Trump orders U.S. companies to "start looking for alternatives" to China

So now Trump is telling private businesses what to do. Watch the excuses come to justify this.

By Aimee Picchi

President Donald Trump is demanding that U.S. businesses "immediately start looking for an alternative to China," including bringing their manufacturing back to the U.S. The president issued the directive in a series of tweets on Friday morning after China hiked tariffs on $75 billion of U.S. products.

Mr. Trump's tweets heighten trade tensions between the world's two biggest economies, with China's latest countermeasures coming in retaliation for the U.S. planning to impose a 10% tariff on roughly $300 billion in Chinese imports starting next month and in December.

"Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing your companies HOME and making your products in the USA," Mr. Trump tweeted. "I will be responding to China's Tariffs this afternoon."

Trump orders U.S. companies to "start looking for alternatives" to China - CBS News

I agree with Trump on this one.

China is our enemy and should be shun like a race baiting bigot that posts daily about how America sucks...

Reality is many of you on the left refuse to acknowledge the threat China poses on our National Security with the blessing from Putin.

Also many of you on the left ignore the fact China has raped Africa for it resources, sell the supplies to make the drugs for the cartels in Mexico that damages our rural to inner cities communities and sell us poisonous products...

All you care about is if it will get Trump out of office and that is the sad part about most of you on the left is you will side with your enemy to get rid of Trump...

Meanwhile back in reality, your blob (when it benefitted him) didn’t hesitate to mimic the same behavior he is now telling others not to practice. Hypocritical much?

Yes I did. Though I can't recall any 'leftist' in favour of the idea.

That's the problem these days, the definition of left and right isn't what it used to be

I always thought it related to class warfare but my brother explained it to me the other day... left is now wokeness, SJW, LGBTQXYZ rights, #MeToo, safe spaces, transgender bathrooms etc. while right are those who want thing to go back to normal and vote for evil populists who promise to make sanity great again..

So, I guess I'm not left wing anymore

I'm still in favour of another civil war though... it's long overdue..

:popcorn:

Agree with you here. When you have people on both sides calling for another civil war you have to wonder if the country as a whole has lost its fucking mind!
The vast majority on USMB in favour of a civil war are of the rightard persuasion. What's this 'both sides' shit? In fact I can't recall one 'leftist' in favour of civil war.
/——/ What about the leftist slave owners who started the Civil War? What about the leftist Black Panthers calling for revolution on the 1960s? What about the leftists Antifa?

What about the leftist slave owners who started the Civil War?
They were conservatives, they wanted to keep the status quo. The progressives were those wanting to stop the spread of slavery.
/——/ Nothing Conservative about the slave owning democRATs who started the Civil War and nothing progressive about the slave freeing Republicans who preserved the Republic.

lol yeah we know you can't answer without looking like an idiot, no matter how you answered.
You're a provincial parochial ignoramus, as proud of your ignorance as you are ready to display it. Feel free.

Nothing Conservative about the slave owning democRATs who started the Civil War
The definition of conservative is wanting to keep the status quo. More parochial ignorance on display from rightards. Oh well.
/—-/ The Republican Conservatives wanted to maintain the Union. The democRATs wanted to start their own country.

So now Trump is telling private businesses what to do. Watch the excuses come to justify this.

By Aimee Picchi

President Donald Trump is demanding that U.S. businesses "immediately start looking for an alternative to China," including bringing their manufacturing back to the U.S. The president issued the directive in a series of tweets on Friday morning after China hiked tariffs on $75 billion of U.S. products.

Mr. Trump's tweets heighten trade tensions between the world's two biggest economies, with China's latest countermeasures coming in retaliation for the U.S. planning to impose a 10% tariff on roughly $300 billion in Chinese imports starting next month and in December.

"Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing your companies HOME and making your products in the USA," Mr. Trump tweeted. "I will be responding to China's Tariffs this afternoon."

Trump orders U.S. companies to "start looking for alternatives" to China - CBS News

China is our enemy and should be shun like a race baiting bigot that posts daily about how America sucks...

Reality is many of you on the left refuse to acknowledge the threat China poses on our National Security with the blessing from Putin.

Also many of you on the left ignore the fact China has raped Africa for it resources, sell the supplies to make the drugs for the cartels in Mexico that damages our rural to inner cities communities and sell us poisonous products...

All you care about is if it will get Trump out of office and that is the sad part about most of you on the left is you will side with your enemy to get rid of Trump...

Meanwhile back in reality, your blob (when it benefitted him) didn’t hesitate to mimic the same behavior he is now telling others not to practice. Hypocritical much?
/—-/ Could you be more ambiguous? Specifics please.

By Aimee Picchi

/—-/ Could you be more ambiguous? Specifics please.

He had his cheap crap made in china. And now he’s telling others not to do the same.

Forum List

Back