Trump: Middle East Would Be Better Off With Saddam, Gaddafi

Hard to believe I agree with trump. Harder to believe repubs support him after years of them supporting those wars.

Says the man planning to vote for Iraqi War supporter Hillary Clinton.

Yes sadly trump is aweful on everything else.

Oh? REally? YOu support using Third World Labor to undermine US worker wages?

Because HIllary does and Trump does not.

Really? Trump uses third world labor. That is supporting moron.

We already discussed his crazy tariff ideas and you couldn't come up with any support. History says they are bad.

Trump usED third world labor.

HIs policy platform is about changing the rules to fight that.

HIllary is all about continuing the policy of allowing employers to use Third World Labor to undermine US wages.

There is nothing crazy about tariffs.

Unless you believe those same economists that predicted that Free Trade would make US industry more competitive and lead to a rebound in jobs and wages.

If tariffs didn't work, other countries wouldn't use them on our goods. Why these morons don't get that is beyond me.

He's right insofar as what has happened after obama. Iraq was stable until obama pulled the rug out and wasted the lives and limbs of all of those soldiers of ours.
Obama is a creepy killer.

Now that is bizarrely revisionist history.

What Trump was saying is directly attributable to the invasion of Iraq under George Bush. ISIS formed during Bush's presidency, and the vast majority of U.S. soldiers who died in Iraq died while Bush was their commander in chief.

Senator Obama ran on a platform of extricating American troops from Iraq- and he followed through on his campaign promise. The government of Iraq wanted U.S. troops out and demanded that American troops be subject to Iraqi law if they stayed. Iraq was indeed stable- and lost that stability due to the corrupt and partisan Iraqi government.

The invasion of Iraq and the destruction of Libya were the products of incredible American ignorance .. and the people of those nations and region paid the bill.

The invasion of Iraq is on us.

...s.

You know, Saddam could have taken steps to ease tensions with the most powerful nation in the world.

Hell, France could have NOT undermined sanctions, leading to their collapse and the need for a new policy.

But predictably, you single out the US for blame.

"It's not even a contest."

Donald Trump said Sunday that the Middle East would be more stable if Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein and Libyan autocrat Muammar Gaddafi were still in power.

When asked on NBC's "Meet the Press" if he thought the region would be "safer" with Hussein and Gaddafi ruling Iraq and Libya, respectively, the real estate mogul and ersatz Republican presidential candidate replied, "It's not even a contest."

Trump reasoned that had the United States not forced Hussein out of power in Iraq, the Islamic State would not have come into existence.

More: Donald Trump: Middle East Would Be Better Off With Saddam, Gaddafi

Amen! I totally agree! Saddam kept the lid on that cesspool.

So you going to vote for Trump now, far left drone?

AS I have been saying all along Trump is a "progressive" acting like a "progressive", the only reason the far left hates him is because of the letter behind his name.

There is nothing "progressive" about being being against a War, or judging the results harshly.

Donald Trump said Sunday that the Middle East would be more stable if Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein and Libyan autocrat Muammar Gaddafi were still in power.

When asked on NBC's "Meet the Press" if he thought the region would be "safer" with Hussein and Gaddafi ruling Iraq and Libya, respectively, the real estate mogul and ersatz Republican presidential candidate replied, "It's not even a contest."

Trump reasoned that had the United States not forced Hussein out of power in Iraq, the Islamic State would not have come into existence.

Mr Trump is correct. The recently released Chilcot Report supports Mr Trump.

Chilcot report delivers damning verdict on British role in Iraq War

Hard to believe I agree with trump. Harder to believe repubs support him after years of them supporting those wars.

We already discussed his crazy tariff ideas and you couldn't come up with any support. History says they are bad.

HIllary is all about continuing the policy of allowing employers to use Third World Labor to undermine US wages.

Unless you believe those same economists that predicted that Free Trade would make US industry more competitive and lead to a rebound in jobs and wages.

