Trump Rise- Are Mexican Criminals Starting to Pack up their Things?

Jaywalking an intersection is a crime.
Jaywalking is an infraction, it is not a violation.
Generally traffic law is broken up into infractions and violations. An infraction is an offense that is not considered a crime and its penalty is a fine. A person who is guilty of an infraction can't be jailed, receive large fines, have a jury trial or a court-appointed lawyer. Most traffic tickets, such as non-moving violations and non-dangerous moving violations, are infractions.
A violation can result in jail time and a fine.

I'll take your word for it. Therefore, being an undocumented alien the first time is a misdemeanor, which is equivalent of carrying or using an ounce of grass in most states...something that I suspect 25% to 50% of adult Americans have done.

Cd2PVi8VIAM-cL8.jpg

Generally traffic law is broken up into infractions and violations. An infraction is an offense that is not considered a crime and its penalty is a fine. A person who is guilty of an infraction can't be jailed, receive large fines, have a jury trial or a court-appointed lawyer. Most traffic tickets, such as non-moving violations and non-dangerous moving violations, are infractions.

I'll take your word for it. Therefore, being an undocumented alien the first time is a misdemeanor, which is equivalent of carrying or using an ounce of grass in most states...something that I suspect 25% to 50% of adult Americans have done.
Being undocumented as an EWI is different then being undocumented as a Visa Overstay. EWI first time is a Misdemeanor, second is a Felony; visa overstay is simply an infraction with the penalty being only deportation. What does the comparison to weed have to do with illegals and their penalties? Short answer - NOTHING. SMFH

Being undocumented as an EWI is different then being undocumented as a Visa Overstay. EWI first time is a Misdemeanor, second is a Felony; visa overstay is simply an infraction with the penalty being only deportation. What does the comparison to weed have to do with illegals and their penalties? Short answer - NOTHING. SMFH

Ok, so what you are saying is that half of the "illegal aliens",(those who only overstayed their visa, are not even criminals. Bet that takes a lot of wind out of the xenophobes' sails!

Ok, so what you are saying is that half of the "illegal aliens",(those who only overstayed their visa, are not even criminals. Bet that takes a lot of wind out of the xenophobes' sails!
Visa overstays have infracted their status, and even by being out of status can apply to adjust status to be within the law once again. Now, if they have an order of deportation against them, they are considered to be here illegally, yet they are not subject to criminal violation, only deportation to which they can request a hearing and attempt to adjust status via an Immigration Judge, unlike those that entered via Entry Without Inspection, which have violated the law and can be charged with Misdemeanor or Felony Violations and have no legal recourse to adjust their status unless they can show they qualify for asylum or a U-visa.
The U visa is a nonimmigrant visa which is set aside for victims of crimes (and their immediate family members) who have suffered substantial mental or physical abuse and are willing to assist law enforcement and government officials in the investigation or prosecution of the criminal activity.

Forum List

Back