Trump Pardons Convicted War Criminals

Now, just to show I am fair, I really don't have a problem with this....

Handing out murder convictions in a war zone is like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500.

Trump Pardons 2 Service Members Accused Of War Crimes And Restores Another's Rank

President Trump has issued pardons for two Army officers accused of war crimes in Afghanistan and restored the rank of a Navy SEAL who was acquitted of murder in Iraq.

"For more than two hundred years, presidents have used their authority to offer second chances to deserving individuals, including those in uniform who have served our country," said White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham in a statement released late Friday. "These actions are in keeping with this long history."

The officers include 1st Lt. Clint Lorance who has served six years of a 19-year sentence on two charges of second-degree murder and obstruction of justice after ordering his soldiers to open fire on three unarmed men in Afghanistan, killing two of them. He had been convicted in 2013.

The other pardoned officer is Maj. Matthew Golsteyn, a West Point graduate, who was awaiting trial for allegedly murdering a suspected Afghan bombmaker in 2010. The trial was scheduled for next year

Do you realize how bad you have to be to be to have your own military convict you of a war crime ?

Trump is basically saying that the troops can do anything they want without fear of reprisals.
How about you explain to me why Obama forced 1000's of military officers out of the military and replaced them with his hand picked political officers.

The military justice system was ruined by what he did. He made countless other terrible changes and politicized it for his own Leftist Agenda.

Yeah ok. He got us out of Iraq as promised . Anyhoo, this is about Trunps dangerous pardons .
You mean like Obama going to GITMO and giving Mass Murderers Blow Jobs on his knees like he loved to do?

Handing out murder convictions in a war zone is like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500.

Trump Pardons 2 Service Members Accused Of War Crimes And Restores Another's Rank

President Trump has issued pardons for two Army officers accused of war crimes in Afghanistan and restored the rank of a Navy SEAL who was acquitted of murder in Iraq.

"For more than two hundred years, presidents have used their authority to offer second chances to deserving individuals, including those in uniform who have served our country," said White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham in a statement released late Friday. "These actions are in keeping with this long history."

The officers include 1st Lt. Clint Lorance who has served six years of a 19-year sentence on two charges of second-degree murder and obstruction of justice after ordering his soldiers to open fire on three unarmed men in Afghanistan, killing two of them. He had been convicted in 2013.

The other pardoned officer is Maj. Matthew Golsteyn, a West Point graduate, who was awaiting trial for allegedly murdering a suspected Afghan bombmaker in 2010. The trial was scheduled for next year

Except there is a reason they are called war crimes. Should we not have tried Nazis at Nuremburg? Remember the Japanese we charged with war crimes for waterboarding?

And these guys weren't even charged by another country, but their own.

I was reading about a US military guy who specialized in doing ambassadorial type work. He wrote about his first assignment in germany in 1981.

He was moving his wife and children into an apartment in Berlin?

it was late.....so when he was MOSTLY done he went to bed planning on "cleaning up" the mess in the morning.

When he woke he found the mess had been cleaned by a neighbor.

So he went to the neighbor to thank him and apologize for the mess he left.

The neighbor, an old man, was kind and friendly and said he saw the young man moving his family in, that he understood and he was happy to help.

The old man spoke perfect english

The young man asked him about that....

the old man replied "I spent time in louisiana"

seems he fought for the germans in WWII
was captured and sent to a POW camp in Louisiana
where we was treated kindly and fairly (contrasted to how the germans and japs were brutalizing their POWs)

The old german said "I never forgot how well I was treated...so now when I see American soldiers I always say hello and thank them...."

The young military diplomat was moved

and whereever he was assigned he encouraged troops to be HUMANE and CIVIL to prisoners....

noting: " if we treat them badly they won't forget, if we treat them well we can all forget and move on"

Treat your prisoners HUMANELY

don't be nazis
or isis
or conservative
The only reason prisoners are treated humanely are because of Christian Conservatives dope.

Do you realize how bad you have to be to be to have your own military convict you of a war crime ?

