Trump Promises More Water for California

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
Donald Trump made a bizarre pitch to California voters, promising to fill the state’s canals with enough water to dampen forests to prevent wildfires.

Said Trump: “All the currently dry canals will be brimming and used to irrigate everything including your own homes and bathrooms and everything—you’re going to be happy and I’m going to get it done fast.”

He added: “They say that there’s so much water up north that I want to have the overflow areas go into your forests and dampen your forests because if you dampen your forests you’re not going to have these forest fires that are burning at levels that nobody’s ever seen before.”

And you know he is going to get it done. Dems, be afraid...very very afraid. I am sure Mexico will be happy to foot the bill like for the wall.

I believe he is addressing the lack of infrastructure in California to store water. After years of drought conditions they had an enormous amount of precipitation this past year and most of it ran straight into the ocean.

Here in Las Vegas, Lake Mead actually rose several feet for the first time in like 20 years.

Donald Trump made a bizarre pitch to California voters, promising to fill the state’s canals with enough water to dampen forests to prevent wildfires.

Said Trump: “All the currently dry canals will be brimming and used to irrigate everything including your own homes and bathrooms and everything—you’re going to be happy and I’m going to get it done fast.”

He added: “They say that there’s so much water up north that I want to have the overflow areas go into your forests and dampen your forests because if you dampen your forests you’re not going to have these forest fires that are burning at levels that nobody’s ever seen before.”

And you know he is going to get it done. Dems, be afraid...very very afraid. I am sure Mexico will be happy to foot the bill like for the wall.

Well, he IS a god.....:heehee:

I believe he is addressing the lack of infrastructure in California to store water. After years of drought conditions they had an enormous amount of precipitation this past year and most of it ran straight into the ocean.

Here in Las Vegas, Lake Mead actually rose several feet for the first time in like 20 years.
"lack of infrastructure"? :heehee:

And you are lying about Lake Mead, it's still only 25% of capacity and Las Vegas is on water restrictions.

The Saudis have built over 300 recharge dams to capture groundwater. Is that what Trump is talking about?

While stupid shit Dems have spent the past several decades shrugging their shoulders, Trump offers to fix the problem. And before you Trump haters embarrass yourself further, back when Republican's governed California they proposed exactly the solution Trump is proposing now but the left's extreme environmental whack jobs killed the idea.

While stupid shit Dems have spent the past several decades shrugging their shoulders, Trump offers to fix the problem. And before you Trump haters embarrass yourself further, back when Republican's governed California they proposed exactly the solution Trump is proposing now but the left's extreme environmental whack jobs killed the idea.

Did he say how?

Yet he didn't mention infrastructure. I'm guessing he'll do it the same way he'll end the war with russia in 24 hours--- magic.

The Saudis have built over 300 recharge dams to capture groundwater. Is that what Trump is talking about?
No, we have the mother of all fresh water supplies in Oregon and Washington. The Pacific Ocean forms atmospheric rivers that gather ungodly amounts of fresh water from the ocean, these slam into the Oregon and Washington coast and Cascade mountain ranges, stall and dump ungodly amounts of fresh water onto us. This simply flows back out into the Pacific ocean. Up north we are a rain forest.

I remember when California lobbied to divert some of this excess to California, Oregon environmentalists had a conniption fit and killed the idea.

How about a link to him saying how he will solve the problem?

And you are lying about Lake Mead,
Well, that would be your little secret, now, wouldn't it, kitten.

it's still only 25% of capacity and Las Vegas is on water restrictions.

When did I say otherwise?

Trump the consummate grifter.

How about a link to him saying how he will solve the problem?
Just stop, his proposal is doable California already studied it. The only thing preventing you or Trump from fixing the problem is out of control environmentalist. That's on you people. You can't blame Republicans Dems run the entire show out there on the west coast, California, Oregon and Washington.

What happened to that "rake the forest" plan?
Have you been through the forests out there? Because humans decided they knew better than 4 billion years of evolution humans ran around stamping out fires nature started for DECADES. The dead highly flammable debris built up on the forest floor because it was prevented from being burned off. In areas this is FEET thick. Now when a fire starts it burns so hot it kills everything in it's path including the trees. Prior to humans mucking up the natural process these annual fires were low intensity, cleared off the dead debris without harming the trees. That's before we even discuss humans mucking up the natural process of controlling bugs and pests, which natural fires did fine. Now they get decades to decimate forest.

Have you been through the forests out there? Because humans decided they knew better than 4 billion years of evolution humans ran around stamping out fires nature started for DECADES. The dead highly flammable debris built up on the forest floor because it was prevented from being burned off. In areas this is FEET thick. Now when a fire starts it burns so hot it kills everything in it's path including the trees. Prior to humans mucking up the natural process these annual fires were low intensity, cleared off the dead debris without harming the trees. That's before we even discuss humans mucking up the natural process of controlling bugs and pests, which natural fires did fine. Now they get decades to decimate forest.
Trump can install sprinklers to make dead trees grow so they don't catch fire.

And a Trump Cult member comes rushing to Trump’s defense.

Such projects are determined solely by Congress, not the president – unless Trump plans on becoming dictator, which Trump Cult members would certainly support.

Forum List

Back