Trump pardoned a convicted war criminal and troops who have yet to stand trial

When you were in the military, were you taught you were sent there to kill unarmed people? I wasn't. In fact, I was taught that was murder.

An unarmed terrorist is still a terrorist.

That's as simple-minded as your previous post, which asked us to assume soldiers were sent there to kill unarmed men. There's a reason they were convicted. Trump can pardon them, but the UCMJ is there for a purpose, and it's not related to support-the-troops talking points.
I have a real hard time believing some of these folks who claim to have actually served.

I have not, btw.
Jag officers can want power and fame just like anyone else...……….and the political motives were there to appease the politics in Afghanistan...……….

So they threw these guys under a Greyhound bus for politics...……...nothing more and nothing less.

The military isn't supposed to be the POLICE...……..they shouldn't have to call a jag officer for permission to fire as they did over there in the Middle East...…………..They make snap decisions on the battlefield...…….and then get thrown under the bus by political hacks FROM THE CHEAP SEATS...…...

It's not the Cheap Seats that die when it goes wrong...…..or their people die for making the wrong decision...……….

Why anyone wants to serve under this BS is beyond me anymore.

Is there any question - from pardons to impeachment - that you guys can't address without smearing a character or impugning motives? Power and fame for a JAG Officer! What's his name again?
Was a general comment...………….and you know that...……...

They are not above corruption...…….the movies about them are a stinking lie...…….

My point on agreeing with these pardons stands...………...My only complaint on it ……..What took so fing long to do it.

That's as simple-minded as your previous post, which asked us to assume soldiers were sent there to kill unarmed men. There's a reason they were convicted. Trump can pardon them, but the UCMJ is there for a purpose, and it's not related to support-the-troops talking points.
I have a real hard time believing some of these folks who claim to have actually served.

I have not, btw.
Jag officers can want power and fame just like anyone else...……….and the political motives were there to appease the politics in Afghanistan...……….

So they threw these guys under a Greyhound bus for politics...……...nothing more and nothing less.

The military isn't supposed to be the POLICE...……..they shouldn't have to call a jag officer for permission to fire as they did over there in the Middle East...…………..They make snap decisions on the battlefield...…….and then get thrown under the bus by political hacks FROM THE CHEAP SEATS...…...

It's not the Cheap Seats that die when it goes wrong...…..or their people die for making the wrong decision...……….

Why anyone wants to serve under this BS is beyond me anymore.

Is there any question - from pardons to impeachment - that you guys can't address without smearing a character or impugning motives? Power and fame for a JAG Officer! What's his name again?
Was a general comment...………….and you know that...……...

They are not above corruption...…….the movies about them are a stinking lie...…….

My point on agreeing with these pardons stands...………...My only complaint on it ……..What took so fing long to do it.

My final comment, and perhaps outdated opinion, is that it takes something egregious to get the JAG called on a combat soldier in a combat zone. JAG isn't hovering over units, keeping score.

When you were in the military, were you taught you were sent there to kill unarmed people? I wasn't. In fact, I was taught that was murder.

I have not, btw.

Neither have I, but I am philosophically opposed to rules of engagement devised by the uninvolved that restrict our capacity to fulfill a mission.
The uninvolved. Like you? Let the experts determine the ROE. They know and what's more understand the objectives and what they need to achieve them.

So they say, yet they hogtie the troops.

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.'
- Shakespeare, Henry VI

I have not, btw.

I have, but it was over 45 years ago. I don't think the rules against killing the civilian population have changed.
My chosen career has had me associating with current and ex military personnel for decades, and I can assure you that you are correct.

Refuse collection hardly counts as forming associations with clients.

I have not, btw.

I have, but it was over 45 years ago. I don't think the rules against killing the civilian population have changed.
My chosen career has had me associating with current and ex military personnel for decades, and I can assure you that you are correct.

Refuse collection hardly counts as forming associations with clients.
That's nice kid, you run along now.

Pardoning convicted war criminals damages US credibility.

With who?

With the Afghans who thought the US was punishing a murderer of unarmed men, among others We do still have troops there.

We go to war to kill enemies. While there, kill them. Don't punish the troops for doing what they were sent to do.

------------------------ an American Soldiers is meant to kill the enemy no matter what you were taught . Are you just another 'soy boy' on the board JMiller ??

I have not, btw.

Neither have I, but I am philosophically opposed to rules of engagement devised by the uninvolved that restrict our capacity to fulfill a mission.
The uninvolved. Like you? Let the experts determine the ROE. They know and what's more understand the objectives and what they need to achieve them.
------------------------------------ the ones you reference are simply 'perfumed princes' and are in it as a career and for the money like 'mrobama' Crep .

and Truly said but an unarmed terrorist as in no uniform on he Battle field is a terrorist

I have not, btw.

