Trump orders U.S. companies to "start looking for alternatives" to China

So now Trump is telling private businesses what to do. Watch the excuses come to justify this.

By Aimee Picchi

President Donald Trump is demanding that U.S. businesses "immediately start looking for an alternative to China," including bringing their manufacturing back to the U.S. The president issued the directive in a series of tweets on Friday morning after China hiked tariffs on $75 billion of U.S. products.

Mr. Trump's tweets heighten trade tensions between the world's two biggest economies, with China's latest countermeasures coming in retaliation for the U.S. planning to impose a 10% tariff on roughly $300 billion in Chinese imports starting next month and in December.

"Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing your companies HOME and making your products in the USA," Mr. Trump tweeted. "I will be responding to China's Tariffs this afternoon."

Trump orders U.S. companies to "start looking for alternatives" to China - CBS News

I agree with Trump on this one.

China is our enemy and should be shun like a race baiting bigot that posts daily about how America sucks...

Reality is many of you on the left refuse to acknowledge the threat China poses on our National Security with the blessing from Putin.

Also many of you on the left ignore the fact China has raped Africa for it resources, sell the supplies to make the drugs for the cartels in Mexico that damages our rural to inner cities communities and sell us poisonous products...

All you care about is if it will get Trump out of office and that is the sad part about most of you on the left is you will side with your enemy to get rid of Trump...

Meanwhile back in reality, your blob (when it benefitted him) didn’t hesitate to mimic the same behavior he is now telling others not to practice. Hypocritical much?
/—-/ Could you be more ambiguous? Specifics please.

He had his cheap crap made in china. And now he’s telling others not to do the same.
/—-/ As it has been posted many times for years: Trump 2020 Hats Made In USA - Trump 2020 Online Store
Anyone can order red hats from China and have MAGA embroidered on it, even you to make a political point.

So now Trump is telling private businesses what to do. Watch the excuses come to justify this.

By Aimee Picchi

President Donald Trump is demanding that U.S. businesses "immediately start looking for an alternative to China," including bringing their manufacturing back to the U.S. The president issued the directive in a series of tweets on Friday morning after China hiked tariffs on $75 billion of U.S. products.

Mr. Trump's tweets heighten trade tensions between the world's two biggest economies, with China's latest countermeasures coming in retaliation for the U.S. planning to impose a 10% tariff on roughly $300 billion in Chinese imports starting next month and in December.

"Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing your companies HOME and making your products in the USA," Mr. Trump tweeted. "I will be responding to China's Tariffs this afternoon."

Trump orders U.S. companies to "start looking for alternatives" to China - CBS News

China is our enemy and should be shun like a race baiting bigot that posts daily about how America sucks...

Reality is many of you on the left refuse to acknowledge the threat China poses on our National Security with the blessing from Putin.

Also many of you on the left ignore the fact China has raped Africa for it resources, sell the supplies to make the drugs for the cartels in Mexico that damages our rural to inner cities communities and sell us poisonous products...

All you care about is if it will get Trump out of office and that is the sad part about most of you on the left is you will side with your enemy to get rid of Trump...

Meanwhile back in reality, your blob (when it benefitted him) didn’t hesitate to mimic the same behavior he is now telling others not to practice. Hypocritical much?

Typical response by a paid shill for the DNC...

1. I voted Libertarian in the 2016 election and even had I voted for Clinton and every Libertarian had voted for Clinton in Texas she would have lost Texas still.

That is in response to your pure bullshit that Trump is mine and in fact you own him more because you went with Hillary in 2016!

2. Trump is a hypocrite?

No shit Sherlock but maybe for once he has gotten something right...

Also Candy maybe Trump is like you leftists that cry about Taxes but never pay more, so he did what every other businessman has done and used China slave labor but now he is in a position of power he can slow that usage by other companies...

3. Now tell the board why you love China so much?

Is it because you hope they crush our economy and cause Trump to lose in 2020?

Do you really enjoy being on the side of a Communist regime that would enslave you if they could?

You lefties want US companies to keep doing business with communists that have been killing us in a trade war for 30+ years?
Trump's trade war.

But hey, lets ignore the largest market on the planet.

By Aimee Picchi

---------------------------------------------- so what ?? President has NO authority to order anything like his trolling order states . He is simply trolling You People and giving a heads up to American Companies and the 'chinese' to get ready . Also its just an announcement to the 'chinamen' and a warning to them that the TRUMP is going after them IM2 .

Agree with you here. When you have people on both sides calling for another civil war you have to wonder if the country as a whole has lost its fucking mind!
The vast majority on USMB in favour of a civil war are of the rightard persuasion. What's this 'both sides' shit? In fact I can't recall one 'leftist' in favour of civil war.
/——/ What about the leftist slave owners who started the Civil War? What about the leftist Black Panthers calling for revolution on the 1960s? What about the leftists Antifa?
What about Neo-Nazi's chanting jew won't replace us? Then getting into a car and running people over and even killing one?

Agree with you here. When you have people on both sides calling for another civil war you have to wonder if the country as a whole has lost its fucking mind!
The vast majority on USMB in favour of a civil war are of the rightard persuasion. What's this 'both sides' shit? In fact I can't recall one 'leftist' in favour of civil war.
Hell there is one in this fucking thread. And outside of the tiny walls of this message boards there are cucks calling for civil war, you know this don't you?

