Trump pulling out of Paris Climate Accord

DBLv77tUQAARB9U.jpg

Well it's not going to get any easier if we don't get started. Norway is now 50% electric cars. 80% of their power is hydroelectric. Now they're a lot smaller than us; I get that. But it can be done.
well maybe you should actually do some research and see where our energy is coming from. I think you'd be surprised. BTW, electric cars still need power. No matter what you may think it is the same mess that is the gas version of a vehicle. just saying. what happens to the batteries as they decline? ooops.
Wasn't that reg on power plants meant to correct that a bit? The one Trump just got rid of? Much better mass transit is the best idea.
But wind can be used and so can solar to produce electricity.
Another unlawful act. You are on a roll today!
Executive orders aren't unlawful unless the court says so.
Do you deny that wind and solar can produce electricity? Do you deny what I said about Norway? Quit making excuses. You are the young generation that is supposedly going to save us. What are you doing but sticking your head in the sand?

Let's consider Norway, and all their electric cars and hydroelectric energy- Norway is a country of around 5 million people (about the same population of Colorado) and a land mass the size of Montana. The petroleum industry makes up 25% of their GDP, and they are the biggest exporter of oil per capital outside of the Middle East. They are also a leader in hydroelectric power production mainly because they are fortunate to have the climate, topography and resources to utilize power from water. Hydroelectric requires rivers that can be dammed to create a potential energy with sufficient head as well as a cooperative population/government to allow the dams to be built. Those properties do not exist in most of the US the way they do in Norway.
We got sunshine. We got wind. We got topography. We got brains. We should use them.

where is that car today?
Ah, on the road. It's just not all of them. And 400 miles to the gallon is what we need.
Mass transit would be better. Lots of it.

You see, nobody really disagrees that more rapid mass transit would be better. The issue I have is the global climate change scare tactics employed in the name of (phony) science. Science is never settled, it's a process and not a series of proclaimed truths ala Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth.
It's true science is never settled and not every prediction comes true, for sure. But the science itself is quite settled that the planet is warming and that it is causing changes in weather patterns and gradual immersion of coastal land. That's not a theory. That's measured fact. Up here global (and ocean) warming is great because all the lobsters have migrated north from Massachusetts because the water is too warm for them down there now. But that won't last forever. Whatever way we can slow it down is a good thing. And absolutely no one is looking at air pollution itself as a thing we're breathing.
I'm glad people agree with rapid mass transit, anyway. That's a start.
Old woman, please stop, you're embarrassing yourself.
I didn't say a single thing that embarrassed me in the least. It's true about the temperatures and the lobsters. And the pollution. You aren't fooling me.

Wasn't that reg on power plants meant to correct that a bit? The one Trump just got rid of? Much better mass transit is the best idea.
But wind can be used and so can solar to produce electricity.
Do you deny that wind and solar can produce electricity? Do you deny what I said about Norway? Quit making excuses. You are the young generation that is supposedly going to save us. What are you doing but sticking your head in the sand?
EOs have been raped. Just like the commerce clause.
And PLEASE don't give me that shit. Trump wrote an EO inw hich he actually had the POWER to do so and you were glad it got shot down. For nothing other than partisan bullshit.
Of course they can
What about Norway? I didn't refute what you said, I just pointed out some aspecxts of the reality you conveniently missed.
What excuses? You are sitting here bitching about the environment when we don't even add 2% of Co2!!
Here is a million dollar question : How do you control something you CANT control?
Only those E.O.'s Harley likes are legal. That's how it is folks. Live with it.
You were indeed refuting what I said by saying the exact opposite. Norway is making it happen. Are we too stupid? Maybe.
The whole idea of the Paris Climate Agreement IS to foster some cooperation in getting the biggest polluters on the planet to slow it down. Pulling out sends the message it is bunk. That is not going to bring us any closer to stabilizing the problem. No, we can't control the climate. We can control our own impact on it. And to do that, we need the whole planet involved. This is a baby first step. And Trump is saying no. There is no reason to do that, that I can see.