------------------------------------ the ones you reference are simply 'perfumed princes' and are in it as a career and for the money like 'mrobama' Crep .
Yeah...nope.

looks like we got 'hoda' by the nutz no matter how much you object Crep .

Pardoning convicted war criminals damages US credibility.

With who?

With the Afghans who thought the US was punishing a murderer of unarmed men, among others We do still have troops there.

We go to war to kill enemies. While there, kill them. Don't punish the troops for doing what they were sent to do.

Did you serve in 'Nam?
If you did, you know exactly what the situation is like in fighting non-regular forces. Any man, woman, or child can and often will be a threat.

With who?

Do you understand how the military justice system works?
What the UCMJ is?
How it's interpreted and by whom?
Who has the authority to press charges against individuals?

When you do, we'll talk.

Trump signed an executive order to grant clemency to US Army 1st Lt. Clint Lorance, who was convicted of ordering soldiers to engage three unarmed Afghan men on a motorcycle, killing two of them in July 2012. Lorance served six years of his 19-year sentence.

Trump also signed an executive order to grant clemency to US Army Maj. Mathew Golsteyn, whose trial has yet to begin. Golsteyn stands accused of killing an unarmed Afghan man in 2010, and later disposing the body in a trash pit.

US Navy Special Warfare Operator 1st Class Edward Gallagher, a Navy SEAL who was demoted after a military trial found him guilty of posing in a picture with the corpse of an Islamic State militant, had his rank reinstated to Chief Petty Officer.

I object to “convicted war criminal” for Edit Gallagher. He was reduced in grade for posing with the body of a dead terrorist after a jury of his peers found him not guilty of ridiculous charges.

Lorance can’t get back the 6 years he lost but will be able to stand straight in front of the world.

Military leadership has been whining that this “degrades the military justice system.” These men were framed during the Obozo anti-military years and I’m glad to see this president set things right.

They're taught to be killers and then sent out with the heavy yoke of ignorant Rules of Engagement. And, let them do their assignments to the best of their ability, some desk jokey decides to punish them for it.

God Bless President Trump for doing this!

From @ Trump just overruled his top military officials in controversial war crimes pardons

Military leaders are worried that Trump pardoning troops accused of war crimes will impair the justice system and undermine overseas bases @ Military leaders are worried that Trump pardoning troops accused of war crimes will impair the justice system and undermine overseas bases
He has the right to pardon whoever he pleases, I have no problem with pardoning soldiers for taking out muslim scum...…..

Trump signed an executive order to grant clemency to US Army 1st Lt. Clint Lorance, who was convicted of ordering soldiers to engage three unarmed Afghan men on a motorcycle, killing two of them in July 2012. Lorance served six years of his 19-year sentence.

Trump also signed an executive order to grant clemency to US Army Maj. Mathew Golsteyn, whose trial has yet to begin. Golsteyn stands accused of killing an unarmed Afghan man in 2010, and later disposing the body in a trash pit.

US Navy Special Warfare Operator 1st Class Edward Gallagher, a Navy SEAL who was demoted after a military trial found him guilty of posing in a picture with the corpse of an Islamic State militant, had his rank reinstated to Chief Petty Officer.

I object to “convicted war criminal” for Edit Gallagher. He was reduced in grade for posing with the body of a dead terrorist after a jury of his peers found him not guilty of ridiculous charges.

Lorance can’t get back the 6 years he lost but will be able to stand straight in front of the world.

Military leadership has been whining that this “degrades the military justice system.” These men were framed during the Obozo anti-military years and I’m glad to see this president set things right.

They're taught to be killers and then sent out with the heavy yoke of ignorant Rules of Engagement. And, let them do their assignments to the best of their ability, some desk jokey decides to punish them for it.

God Bless President Trump for doing this!

From @ Trump just overruled his top military officials in controversial war crimes pardons

Military leaders are worried that Trump pardoning troops accused of war crimes will impair the justice system and undermine overseas bases @ Military leaders are worried that Trump pardoning troops accused of war crimes will impair the justice system and undermine overseas bases

That dipshit Muslim loving asshole Obama purged the military upper management of men with courage and conviction and replaced them with the yes men and Left leaning shitheads.

This action was just another effort by Trump to undo the tremendous damage to the US done by that affirmative action worthless asshole Obama. This goes hand in hand with Trump immediately changing the Rules of Engagement after assuming office.

God bless Trump.

God damn Obama.

Forum List

Back