Trump is basically saying that the troops can do anything they want without fear of reprisals.
How about you explain to me why Obama forced 1000's of military officers out of the military and replaced them with his hand picked political officers.

The military justice system was ruined by what he did. He made countless other terrible changes and politicized it for his own Leftist Agenda.

Yeah ok. He got us out of Iraq as promised . Anyhoo, this is about Trunps dangerous pardons .
You mean like Obama going to GITMO and giving Mass Murderers Blow Jobs on his knees like he loved to do?

You have been obsessed with gay sex lately. Did you get a new program added last week?

You have been obsessed with gay sex lately. Did you get a new program added last week?
Yes, but it's subscription based.

It's called, "How to become a Democrat is Three Easy Steps."

It includes a subscription to Man Boy Love Association Magazine, a Free Pass to Epstein's Kiddy Rape Island, and signed autograph of Bill Clinton, and a tube of anal lube. It also comes with a self help book called "Why Daddy Never Loved me and how being confused about The XX and XY Chromosome doesn't make you a Science Denier."

Last edited:

Except there is a reason they are called war crimes. Should we not have tried Nazis at Nuremburg? Remember the Japanese we charged with war crimes for waterboarding?

Do you know what the punishment is for using a Diplomatic Outpost as a Weapons Depot?

That is a major violation of The Geneva Convention, yet Obama nor Clinton ever faced a firing squad for Benghazi.

Care to explain that?

Care to also explain why Obama was releasing known Mass Murdering Terrorists in to the Battlefield to Kill again?

There is a difference between what happens in combat and what happens when you have people captive.

I know we are the good guys, we are on the side of truth, justice and the American Way. What OUR guys do is excusable.

But there is a Golden Rule, treat others like you want to be treated

Other countries think they are right too. If we look the other way when our soldiers cross the line, we have no right to expect others to not do the same in protecting American captives
When you start applying your Golden Rule to how you treat the president, then we'll believe you don't shove a dildo up your cavernous ass while furiously typing your dribble on here.
The Golden Rule is applied to our president

He is treated how he treats others

:CryingCow:

It sets a precedent for how we can prosecute war crimes in the future

There is a paper trail of how US troops committing atrocities are excused

There is a difference between what happens in combat and what happens when you have people captive.

I know we are the good guys, we are on the side of truth, justice and the American Way. What OUR guys do is excusable.

Other countries think they are right too. If we look the other way when our soldiers cross the line, we have no right to expect others to not do the same in protecting American captives
When you start applying your Golden Rule to how you treat the president, then we'll believe you don't shove a dildo up your cavernous ass while furiously typing your dribble on here.
The Golden Rule is applied to our president

He is treated how he treats others

So when he calls you a Communist Hairy Man Butt Bunghole Lover, the accusation requires NO PROOF.

So it is True. You really are a terrible person and a Defect of Nature.

It sets a precedent for how we can prosecute war crimes in the future

There is a paper trail of how US troops committing atrocities are excused
Why don't you comment on the War Crime that was Committed when Clinton and Obama used Benghazi as a weapons depot and personally payed for, financed and armed Al Queda to Assassinate Qaddafi? Are you too busy with your tongue up The Ayatollah's Assahollah?

Last edited:
The military has a code of conduct and rules they learn from day one of basic training. In the Marine Corps we learn them before we even fire a weapon for the first time.

These people were found guilty by their peers, in other words their own fellow service members said that what they did was fucked up.

You see, I don't buy that. The old saying is that "Military Justice is to Justice what Mlitary Music is to music." Now, never found myself in the gears of the UCMJ, but the reality- the presumption of innocence that we all enjoy really doesn't apply. You have career officers dealing with group think, doing what they think will please their superiors... .

Particularly 1LT Torrance, who was railroaded by the Army. He ordered his men to fire on Taliban scouts attacking the perimeter of his base of operations.

A couple of points. I have absolutely no problem throwing the book at guys who violate the Geneva convention or abuse civilians. That just wasn't the case here. Galleger was acquitted of the serious charges against him when the Navy's Star Witness admitted he killed the person in question, but they still convicted him of a petty offense.

