Trump Moving USDA from DC to Where Food is Grown and Deep State is Furious

Divide and Conquor. Put an agency away for the leaders? Not too smart.
Like I said, the snowflakes are foaming at the mouth.

C82CA6D2-C80C-4AA1-82AB-B3A5DE84C90A.jpeg

Deep States response to the swamp draining:
"Employees, congressional Democrats and a bipartisan coalition of former USDA leaders" have warned that the move "would devastate the two agencies," per the Post. ERS and NIFA have both recently unionized and some "union officials have promised to fight the move."

Trump to Move USDA Personnel From D.C. to Where Food Grows
Why isn’t the Pentagon in Afghanistan?
Good idea.

Moving bureaucrats out of D.C. won't make them any less bureaucratic.
Maybe so.But more departments need to be moved around the nation also. This will reduce the influence of a bloated government in the D.C. region which also turned two states blue do to the sheer amount of government employee growth. In your defense it may help red areas be less so. One of your non bureaucratic judges living somewhere near the Pacific Ocean may get involved though.

"Devastate the agencies"?

Since when did they start believing that the devastation of their agencies mattered in contrast to serving the American people as supposed to?
How are the USDA suits going to do their jobs where food is produced without a Starbucks on every corner?

Actually, there are plenty of Starbucks in Kansas City. Perhaps not as many as in Washington DC, but still plenty.

The gals in the USDA Steno Pool can be put on preferential rehire list for the agencies staying in the Washington area if they don't want to move.

But professional staff has to definitely be willing to go where the work is.

Ah, real links. Thank you. Particularly the politico link has real info instead of the hyperbolic noise in the op.

Now, why are you doing the OP's job?

Anywho, some employees are unhappy, which is not exactly unexpected in this kinda situation. A couple of Congress people on the relevant committees aren't happy either, again not really unexpected. No mention of this "deep state" nonsense, and while the trivial savings involved seems a pretty specious I don't see too many folks worried about it.

We grow food in NJ
Why don’t they send USDA here?

Ah, real links. Thank you. Particularly the politico link has real info instead of the hyperbolic noise in the op.

Anywho, some employees are unhappy, which is not exactly unexpected in this kinda situation. A couple of Congress people on the relevant committees aren't happy either, again not really unexpected. No mention of this "deep state" nonsense, and while the trivial savings involved seems a pretty specious I don't see too many folks worried about it.

It is sort of funny that anyone would include the ERS in the deep state. Shows how stupid of an idea the deep state is

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Dumbass needs to be spoon fed.

Dumbass needs to be spoon fed.
The guy was helping you out, why are you insulting him?

Deep States response to the swamp draining:
"Employees, congressional Democrats and a bipartisan coalition of former USDA leaders" have warned that the move "would devastate the two agencies," per the Post. ERS and NIFA have both recently unionized and some "union officials have promised to fight the move."

Trump to Move USDA Personnel From D.C. to Where Food Grows

Food grows everywhere. What a stupid idea. Most agencies have branch offices all over and headquarters in DC which makes sense since that is where the federal government is.

Forum List

Back