Trump misses his "McCain" moment

Fringe"?

There is nothing "fringe" about wanting to enforce our immigration laws or wanting trade policy that doesn't have huge trade deficits forever.

Hardly.....Immigration.....regardless of the rhetoric....is NOT our main problem and, regarding trade, let Trump apply for the Secretary of Commerce post and let him show all of us "how its done."

Our nation's problems and potentials are much more than the 2 above issues.

Our nation is undergoing a radical change brought on by immigration.

What issue is more important than the changing of who we are?

We have been going through that radical change for 150 years

Conservatives hated each new arriving group

Conservatives by their nature want slow change, not fast out of control change.

You don't think this change is for the good do you?

Conservatives have said every major group of immigrants are not good for the country. Irish, Chinese, Italians, Polish...go back and read the rhetoric from back then and it is the same rhetoric used today about Mexicans

They are lazy, criminals, stupid, taking jobs from "real Americans"

I like the way you switched arguments so smoothly there.

NO admission that you were being dishonest, which you were, and straight into suggesting that Republicans should not respond when you libs attack us, because that is the "Mature" thing to do.

Screw that. YOu want "Mature"?

You first.

Which of the people criticizing Trump are liberal?

You for one.

I wasn't on the stage on Wednesday...or was I?

I did not realize that your statement about not responding to insults was ONLY meant in the context of one specific incident.

Trump is incapable of ignoring any criticism without coming back with a personal insult

One of the reasons he is not suited to be President

McCain did not "criticize" Trump, he insulted Trump's supporters, and thus Trump himself.

Trump responded to a personal attack with a personal attack.

COmpletely reasonable.

Fringe"?

There is nothing "fringe" about wanting to enforce our immigration laws or wanting trade policy that doesn't have huge trade deficits forever.

Hardly.....Immigration.....regardless of the rhetoric....is NOT our main problem and, regarding trade, let Trump apply for the Secretary of Commerce post and let him show all of us "how its done."

Our nation's problems and potentials are much more than the 2 above issues.

We have been going through that radical change for 150 years

Conservatives hated each new arriving group

Conservatives by their nature want slow change, not fast out of control change.

You don't think this change is for the good do you?

Conservatives have said every major group of immigrants are not good for the country. Irish, Chinese, Italians, Polish...go back and read the rhetoric from back then and it is the same rhetoric used today about Mexicans

They are lazy, criminals, stupid, taking jobs from "real Americans"

It makes sense that sudden large influxes of outsiders would cause problems and some people would reach the conclusion that the negatives out weight the positives.

Those large influxes were eventually stopped and assimilation had time to take effect.

Are you holding those examples up as examples of success that should be emulated?

If you are, we are obviously well past the point of stopping this wave.

So, you'll be voting for Trump?:muahaha:

The above very much sounds like a quote from a Lakota Chief of the Dakotas.

It makes sense that sudden large influxes of outsiders would cause problems and some people would reach the conclusion that the negatives out weight the positives.

In less than 3 short years, this is what happened because of the Mexican war

USAH061-H.gif

The above very much sounds like a quote from a Lakota Chief of the Dakotas.

Standard lib drive by bumper sticker argument.

Now I will point out how badly uncontrolled immigration worked out for them.

And you will ignore it.

In less than 3 short years, this is what happened because of the Mexican war

USAH061-H.gif

Yep. Mexico allowed Americans to immigrate in large numbers to Texas if they assimilated.

Mexican Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"in 1824. The General Colonization Law which enabled all heads of household who were citizens of or immigrants to Mexico to be eligible to claim land. The law did not differentiate among races or social stature, and people who had been granted occupancy rights would be able to claim the land patent for the dwellings.[15] Unlike its predecessor, the Mexican law required immigrants to practice Catholicism and stressed that foreigners needed to learn Spanish.[16] Settlers were supposed to own property or have a craft or useful profession, and all people wishing to live in Texas were expected to report to the nearest Mexican authority for permission to settle."

