Trump responds after hundreds of newspaper editorials criticize his attacks on the press

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Trump can't win his battle with the press.

Trump responds after hundreds of newspaper editorials criticize his attacks on the press
<excerpts>
August 16 at 1:32 PM
Hundreds of newspaper editorial boards across the country answered a nationwide call Thursday to express disdain for President Trumpā€™s attacks on the news media, while some explained their decision not to do so. The same morning, the president tweeted that the ā€œfake news mediaā€ are the ā€œopposition party.ā€

The editorials came after the Boston Globeā€™s editorial board called on others to use their collective voice to respond to Trumpā€™s war of words with news organizations in the United States.

Trump has labeled the news media ā€œthe enemy of the American peopleā€ and called much of the coverage ā€œfake news.ā€

ā€œThis is one of the many lies that have been thrown out by this president, much like an old-time charlatan threw out ā€˜magicā€™ dust or water on a hopeful crowd.ā€

Newspaper? What's a newspaper?

I remember hearing granny talk about something called a 'newspaper'.

<excerpts>
Hundreds of newspaper editorial boards across the country answered a nationwide call Thursday to express disdain for President Trumpā€™s attacks on the news media, while some explained their decision not to do so. The same morning, the president tweeted that the ā€œfake news mediaā€ are the ā€œopposition party.ā€

The editorials came after the Boston Globeā€™s editorial board called on others to use their collective voice to respond to Trumpā€™s war of words with news organizations in the United States.

Trump has labeled the news media ā€œthe enemy of the American peopleā€ and called much of the coverage ā€œfake news.ā€

ā€œThis is one of the many lies that have been thrown out by this president, much like an old-time charlatan threw out ā€˜magicā€™ dust or water on a hopeful crowd.ā€

Why should The Donald be NICE to the MSM vermin? Not ONE of these newspapers endorsed him, they ALL endorsed like the brainwashed vermin they are Hillary.

So they have ALL published a page bashing The Donald? What is new, they bash him EVERY DAY, they have done this since August 2016 EVERY DAY.

She also would talk about "party lines" for the telephone.

And phone booths! Apparently, they were all the rage with cosplay enthusiast back in the day.

lnc-season4.jpg

<excerpts>

So, you approve of coordinated propaganda. Good to know.

And phone booths! Apparently, they were all the rage with cosplay enthusiast back in the day.

lnc-season4.jpg

Damn.................I must be getting old, because I've used all three of those things. When I was younger, I lived with my Grandparents, and they had a party line.

Last phonebooth that I used was in Amarillo TX in 2001. However, if you absolutely, positively, MUST see or use a phone booth, there is still one located in Capulin, New Mexico.

Last time I used a newspaper? A couple of weeks ago when I was at the VA getting my eyes checked.

lnc-season4.jpg

Damn.................I must be getting old, because I've used all three of those things. When I was younger, I lived with my Grandparents, and they had a party line.

Last phonebooth that I used was in Amarillo TX in 2001. However, if you absolutely, positively, MUST see or use a phone booth, there is still one located in Capulin, New Mexico.

Last time I used a newspaper? A couple of weeks ago when I was at the VA getting my eyes checked.

I watched an entire Rose Bowl Parade from inside a phone booth. Best seat in the house.

lnc-season4.jpg

I watched an entire Rose Bowl Parade from inside a phone booth. Best seat in the house.

I'd imagine so. Close enough to the street to see everything, but you have walls all around you to keep people from crowding in on you.

Not a bad idea. I'd use it if phone booths still existed other than the rare one or two you see in small towns.

lnc-season4.jpg

I'd imagine so. Close enough to the street to see everything, but you have walls all around you to keep people from crowding in on you.

Not a bad idea. I'd use it if phone booths still existed other than the rare one or two you see in small towns.

Our youth group slept out on the street all night to get a spot. I went in there to get warm with Judy Katz.

Forum List

Back