill › policy › healthcare › 281742-gop-administration-ignoring-o...

GOP: Administration ignoring ObamaCare subpoenas | TheHill

May 31, 2016 - House Republicans say that the Obama administration is ignoring ... Congressional Democrats have portrayed the subpoenas as just another ...

oh, you mocked me in response to my mockery of you, but I was whining.
Correct . You are the one who sissied out of the discussion. And i mocked you for it. I think youre getting this!

So, to review:

Pelosi has no need to vote yet, as the information, documents, and depositions are still coming in waves. And these will be used to build a case for impeachment.

This isn't rocket surgery, my man.

ANDREW NAPOLITANO: ...the White House lawyers, "You can't issue a subpoena until there's a vote." Well, the Republicans changed the rules when John Boehner was Speaker of the House, allowing each individual committee to issue subpoenas, without a House-wide vote. So those subpoenas are valid, and people who resist them, ignore them, put them in a drawer, do so at their peril. If you get a subpoena that asks for something that you don't think you should have to produce, you have to challenge the subpoena, you can't ignore it.

If The House doesn't like the WH response, they can take it to court.

oh, you mocked me in response to my mockery of you, but I was whining.
Correct . You are the one who sissied out of the discussion. And i mocked you for it. I think youre getting this!

So, to review:

Pelosi has no need to vote yet, as the information, documents, and depositions are still coming in waves. And these will be used to build a case for impeachment.

This isn't rocket surgery, my man.

Nonsense.

There was no discussion, as you did not in any way rebut my point, but stated something of your own, which is utterly meaningless in the context, which was that little, if anything, was changed procedurally by this declaration of an 'impeachement inquiry' as admitted by the dems and that it was simply repackaging their actions labeled as something new and shiny.

And you're right, it's not rocket science, they've been playing this same game since Trump took office, hopping from one big smokescreen tactic to the next, and it truly amazes me that people do not see their antics for what they are.

If they had something that they actually believed was solid, they would vote on it. If they're not willing to stand up for their own allegations they have nothing and never intend to actually have a vote. And I don't think they do, or will, or ever intended it to be otherwise.

It is the latest political game and nothing more.

There was no discussion, as you did not in any way rebut my point,
I, of course, completely destroyed your point, which was just a bunch of vapid whining in response to me saying she wont hold a vote, because she doesnt need to hold one yet, necause she is getting waves of evidence without it. Your response to this was a 3rd grade level whinefest to insult Pelosi and say "bullshit".

Obviously, you are wrong and are utterly embarrassing yourself.

Forum List

Back