/——/ What about the leftist slave owners who started the Civil War? What about the leftist Black Panthers calling for revolution on the 1960s? What about the leftists Antifa?
What about Neo-Nazi's chanting jew won't replace us? Then getting into a car and running people over and even killing one?
---------------------------------------- just their OPINION about being replaced Aldo . As far as the single DEATH , well ACCIDENTS happen . Course , hang the killer car driver as he was reckless and killed a person though I don't believe that he intended to kill Aldo .

By Aimee Picchi

He had his cheap crap made in china. And now he’s telling others not to do the same.
/—-/ As it has been posted many times for years: Trump 2020 Hats Made In USA - Trump 2020 Online Store
Anyone can order red hats from China and have MAGA embroidered on it, even you to make a political point.

Wow…and the ties, suits, etc… before he was President? What is your explanation for that shit brains?

By Aimee Picchi

1. I voted Libertarian in the 2016 election and even had I voted for Clinton and every Libertarian had voted for Clinton in Texas she would have lost Texas still.

That is in response to your pure bullshit that Trump is mine and in fact you own him more because you went with Hillary in 2016!

2. Trump is a hypocrite?

Also Candy maybe Trump is like you leftists that cry about Taxes but never pay more, so he did what every other businessman has done and used China slave labor but now he is in a position of power he can slow that usage by other companies...

Do you really enjoy being on the side of a Communist regime that would enslave you if they could?

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of Trump. And for some reason…you (who swears you don’t like him) are rushing to defend the hypocrisy you agree exists.

Hell there is one in this fucking thread. And outside of the tiny walls of this message boards there are cucks calling for civil war, you know this don't you?
------------------------------------ are their calls for civil war ILLEGAL because I don't know Aldo ??

Wow…and the ties, suits, etc… before he was President? What is your explanation for that shit brains?
/—-/ post a link proving it. And where was your pc and cell phone manufactured? In this climate you always can’t find a domestic manufacturer who can supply your products. Whose fault is it that all the textile mills moved overseas? I’m talking about now, his stuff is American made.

------------------------------- so it was Before he was President eh Candy

/—-/ post a link proving it. And where was your pc and cell phone manufactured? In this climate you always can’t find a domestic manufacturer who can supply your products. Whose fault is it that all the textile mills moved overseas? I’m talking about now, his stuff is American made.

Thanks for proving my point for me. When it benefitted him, he had his stuff made in China.
Now that it doesn’t, he does not.

BTW.. American Apparel had their stuff made in Downtown LA for years so there are American Textile Manufacturers. Your blob made the decision to have his stuff made in China…nobody forced him to.

Shut the fuck up.

By Aimee Picchi

2. Trump is a hypocrite?

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of Trump. And for some reason…you (who swears you don’t like him) are rushing to defend the hypocrisy you agree exists.
------------------------------------------- I think that Cellblock explains In his post 111 the why of some of TRUMPS manufacturing in 'china' Candy . [BEFORE he was President Trump ]

Last edited:
lol yeah we know you can't answer without looking like an idiot, no matter how you answered.
You're a provincial parochial ignoramus, as proud of your ignorance as you are ready to display it. Feel free.

lol says the gimp who can't answer a simple question backing up what it said, and everybody can see that for themselves. Must suck to know you're going to lose on 2020, and no amount of dumbassery and criminal treason on your part can change that for you and your fellow deviants and scum.

/—-/ Just answer the question and stop pretending to be offended. No one believes you.
I'm not offended by US rightard parochial ignorance any more, I've seen too much of it. I just can't be bothered.

lol yeha right, that's why you're here desperately playing " I Touched You Last!!!" until we get bored by laughing at you and move on to laughing at some of your idiot gimp buddies..

------------------------------- so it was Before he was President eh Candy
--------------------------------- so it was BEFORE he was President and when he was a Straight up Business man . Difference today is that the TRUMP is PRESIDENT of the USA and is just fixing things that other Presidents both 'repub and dem' have done for the last 30 years and long before TRUMP was responsible for the USA Candy .

Every day his mental decline becomes more pronounced. Praying for the US in these troubled times.
/——/ Tommy is critical of an American president standing up for America.

Trump is not standing up for America.

He absolutely is standing up for America by trying to level trade with China. It’s been one way in their favor for too long. Is it bumpy, painful and bruising right now? Yes.... I am not going to argue that. But, long term, it’s necessary. This is very difficult for Democrats who are used to capitulating and worrying about what the rest of the World wants us to do.

Take off your Trump-hating glasses and think about the China situation that has plagued us going back 35 years. What would you do different now?

Another person that doesn't understand what a trade deficit is.

I would not place a tariff on goods. I would work with allies to pressure China. But Trump can't do that because nobody likes him. Hate to state the obvious, but we didn't become a country without help, we did not win any wars alone. We've accomplished little on the international stage by ourselves. And we won't make China change without allies.

Which allies are going to step up and why would they do it? What is in it for the them? Understanding a trade deficit and picking the best strategy to close it are relative but clearly separate.

By Aimee Picchi

Can you really be this stupid? Oh wait.......you can!

All in a days work for I Am two......

Forum List

Back