Trump says he is likely to support ending federal ban on marijuana

Trump's support is pointless absent Congressional action.

from the article

Trump made his comments to a gaggle of reporters Friday morning just before he boarded a helicopter on his way to the G-7 summit in Canada. His remarks came the day after the bipartisan group of lawmakers proposed their measure.

One of the lead sponsors is Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), who is aligned with Trump on several issues but recently has tangled with the administration over the Justice Department’s threatened crackdowns on marijuana.

“I support Sen. Gardner,” Trump said when asked about the bill. “I know exactly what he’s doing. We’re looking at it. But I probably will end up supporting that, yes.”

The legislative proposal, which is also championed by Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), would reshape the legal landscape for marijuana.

giphy.gif

wow - this could be a game changer

Sessions, AKA "The Elf" has to be PISSED

Trump says a lot of things, I'll believe it when I see it.

If he does follow through on it (a big IF) then props to him.

yep I was hoping since he was not a career politician he would be different than all these other clown presidents we have had from the previous five administrations but he is no different.He has learned to survive in politics you have to be a flip flopper.

if the economy continues on its present course, as most economic experts predict, Trump will already be difficult to beat

if this happens, Colorado likely goes red pretty easily

this could also diminish enthusiasm amongst the "youth vote" and even enhance Trump's numbers for that demographic

Word . He can act in a second . Just tell the Dept of Justice to F off.
:rolleyes:

From the OP's article:
"President Trump said he likely will support a congressional effort to end the federal ban on marijuana, a major step that would reshape the pot industry and end the threat of a Justice Department crackdown."

He's saying that he'll support doing it the RIGHT WAY via duly enacted legislation not using the half-assed, only good until some future President decides otherwise, prosecutorial discretion method that his predecessor used.

if the economy continues on its present course, as most economic experts predict, Trump will already be difficult to beat

if this happens, Colorado likely goes red pretty easily

this could also diminish enthusiasm amongst the "youth vote" and even enhance Trump's numbers for that demographic
While creating a new source of tax revenue.

Word . He can act in a second . Just tell the Dept of Justice to F off.
:rolleyes:

From the OP's article:
"President Trump said he likely will support a congressional effort to end the federal ban on marijuana, a major step that would reshape the pot industry and end the threat of a Justice Department crackdown."

He's saying that he'll support doing it the RIGHT WAY via duly enacted legislation not using the half-assed, only good until some future President decides otherwise, prosecutorial discretion method that his predecessor used.

But he’s ok with unilaterally screwing with immigration / INS according to his whims ?

Well 59% support full legalization and 71% support medical. So it's a safe, popular position. Congress needs to pass it and put it on his desk, before he and North Korea destroy the world next week. :spinner:

Forum List

Back