Lt Lorance was convicted of firing at 3 Afghans who charged his position on motorcycle. The Army suppressed evidence these men had been bomb-makers.

Travesty of Justice - Wikipedia

Major Golsteyn killed a bombmaker who had already killed two members of his platoon, and was going to take action against friendly villagers.

Now, in the interest of balance, I think that the Army was equally wrong in prosecuting Bradley/Chelsea Manning and Bowe Bergdahl, two guys they never should have signed up to start with.

Certain point, you concede the war is over and you release the guys who made mistakes during it.

I don't think anything these guys did should be considered war crimes. In a moment of stress, they maybe made bad decisions. I made all sorts of bad decisions when I was a young Sergeant, but none of them got people killed.

We put young men in these impossible situations, some of them are going to make bad decisions.

I should also point out, the vast majority of people who commited war crimes for the Axis never saw a jail cell or any justice.

Some of them even worked their way back into polite society in Germany and Japan.

I agree with Trump. These guys volunteered, went thru the tough training programs, went to war, maybe had a lapse in judgment, went to prison, and should not have to be punished for the rest of their lives for temporarily crossing the line in a war zone. We don't want our soldiers to have to lawyer-up before going into combat. The fucking terrorists started the shit, so what happens happens. The troops now know that Trump has their back.

If Trump ordered them shot you would support him. What makes our soldiers different from the Nazis is that we hold our soldiers accountable. That is also why nations are willing to host our troops. This is about discipline. Being a soldier does not excuse you. Only 3 soldiers have been tried for war crimes so the standard is not too high. This is a slap in the face to every soldier who follows the rules.

So, we should allow a soldier to murder people? I don't think so.

We going to let police do it too? They are doing a tough job.

We can give some leeway as to the fog of war but to pardon? To go against the military suggestions?

We had a case where a local soldier was at a checkpoint in Iraq with two others. They raped and murdered a girl, killed her parents and set them all on fire? But hey, no problem?

Do we want our troops killing people at will? I am sure mistakes are made but they is why these things are investigated.

These weren't cases where someone was murdered. These were cases where the troops came under fire...

If Trump pardoned the guys who raped that 15 year old girl, then I'd have an issue.

Firing up some enemy scouts in a war zone... that was perfectly acceptable.

No it was not. They were unarmed and to shoot them is a war crime. Gallagher killed a soldier who was fighting for his life. He was no threat to anyone.

Trump just insured a couple million vet votes in 2020.

These people were found guilty by their peers, in other words their own fellow service members said that what they did was fucked up.

They were NOT peers, they were cod sack lickers that did not like gung ho people in their toon showing them up, so the cod lickers got together and fragged them for it, the cowards.

I was a Marine from 63 to 66, I know the type.

We do not want people who are out of control with a weapon. If they do not have the discipline to do this then they should be sacked. They were rightfully convicted and Gallagher and the person who lied on the witness stand for him are thugs not soldiers.

If any vets support this they were not real soldiers. They were thugs.

Finally, our troops get to be as bad as the people we fight. You hear that boys? Republicans want you to be monsters.
So when some one is intent on killing you, you should walk up to them and give them a big kiss? Got it....Liberals hate our troops but love ISIS...got it..

In each case they were in no danger. Real Americans refuse to accept misconduct from soldiers.

Finally, our troops get to be as bad as the people we fight. You hear that boys? Republicans want you to be monsters.
So when some one is intent on killing you, you should walk up to them and give them a big kiss? Got it....Liberals hate our troops but love ISIS...got it..

Liberals enabled the ISIS Caliphate to expand throughout the region to its maximum size in 2015, thanks Obama
230px-Near_East_ISIS_controlled_areas-fr.svg.png

Maximum extent of ISIL's territorial control in Syria and Iraq in late 2015.
ISIL territorial claims - Wikipedia

Then Trump destroyed it. Thanks President Trump.

Trump is doing the same thing. That is okay with you.

Forum List

Back