Trump says he'll propose a 'reciprocal tax' on imports

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I cannot find the Fox clip in which he spoke about NAFTA today, if anyone can find it, please post it, I swear it could have been written by me. He even used the "so-called allies" comment I always make and he's right. Smiling in your face while stabbing you in the back on trade is offensive. I wish I could find the clip but it was live, and it was near perfect.

He was right on during his speech, and you can tell he is serious about walking away from NAFTA, it's the better decision than being fleeced by other countries, while the RCMP and their surrogates interfere, access companies covertly and steal U.S jobs.

As it were, a reciprocal tax is fair. You cannot continue to lose hundreds billions to bad foreign actors (mainly China, but they are one of many) while setting your own nation up for failure by losing jobs and revenue.

That’s what we need, more taxes for the US citizens to pay. I guess this is how they make up for the tax cuts

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Good the sooner the better.....with reduced regulations and lower corporate tax now is the time to tighten the screw a bit

I cannot find the Fox clip in which he spoke about NAFTA today, if anyone can find it, please post it, I swear it could have been written by me. He even used the "so-called allies" comment I always make and he's right. Smiling in your face while stabbing you in the back on trade is offensive. I wish I could find the clip but it was live, and it was near perfect.

He was right on during his speech, and you can tell he is serious about walking away from NAFTA, it's the better decision than being fleeced by other countries, while the RCMP and their surrogates interfere, access companies covertly and steal U.S jobs.

As it were, a reciprocal tax is fair. You cannot continue to lose hundreds billions to bad foreign actors (mainly China, but they are one of many) while setting your own nation up for failure by losing jobs and revenue.

The reputation of the US will suffer as long as the orange turd is in office. We already know the mountain of repair that will have to be done with America's relations with every other country after bugwit is gone except Russia.

Little Lying Donald is no businessman and has no clue about 'making deals'. His entire approach to life is 'MINE MINE MINE'.

The reputation of the US will suffer as long as the orange turd is in office. We already know the mountain of repair that will have to be done with America's relations with every other country after bugwit is gone except Russia.

Little Lying Donald is no businessman and has no clue about 'making deals'. His entire approach to life is 'MINE MINE MINE'.

You have a $700B trade deficit with China. That's annually!! DO you not think for maybe a moment that you are being fleeced by China, among others?

They steal your manufacturing, they devalue their currency, they exploit your capitalist system and in return they TAX your exports. Anyone sitting there being dummied by these commies is not doing right by their citizens.

Many U.S workers are being undermined, it's time to stand up against trade abusers, of all ilks. I did my part and the response from the government illustrates just how GUILTY Canada is. As one guy told me long ago, "call them out, and they will leave you alone, if they don't, you know how concerned they are with your efforts".

Trump deserves support, America needs to succeed, I couldn't care less about nations who wish to harm their own countries and America, while so many desire the liberty America offers.

You have a $700B trade deficit with China. That's annually!! DO you not think for maybe a moment that you are being fleeced by China, among others?

They steal your manufacturing, they devalue their currency, they exploit your capitalist system and in return they TAX your exports. Anyone sitting there being dummied by these commies is not doing right by their citizens.

Many U.S workers are being undermined, it's time to stand up against trade abusers, of all ilks. I did my part and the response from the government illustrates just how GUILTY Canada is. As one guy told me long ago, "call them out, and they will leave you alone, if they don't, you know how concerned they are with your efforts".

Trump deserves support, America needs to succeed, I couldn't care less about nations who wish to harm their own countries and America, while so many desire the liberty America offers.
Trump and his family use China to produce their goods and ship them to the USA......Trump is undermining US jobs...

I wonder if it will pass. The GOP has abandoned a lot of principles in order to appease big corporations and the defense industry... will they now stand for massive tariffs on imports?

No, they will return the favor. If they place the same tariff as the nation they are exporting to, the other nation will decrease their tariffs which in turn, the U.S will do as well.

So, he is in effect, allowing the exploiting nation to control their own tariff.

Last edited:
I wonder if it will pass. The GOP has abandoned a lot of principles in order to appease big corporations and the defense industry... will they now stand for massive tariffs on imports?

No, they will return the favor. If they place the same tariff as the nation they are exporting too, the other nation will decrease their tariffs which in turn, the U.S will do as well.

So, he is in effect, allowing the exploiting nation to control their own tariff.
Or maybe they'll increase tariffs in response. We'll see what happens once the trade wars start. The only certainty is a lot of wealth will be destroyed and the poor and middle classes will be the ones suffering the strain from all the price increases.

That’s what we need, more taxes for the US citizens to pay. I guess this is how they make up for the tax cuts

So which is it, tax cuts are bad or tax increases are bad?

Neither. Neither are good or bad on their own, it is when and how they are applied that makes them good or bad.

Nothing is a black and white as the zealots want it to be

No, they will return the favor. If they place the same tariff as the nation they are exporting too, the other nation will decrease their tariffs which in turn, the U.S will do as well.

Or maybe they'll increase tariffs in response. We'll see what happens once the trade wars start. The only certainty is a lot of wealth will be destroyed and the poor and middle classes will be the ones suffering the strain from all the price increases.

Well if they increase their tariff, remember the key word here "reciprocal". They will be harming themselves.

This discussion so far....actually one one side is discussing...the other is sniping....well, it one of the best examples of how a Globalist thinks so differently than the person who still puts Country first.

One is scared to death that we are going to piss China off and get into a Trade War.

Thee other sees that we are paying China $700 Bil a year more than they are paying us, and asks who has the most to lose in a Trade War. Fuck China.

Who is right?

I won't say because I admit to ignorance about macro (or micro) economics, but it is clear in this thread who has given it the most thought.

Trump and his family use China to produce their goods and ship them to the USA......Trump is undermining US jobs...
Ah!
And we have discussed why about, oh, 10,000 times.

Ah!
Yes indeed yet it doesn't change the fact that he says that China is the reason for the US trade gap and he is part of the trade gap he pinpointed out as a problem...

Trump blames US for trade gap with China - CNNPolitics

Ah!
Yes indeed yet it doesn't change the fact that he said he says that China is the reason for the US trade gap and he is part of the reade gap he pinpointed out as a problem...

And Trump has stated such since day 1 of his campaign.
You prefer a liar?

Ah!
Yes indeed yet it doesn't change the fact that he said he says that China is the reason for the US trade gap and he is part of the reade gap he pinpointed out as a problem...

You prefer a liar?
So Trump is moving his production to the USA?

Ah!

You prefer a liar?
When the tariffs are passed.

Ah!

You prefer a liar?
I'm not holding my breathe till them..

Ah!

You prefer a liar?

So, Trump will only do what he claims is good for America if he is forced to by tariffs?

Talk about leading from the rear

Forum List

Back