Trump pulling out of Paris Climate Accord

Well it's not going to get any easier if we don't get started. Norway is now 50% electric cars. 80% of their power is hydroelectric. Now they're a lot smaller than us; I get that. But it can be done.
well maybe you should actually do some research and see where our energy is coming from. I think you'd be surprised. BTW, electric cars still need power. No matter what you may think it is the same mess that is the gas version of a vehicle. just saying. what happens to the batteries as they decline? ooops.
Wasn't that reg on power plants meant to correct that a bit? The one Trump just got rid of? Much better mass transit is the best idea.
But wind can be used and so can solar to produce electricity.

Again , this is America...we don't do mass transit.

We used to. OR....maybe people will go back to living near their work, which would revitalize the cities. Lots of things can happen. Humans adapt.

Never in a million years will we go back to the cities with democrats in charge for one..and for two are you crazy? Once you live in the country where I never lock my doors to my pick up trucks or hose ..that will never happen.

I don't even lock the doors to my house living in the country and leave the keys in the vehicle.

well maybe you should actually do some research and see where our energy is coming from. I think you'd be surprised. BTW, electric cars still need power. No matter what you may think it is the same mess that is the gas version of a vehicle. just saying. what happens to the batteries as they decline? ooops.
Wasn't that reg on power plants meant to correct that a bit? The one Trump just got rid of? Much better mass transit is the best idea.

We used to. OR....maybe people will go back to living near their work, which would revitalize the cities. Lots of things can happen. Humans adapt.

Never in a million years will we go back to the cities with democrats in charge for one..and for two are you crazy? Once you live in the country where I never lock my doors to my pick up trucks or hose ..that will never happen.

I don't even lock the doors to my house living in the country and leave the keys in the vehicle.

Probably don't have anything in your trailer that anybody wants.

Yes, because its that simple..
Well it's not going to get any easier if we don't get started. Norway is now 50% electric cars. 80% of their power is hydroelectric. Now they're a lot smaller than us; I get that. But it can be done.
Another unlawful act. You are on a roll today!
Executive orders aren't unlawful unless the court says so.
Do you deny that wind and solar can produce electricity? Do you deny what I said about Norway? Quit making excuses. You are the young generation that is supposedly going to save us. What are you doing but sticking your head in the sand?

Let's consider Norway, and all their electric cars and hydroelectric energy- Norway is a country of around 5 million people (about the same population of Colorado) and a land mass the size of Montana. The petroleum industry makes up 25% of their GDP, and they are the biggest exporter of oil per capital outside of the Middle East. They are also a leader in hydroelectric power production mainly because they are fortunate to have the climate, topography and resources to utilize power from water. Hydroelectric requires rivers that can be dammed to create a potential energy with sufficient head as well as a cooperative population/government to allow the dams to be built. Those properties do not exist in most of the US the way they do in Norway.

Probably don't have anything in your trailer that anybody wants.
Just 4k worth of gaming computers alone.But that is what insurance is for.

DBKaHHBV0AA0izp.jpg

How would we ever survive (if we had to have cars that get 40 MPG and free power from the sun)?
where is that car today?
Ah, on the road. It's just not all of them. And 400 miles to the gallon is what we need.
Mass transit would be better. Lots of it.

You see, nobody really disagrees that more rapid mass transit would be better. The issue I have is the global climate change scare tactics employed in the name of (phony) science. Science is never settled, it's a process and not a series of proclaimed truths ala Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth.
It's true science is never settled and not every prediction comes true, for sure. But the science itself is quite settled that the planet is warming and that it is causing changes in weather patterns and gradual immersion of coastal land. That's not a theory. That's measured fact. Up here global (and ocean) warming is great because all the lobsters have migrated north from Massachusetts because the water is too warm for them down there now. But that won't last forever. Whatever way we can slow it down is a good thing. And absolutely no one is looking at air pollution itself as a thing we're breathing.
I'm glad people agree with rapid mass transit, anyway. That's a start.

Yes, climate is changing is a fact, it's always changing and always will. The Sahara desert was a rich fertile grassland a few thousands years ago. The little ice age cooled most of the northern hemisphere just a few hundred years ago. And guess what, those are facts and scientist can't agree on what caused either of those events. We have all the history and research yet can't agree on what caused them, so does it really make sense to assume we know what is causing climate change now. Of course not!

This would be the first major middle finger to globalism from the Trump administration. And the enviro-twitter meltdown will be beautiful.

The fact is that anthropogenic climate change is a theory, a theory that is very popular among uninformed masses and scientist who make a living researching and writing about it. Making dramatic changes to our economic structure which will harm an already stressed and shrinking middle class is very reckless.
How would we ever survive (if we had to have cars that get 40 MPG and free power from the sun)?

You know what, bringing up reality and facts does nothing to cool down the planet, so why don't you keep your fancy shmancy facts to yourself, so those on the left can peacefully bask in the idea of free and clean energy for everybody, jerk.
I know, I know. My bad.

Seems that way but they are anonymous sources
Trump pulling U.S. out of Paris climate deal: Axios report

Good!
Shit wasn't even voted on. Remember Earnests words in 2015?
I think it’s hard to take seriously from some Members of Congress who deny the fact that climate change exists, that they should have some opportunity to render judgment about a climate change agreement
One of the biggest loads of partisan bullshit I have ever heard. He should have been shunned for that
Oh well
:eusa_dance:
Bad.
I hope the anonymous sources are wrong. This is going to be bigger than Russia for 48 hours. You watch.
I don't think so. The media Russia lie has been going for over 6 months without one piece of evidence. No telling how long this latest lie will run, and no telling how many gullible fools, once having seen it "on tv", will swear by it.
Only for 48 hours, Mike. Then the Russia thing will be back 24/7. I predict a real fuss if he pulls out of the climate agreement. You ain't seen a fuss 'til you piss off the tree huggers AND the scientists and the majority of the world. It's going to be loud. For 2 days.

