Trump only candidate left who can win in Nov.

What's the point of electing trump if he is just a bully version of progressive light?

Far less liberal than rubio/bush
Not
^^^ That. Trump wants to raise taxes on the rich, he wants single payer, and he wants national health care. He clearly said that he wanted a better national program on Morning Joe this morning. Trump is a solid centrist progrssive, where as Bush and Rubio are far more conservative.

Trump may get some independents but not too many, I would think. He will get less than 2% Dem cross over.

I think you are overstating his potential at this point.
HIs message is designed to be popular to the Rust Belt. YOu underestimate his crossover.
The numbers don't show it. I would have thought with independents being able to vote for either primary, Trump would have done better. I was pleased with Kasich's finish.

I was pleased with it as well since he has no chance going forward. Trump did great and if it were foxs butt boy that got 35% fox would be declaring the race over.
And Trump had no chance of losing Iowa. :lol:

How did the last secular New Yorker who was leading nationally do in Iowa?

I think Rudy Giuliani took 6th.

The fact that is was even a possibility that he COULD have won Iowa is a miracle. And a second place finish was amazing.

Trump may get some independents but not too many, I would think. He will get less than 2% Dem cross over.

HIs message is designed to be popular to the Rust Belt. YOu underestimate his crossover.
The numbers don't show it. I would have thought with independents being able to vote for either primary, Trump would have done better. I was pleased with Kasich's finish.

I was pleased with it as well since he has no chance going forward. Trump did great and if it were foxs butt boy that got 35% fox would be declaring the race over.

The fact that is was even a possibility that he COULD have won Iowa is a miracle. And a second place finish was amazing.
Not according to his bluster and then his fluster afterwards. He will do well in SC and NV, I think. Then the real innings begin.

Its pretty clear now. Kasich will fade faster than Carson. No chance. Cruz is the most conservative but he would get painted as an extremist and would be lucky to get 43% in Nov. Bush/Rubio also have no shot. Rubio clearly isnt ready for the big time and Bush might generate the lowest conservative turnout in decades. Rubio cracks up unless he is on his network, Fox, where he is protected.

Trump can forge a coalition of people who normally wouldnt vote republican and he is in a position where he can withstand the establishment supporting Hillary. He will bring states into play that normally never vote Rep.

That's a weird conclusion, given that Trump consistently trails pretty much all the other Republican candidates in head-to-head match-ups v. Hillary or Sanders, and that he has by far the biggest negatives of all the Republican candidates amongst non-Republicans.

But I guess Trump supporters have to buy the myth that he's a winner.

Not according to his bluster and then his fluster afterwards. He will do well in SC and NV, I think. Then the real innings begin.

According to the history of the Iowa Caucus, it was amazing.

Trump is going to have change a lot of his rhetoric to make those connections that SarahGOP thinks he can make.

And sorry, Missourian, according to the polls he was supposed to steamroll the field, then he got hit by a Cruz missile. That was what was amazing.

Last edited:
Evidently someone is counting their chickens before they hatch...

counting nothing, just saying trump is the only one with the guts to take on the clintons without fear.

Big steady stream of leaks on Cankles. Newly Released Documents Prove That Hillary Sent And Received Classified Emails on Private Server

Newly Released Documents Prove That Hillary Sent And Received Classified Emails on Private Server

probably should be its' own topic but I put it here.

I'm glad that the RW radicals are ignoring and will most likely kibosch their only viable candidate, Kasich.

Trump is going to have change a lot of his rhetoric to make those connections that SarahGOP thinks he can make.

And sorry, Missourian, according to the polls he was supposed to steamroll the field, then he got hit by a Cruz missile. That was what was amazing.

That an evangelical won Iowa? Surely you jest. That a non-evangelical almost won Iowa...that's amazing. Try to spin it any way you want...but that is a fact.

If he becomes president ,,,god help my children god help America
I honestly don't think T-Rump would be so bad as a President.

He's really not a radical RWer, he's a pretty liberal dude.

A great businessman, who knows how to make deals.

I believe he'd find a way to get both sides to work together.

Isn't that what you want?

Trump also drove turnout to the highest level of any New Hampshire Republican Primary...and before all is said and done, might be the highest turnout for ANY New Hampshire Primary, beating out Obama 2008.

That is also amazing. :thup:

What's the point of electing trump if he is just a bully version of progressive light?

Far less liberal than rubio/bush
Not
^^^ That. Trump wants to raise taxes on the rich, he wants single payer, and he wants national health care. He clearly said that he wanted a better national program on Morning Joe this morning. Trump is a solid centrist progrssive, where as Bush and Rubio are far more conservative.
T-Rump is the only Republican candidate I could stomach.

The rest are too radical.

Kasich I could tolerate, but he'd still lurch the country to the far right, and he'll do it with an "Aw shucks!" smile, I don't want that at all.

If he becomes president ,,,god help my children god help America

yes it is and if I thought he'd get the parties to compromise he'd get my vote Unfortunately I don't see that happening

I don't think he's overly liberal...he is just not a social conservative.

And I also think he would get both sides to work together.

Just not so much at what the establishment wants done.

P.S. - I am a social conservative, and this doesn't bother me at all.

Its pretty clear now. Kasich will fade faster than Carson. No chance. Cruz is the most conservative but he would get painted as an extremist and would be lucky to get 43% in Nov. Bush/Rubio also have no shot. Rubio clearly isnt ready for the big time and Bush might generate the lowest conservative turnout in decades. Rubio cracks up unless he is on his network, Fox, where he is protected.

Trump can forge a coalition of people who normally wouldnt vote republican and he is in a position where he can withstand the establishment supporting Hillary. He will bring states into play that normally never vote Rep.
Yep...there's a reason Rachael Maddow pre-emptively witch-hunted Chris Christie. He's the only one who could've pulled it off. But he thinks with his own head so the GOP had to flush their only winner.

Ironic.

I'm not rooting for him, I want to see Hillary be our next President, which I believe she will be.

However, if he were to win, I won't be upset. I'd be amused, anxious, and not to mention shocked, but not upset.

I'm not rooting for him, I want to see Hillary be our next President, which I believe she will be.

However, if he were to win, I won't be upset. I'd be amused, anxious, and not to mention shocked, but not upset.

I really don't think Hillary can win anymore. Had she come out of the primaries unscathed and smelling like a rose, she could have been formidable, but she is getting beat up pretty badly by her own base, and is sprinting left just to hold the left flank.

That was a huge mistake. Bernie was going to win New Hampshire no matter what. Hillary should have ignored him and went on to South Carolina and whooped him, then whooped him in all the subsequent primaries. But she panicked. And now she is limping into the General Election instead of striding.

Forum List

Back