Trump orders U.S. companies to "start looking for alternatives" to China

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
So now Trump is telling private businesses what to do. Watch the excuses come to justify this.

By Aimee Picchi

President Donald Trump is demanding that U.S. businesses "immediately start looking for an alternative to China," including bringing their manufacturing back to the U.S. The president issued the directive in a series of tweets on Friday morning after China hiked tariffs on $75 billion of U.S. products.

Mr. Trump's tweets heighten trade tensions between the world's two biggest economies, with China's latest countermeasures coming in retaliation for the U.S. planning to impose a 10% tariff on roughly $300 billion in Chinese imports starting next month and in December.

"Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing your companies HOME and making your products in the USA," Mr. Trump tweeted. "I will be responding to China's Tariffs this afternoon."

Trump orders U.S. companies to "start looking for alternatives" to China - CBS News

So now Trump is telling private businesses what to do. Watch the excuses come to justify this.

By Aimee Picchi

President Donald Trump is demanding that U.S. businesses "immediately start looking for an alternative to China," including bringing their manufacturing back to the U.S. The president issued the directive in a series of tweets on Friday morning after China hiked tariffs on $75 billion of U.S. products.

Mr. Trump's tweets heighten trade tensions between the world's two biggest economies, with China's latest countermeasures coming in retaliation for the U.S. planning to impose a 10% tariff on roughly $300 billion in Chinese imports starting next month and in December.

"Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing your companies HOME and making your products in the USA," Mr. Trump tweeted. "I will be responding to China's Tariffs this afternoon."

Trump orders U.S. companies to "start looking for alternatives" to China - CBS News

Can you really be this stupid? Oh wait.......you can!

2nd thread, 2nd idiot who does not understand what a 'Regulation' is and that Obama set a US record with the my.her of oppressive 'orders' telling businesses what they could and could not do, and who is spreading the 'LIE' that President Trump is 'ORDERING' businesses not to do business with China.

The article I read states the President 'SEEMINGLY ordered businesses'...in other words, he did not ACTUALLY do so.

Jesus. You'll deny anything from the snowflake BOTUS*

Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing your companies HOME and making your products in the USA

*Buffoon Of The United States

I'll just copypasta my response from the other thread here.

One thing is certain. The only "herebye ordered" that's worth a hill of beans is if a President is issuing an Executive Order to the Executive branch of government in order to carry out acts of Congress.

"herebye ordered' doesn't mean jack squat nothin in a tweet. lolol. You can't just herebye order whatever the heck you want on twitter.

The choice of use of that particular language is intellectually dishonest in emphasizing the extent of his delegated powers. The less informed start believing he can just go 'herebye ordering' whatever he wants on social media. That's not how things work. And it dumbs down the electorate with regard to the function of our republic and system of checks and balances even worse than they already are.

Last edited:
I couldn't even find a Hitler quote for this one. Only one's condemning Brüning's decrees:dunno:.

You lefties want US companies to keep doing business with communists that have been killing us in a trade war for 30+ years?

You deplorables want the government to order patriotic, job creating, 'free' market corporations what to do?

:coffee:

To not export our middle class jobs to third world shit holes, since that defeats the purpose of having a free market economy.

2nd thread, 2nd idiot who does not understand what a 'Regulation' is and that Obama set a US record with the my.her of oppressive 'orders' telling businesses what they could and could not do, and who is spreading the 'LIE' that President Trump is 'ORDERING' businesses not to do business with China.

The article I read states the President 'SEEMINGLY ordered businesses'...in other words, he did not ACTUALLY do so.

“But...but...OBAMA!”

With how this thread is going so far, I have completely lost faith in America returning to any semblance of logic and reason.

By Aimee Picchi

Funny how you'll accept a coach directing his team on how to play, you'll accept some idiot in an article telling Whitey how he has to reform himself to please the Black man, but when it comes to the president of the USA telling business that China sucks and we need to pull the plug on them and go elsewhere, suddenly, you got a problem.

Jesus. You'll deny anything from the snowflake BOTUS*

Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing your companies HOME and making your products in the USA

*Buffoon Of The United States
Oh, stop. I really try not to mention that dumbass more than once per month. Besides, drank too much coffee. I really am gonna pee..

Thing is he's so often right.. but way too late.. dollars short.. and always soooo goddamn wrong!

With how this thread is going so far, I have completely lost faith in America returning to any semblance of logic and reason.
Son, this ain't America. At all. You really need to get out more. It never had logic or reason but the people are just like everywhere else.

By Aimee Picchi

Funny how you'll accept a coach directing his team on how to play, you'll accept some idiot in an article telling Whitey how he has to reform himself to please the Black man, but when it comes to the president of the USA telling business that China sucks and we need to pull the plug on them and go elsewhere, suddenly, you got a problem.

Trump does not have the authority to order private businesses to do anything. Just because you like the taste of his dick doesn't change that

You lefties want US companies to keep doing business with communists that have been killing us in a trade war for 30+ years?
That's not been happening.

Forum List

Back