The problem is that the Paris Accords require developed countries (mostly us) to pay undeveloped countries $100 billion dollars starting in 2020 to upgrade their energy platforms. I kinda have a problem with that until the US Congress votes to approve that expenditure. Until they do that and the current President signs that into law then we shouldn't do it.

How come those Accords require us to meet certain emission standards but not China? They don't have to do squat except TRY by 2030, and that's bullshit. China and India are the two of the largest polluters on the planet but those Accords do not require them to do squat. We do but they don't and that's bullshit.
Sez who, we have to do it? I thought it was all voluntary?

If people REALLY wanted to help the environment they would focus on rivers and the ocean with pollution instead of redistribution schemes for shit you WONT effect

And PLEASE don't give me that shit. Trump wrote an EO inw hich he actually had the POWER to do so and you were glad it got shot down. For nothing other than partisan bullshit.
Of course they can
What about Norway? I didn't refute what you said, I just pointed out some aspecxts of the reality you conveniently missed.
What excuses? You are sitting here bitching about the environment when we don't even add 2% of Co2!!
Here is a million dollar question : How do you control something you CANT control?
You were indeed refuting what I said by saying the exact opposite. Norway is making it happen. Are we too stupid? Maybe.
The whole idea of the Paris Climate Agreement IS to foster some cooperation in getting the biggest polluters on the planet to slow it down. Pulling out sends the message it is bunk. That is not going to bring us any closer to stabilizing the problem. No, we can't control the climate. We can control our own impact on it. And to do that, we need the whole planet involved. This is a baby first step. And Trump is saying no. There is no reason to do that, that I can see.

The problem is that the Paris Accords require developed countries (mostly us) to pay undeveloped countries $100 billion dollars starting in 2020 to upgrade their energy platforms. I kinda have a problem with that until the US Congress votes to approve that expenditure. Until they do that and the current President signs that into law then we shouldn't do it.

How come those Accords require us to meet certain emission standards but not China? They don't have to do squat except TRY by 2030, and that's bullshit. China and India are the two of the largest polluters on the planet but those Accords do not require them to do squat. We do but they don't and that's bullshit.

It is voluntary, and legally we don't have to do anything. But Obama made commitments that he had no business making without the consent of Congress and Trump is saying the we won't be keeping Obama's commitments.

Of course they can

It is voluntary, and legally we don't have to do anything. But Obama made commitments that he had no business making without the consent of Congress and Trump is saying the we won't be keeping Obama's commitments.
If it's voluntary, just fix the commitments he doesn't like and stay on as a signatory. Simple, shrimple. Thanks for explaining!

Seems that way but they are anonymous sources
Trump pulling U.S. out of Paris climate deal: Axios report

WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump has decided to withdraw from the Paris climate accord, Axios news outlet reported on Wednesday, citing two unidentified sources with direct knowledge of the decision.

Trump who has previously called global warming a hoax, refused to endorse the landmark climate change accord at a summit of the G7 group of wealthy nations on Saturday, saying he needed more time to decide. He then tweeted that he would make an announcement this week.

Fox News also cited an unidentified source confirming the pullout.
The decision to withdraw from the climate accord was influenced by a letter from 22 Republican U.S. senators, including Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, calling for an exit, Axios reported.
Good!
Shit wasn't even voted on. Remember Earnests words in 2015?
I think it’s hard to take seriously from some Members of Congress who deny the fact that climate change exists, that they should have some opportunity to render judgment about a climate change agreement
One of the biggest loads of partisan bullshit I have ever heard. He should have been shunned for that
Oh well
:eusa_dance:

This wouldn't surprise me. Trump is desperately looking for a rabbit to pull out of his hat--and this should send a tingley feeling up his supporters legs.

This is a 190 COUNTRY agreement that we (the US proposed)--which makes it even more egregious. Our allied look at Trump like the DRUNK uncle that you have to invite to the bar-b-q that sits in the yard by himself and blurts out something outrageous now and then.

EXON/MOBILE urges Trump to NOT pull out of the Paris Climate accord.