Like when they were going to have their march on Washington back in April after Trump signed his EO rolling back Obama's EO..

Once again live by the EO die by the EO..Trump has a cell phone and a pen also.

Two wrongs don't make a right. But they did have that march and the buzz lasted about 48 hours because scientists aren't violent. And they don't wear vagina costumes.
one wrong needs to be corrected. that is what is happening.

You know what, bringing up reality and facts does nothing to cool down the planet, so why don't you keep your fancy shmancy facts to yourself, so those on the left can peacefully bask in the idea of free and clean energy for everybody, jerk.

While taking our money and backrupting the country on a assnine junk science like AGW?..go to hell punk.

he was being facetious.

The fact is that anthropogenic climate change is a theory, a theory that is very popular among uninformed masses and scientist who make a living researching and writing about it. Making dramatic changes to our economic structure which will harm an already stressed and shrinking middle class is very reckless.
what regs would you be referring to exactly? I'm saying, our country has different flavors of alternative power. Hydro is the only reliable outside coal, and natural gas. And some don't even want the hydro power.

where is that car today?
Ah, on the road. It's just not all of them. And 400 miles to the gallon is what we need.

We to big a country, no one likes government subsidies Amtrak.

Excuses will get us nowhere.
well, again, what is your solution?

Do you deny that wind and solar can produce electricity? Do you deny what I said about Norway? Quit making excuses. You are the young generation that is supposedly going to save us. What are you doing but sticking your head in the sand?
sure wind and solar can produce energy, just not reliably. And you need reliable energy. Again, have you done any research? Or, do you just believe everything someone on the left says? Go to the internet and look up Germany and alternative energy. They are now buying coal again. ooops. it got toooooo expensive and unreliable.

where is that car today?

You see, nobody really disagrees that more rapid mass transit would be better. The issue I have is the global climate change scare tactics employed in the name of (phony) science. Science is never settled, it's a process and not a series of proclaimed truths ala Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth.
It's true science is never settled and not every prediction comes true, for sure. But the science itself is quite settled that the planet is warming and that it is causing changes in weather patterns and gradual immersion of coastal land. That's not a theory. That's measured fact. Up here global (and ocean) warming is great because all the lobsters have migrated north from Massachusetts because the water is too warm for them down there now. But that won't last forever. Whatever way we can slow it down is a good thing. And absolutely no one is looking at air pollution itself as a thing we're breathing.
I'm glad people agree with rapid mass transit, anyway. That's a start.
Old woman, please stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

EOs have been raped. Just like the commerce clause.
And PLEASE don't give me that shit. Trump wrote an EO inw hich he actually had the POWER to do so and you were glad it got shot down. For nothing other than partisan bullshit.
Of course they can
What about Norway? I didn't refute what you said, I just pointed out some aspecxts of the reality you conveniently missed.
What excuses? You are sitting here bitching about the environment when we don't even add 2% of Co2!!
Here is a million dollar question : How do you control something you CANT control?
Only those E.O.'s Harley likes are legal. That's how it is folks. Live with it.
You were indeed refuting what I said by saying the exact opposite. Norway is making it happen. Are we too stupid? Maybe.
The whole idea of the Paris Climate Agreement IS to foster some cooperation in getting the biggest polluters on the planet to slow it down. Pulling out sends the message it is bunk. That is not going to bring us any closer to stabilizing the problem. No, we can't control the climate. We can control our own impact on it. And to do that, we need the whole planet involved. This is a baby first step. And Trump is saying no. There is no reason to do that, that I can see.
what does that have to do with climate though? see you can't even say what the issue actually is because, wait for it, the science actually isn't settled. ooops.

and? you think that can happen in a city? if so, then you are nothing but a waste of time.

EOs have been raped. Just like the commerce clause.
And PLEASE don't give me that shit. Trump wrote an EO inw hich he actually had the POWER to do so and you were glad it got shot down. For nothing other than partisan bullshit.
Of course they can
What about Norway? I didn't refute what you said, I just pointed out some aspecxts of the reality you conveniently missed.
What excuses? You are sitting here bitching about the environment when we don't even add 2% of Co2!!
Here is a million dollar question : How do you control something you CANT control?
Only those E.O.'s Harley likes are legal. That's how it is folks. Live with it.
You were indeed refuting what I said by saying the exact opposite. Norway is making it happen. Are we too stupid? Maybe.
The whole idea of the Paris Climate Agreement IS to foster some cooperation in getting the biggest polluters on the planet to slow it down. Pulling out sends the message it is bunk. That is not going to bring us any closer to stabilizing the problem. No, we can't control the climate. We can control our own impact on it. And to do that, we need the whole planet involved. This is a baby first step. And Trump is saying no. There is no reason to do that, that I can see.

The problem is that the Paris Accords require developed countries (mostly us) to pay undeveloped countries $100 billion dollars starting in 2020 to upgrade their energy platforms. I kinda have a problem with that until the US Congress votes to approve that expenditure. Until they do that and the current President signs that into law then we shouldn't do it.

How come those Accords require us to meet certain emission standards but not China? They don't have to do squat except TRY by 2030, and that's bullshit. China and India are the two of the largest polluters on the planet but those Accords do not require them to do squat. We do but they don't and that's bullshit.

what is the plan to stop the earth from warming? got anything?.

I'm here for another 30 years, max. Aftrr that i I was be gone I live in the Northeast where we would love warmer weather. Why would i want to FIGHT global warming? It can only help me jn the time I have left.

This is a meaningless agreement. It does nothing for our interests and it will hurt our economy.

Forum List

Back