"All colonists were expected to become naturalized Mexican citizens, and they were also supposed to follow the state religion."

Like the current US, they did not enforce their laws.

"The rules were widely disregarded and many families became squatters."

"In Austin's colony, the local priest formally converted new arrivals but then allowed them to worship as they pleased.[27]"

So, how did that work out for Mexico?

Did Trump intentionally revive the birther movement? Was that nut actually a Trump plant?
it's a good question. i think the media volatility lies with obama and his murky past, and not with Trump. it's not over. obama's birth certificate other documents, and life story controversy is not over. it's a big fat American mystery, will remain so until the missing pieces of the puzzle arrive.

the nut could be anybody's plant, or just a guy asking a question. one thing i notice is people trying to tie religion to documents. was obama ever a muslim ?? i never cared what race or religion a candidate is, only if they use the power of the elected office to change or cover up anything, past present and future.

overnight we have seemed to have made a great leap of trying to control the questions at an open forum, that too is alarming. are we blaming the candidates now, for not answering, or for the question itself, not defending the opponent ? where does that end? it squarely falls into my "chipping away at liberty" category. i guarantee trump doesn't care about the religion part of this portended media bombshell.

if their was no story here ? it would have died years ago. the difference between myself and the antibirther obots ? they still say no one is talking about it... i disagree.

Last edited:
If he were a more experienced politician, he would have known how to handle it. Add to the fact that he's, well, Trump, and he gave folks some fodder.

I very much like the idea of a non-politician, but this guy ain't what I have in mind. He's like the Tasmanian Devil for the GOP, destructive in all directions.

latest

Which of the people criticizing Trump are liberal?

You for one.

I did not realize that your statement about not responding to insults was ONLY meant in the context of one specific incident.

Trump is incapable of ignoring any criticism without coming back with a personal insult

McCain did not "criticize" Trump, he insulted Trump's supporters, and thus Trump himself.

COmpletely reasonable.
McCain was 100% correct about Trumps supporters
He is attracting the crazies as was evident in the we need to get rid of the Muslims question yesterday

When are Republicans going to stand up to the crazies and let them know they have no place in the Republican Party?

McCain did it....Trump won't

You for one.

COmpletely reasonable.
He is attracting the crazies as was evident in the we need to get rid of the Muslims question yesterday

When are Republicans going to stand up to the crazies and let them know they have no place in the Republican Party?

McCain did it....Trump won't
define crazy.

If he were a more experienced politician, he would have known how to handle it. Add to the fact that he's, well, Trump, and he gave folks some fodder.

I very much like the idea of a non-politician, but this guy ain't what I have in mind. He's like the Tasmanian Devil for the GOP, destructive in all directions.

latest

it's early, they're all playing their strategies. but if they think that Trump is going to sell Obama's past like everyone else, not going to happen.

has everyone here reread Obama's books lately ??

http://www.amazon.com/Dreams-My-Father-Story-Inheritance/dp/1400082773&tag=ff0d01-20

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...ix=fugitive+days,stripbooks,422&tag=ff0d01-20

Last edited:

The difference, my friend, is rather simple.....McCain's backers had some crazies....no doubt.....but the majority were sane republicans with legitimate partisan concerns.
Conversely, Trump's supporters are just simply nuts!!!!

The difference, my friend, is rather simple.....McCain's backers had some crazies....no doubt.....but the majority were sane republicans with legitimate partisan concerns.
Conversely, Trump's supporters are just simply nuts!!!!
well, who do you support ??

Although I mostly agree. we cannot "excuse" Trump's lack of spine when faced with that series of questions by a bigoted nut, as "inexperience."

We can excuse inexperience when someone does not really know the difference between Qud and Kurd......BUT, refusing to acknowledge Obama as a U.S. citizen is plain out, cowardice.

Forum List

Back