ExxonMobil Corp. is urging the Trump administration to not pull out of the landmark climate change agreement cobbled together in late 2015 by more than 200 countries.

The largest natural gas producer in North America, in a letter March 22, responded to an inquiry from the administration about its views on the Paris Agreement hammered out by the Conference of Parties, or COP21, formally known as the 2015 United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.

"It is prudent that the United States remain a party to the Paris Agreement to ensure a level playing field, so that global energy markets remain as free and competitive as possible," wrote

ExxonMobil's Peter W. Trelenberg, who manages environmental policy and planning.
The agreement requires participating nations to submit carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions reduction plans and review those plans every five years to keep a global temperature rise below 2 C above pre-industrial levels. The 2 C threshold is generally considered the point past which the most severe effect of climate change would occur.
ExxonMobil Urges Trump Administration to Remain in UN Climate Accord | 2017-03-28 | Natural Gas Intelligence

trump-stupid-people-large-groups.jpg

WASHINGTON U.S. President Donald Trump has decided to withdraw from the Paris climate accord, Axios news outlet reported on Wednesday, citing two unidentified sources with direct knowledge of the decision.

Trump who has previously called global warming a hoax, refused to endorse the landmark climate change accord at a summit of the G7 group of wealthy nations on Saturday, saying he needed more time to decide. He then tweeted that he would make an announcement this week.

The decision to withdraw from the climate accord was influenced by a letter from 22 Republican U.S. senators, including Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, calling for an exit, Axios reported.
Good!
I think it’s hard to take seriously from some Members of Congress who deny the fact that climate change exists, that they should have some opportunity to render judgment about a climate change agreement
One of the biggest loads of partisan bullshit I have ever heard. He should have been shunned for that
Oh well

This wouldn't surprise me. Trump is desperately looking for a rabbit to pull out of his hat--and this should send a tingley feeling up his supporters legs.

This is a 190 COUNTRY agreement that we (the US proposed)--which makes it even more egregious. Our allied look at Trump like the DRUNK uncle that you have to invite to the bar-b-q that sits in the yard by himself and blurts out something outrageous now and then.

ExxonMobil Corp. is urging the Trump administration to not pull out of the landmark climate change agreement cobbled together in late 2015 by more than 200 countries.

The largest natural gas producer in North America, in a letter March 22, responded to an inquiry from the administration about its views on the Paris Agreement hammered out by the Conference of Parties, or COP21, formally known as the 2015 United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.

"It is prudent that the United States remain a party to the Paris Agreement to ensure a level playing field, so that global energy markets remain as free and competitive as possible," wrote

ExxonMobil's Peter W. Trelenberg, who manages environmental policy and planning.
The agreement requires participating nations to submit carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions reduction plans and review those plans every five years to keep a global temperature rise below 2 C above pre-industrial levels. The 2 C threshold is generally considered the point past which the most severe effect of climate change would occur.
ExxonMobil Urges Trump Administration to Remain in UN Climate Accord | 2017-03-28 | Natural Gas Intelligence

Their was no WE twinkle toes..it was your Messiah, dictator in chief wbo went around Congress.

Live by the EO die by the EO .

Good!
Oh well

Obama did that on his own. He abused his powers.
I'm still waiting on a reasonable and logical reason why this is so bad. Maybe you can fill me in?

Of course they can

If it's voluntary, just fix the commitments he doesn't like and stay on as a signatory. Simple, shrimple. Thanks for explaining!

Not sure there are any of Obama's commitments that Trump likes. LOL, not being all that knowledgeable on the agreement, I'm not sure I like any of them either although I am not unsympathetic to the idea of taking steps to reduce carbon emissions and pollutants. What I really think is that Congress ought to have a say in any international agreements we make.

Russia is in favor of Global Warming .. they'll drill for oil in the Arctic.
That is why Trump is against the Paris Accord.

Russia is in favor of Global Warming .. they'll drill for oil in the Arctic.
That is why Trump is against the Paris Accord.

No, he is for the middle class , jobs and

Don't want to send the world in a depression over some dumb ass junk science cooked up by the idiotic tree huggers of the world

Forum List

Back