I believe history which shows they are bad. Take your steel tariff. It cost the US more manufacturing jobs than the steel industry employs. Bad idea. But if you have some support for them let's see it.

Yep, should have done the time honored thing and just bribed them to be on our side...but noooooooooooo..........

If tariffs didn't work, other countries wouldn't use them on our goods. Why these morons don't get that is beyond me.

Give examples of tariffs being used successfully.

He's right insofar as what has happened after obama. Iraq was stable until obama pulled the rug out and wasted the lives and limbs of all of those soldiers of ours.

What Trump was saying is directly attributable to the invasion of Iraq under George Bush. ISIS formed during Bush's presidency, and the vast majority of U.S. soldiers who died in Iraq died while Bush was their commander in chief.

Senator Obama ran on a platform of extricating American troops from Iraq- and he followed through on his campaign promise. The government of Iraq wanted U.S. troops out and demanded that American troops be subject to Iraqi law if they stayed. Iraq was indeed stable- and lost that stability due to the corrupt and partisan Iraqi government.

The invasion of Iraq and the destruction of Libya were the products of incredible American ignorance .. and the people of those nations and region paid the bill.

...s.

You know, Saddam could have taken steps to ease tensions with the most powerful nation in the world.

Hell, France could have NOT undermined sanctions, leading to their collapse and the need for a new policy.

Last I checked we invaded Iraq- not Iraq invading us. Our invasion of Iraq was by choice.

And I say that as someone who was quite pleased when Saddam was executed- he was a foul putrid excuse for a human.

I hate to give credit to Trump for anything- but he is right regarding both Saddam and Qaddafi in that the Middle East would be more stable if they had stayed in power.

...s.

Last I checked we invaded Iraq- not Iraq invading us. Our invasion of Iraq was by choice.

And I say that as someone who was quite pleased when Saddam was executed- he was a foul putrid excuse for a human.

I hate to give credit to Trump for anything- but he is right regarding both Saddam and Qaddafi in that the Middle East would be more stable if they had stayed in power.

Dems have been saying that for years. Nice repubs are finally admitting they were wrong.

Really?

Trump hires foreign workers for his Florida resorts- instead of American workers.

Doesn't seem like he is working for U.S. worker wages.

I hate to agree with Trump about anything- but he is right- the world in general- and the Middle East in particular- would be better off if Saddam Hussein had been left in power.

Kudos to you for having the intellectual honestly to admit that you agree with Trump on an issue.

But, you're still planning on voting for the candidate that was part of the decision to invade.

I am voting for the candidate who voted in favor of invading like the majority of both parties. I disagreed with her then and I still disagree. But she is the better of the two candidates.

Trump of course couldn't vote because he didn't care enough at the time to participate in politics.

Really?

Trump hires foreign workers for his Florida resorts- instead of American workers.

Doesn't seem like he is working for U.S. worker wages.

He is just saying what the idiots want to hear. They think he is pro gun too, even though guns are banned at many of his resorts.

...s.

Dems have been saying that for years. Nice repubs are finally admitting they were wrong.

Not Republicans- Trump.

Just another example that Trump is hardly a Republican- he is a Trumpster, running as a Republican.

He is right to a certain degree about this- though wrong about other parts of the issue.

...s.

Not Republicans- Trump.

Just another example that Trump is hardly a Republican- he is a Trumpster, running as a Republican.

He is right to a certain degree about this- though wrong about other parts of the issue.

He has the most repub support so they must admit they have been wrong to support him.

This will thrill those Republicans on the fence!

I believe history which shows they are bad. Take your steel tariff. It cost the US more manufacturing jobs than the steel industry employs. Bad idea. But if you have some support for them let's see it.

Depends on what you want tariffs to achieve.

For a large portion of American history tariff's paid for the majority of the Federal governments expenses. The problem with tariff's is that they can be counterproductive- yours is an example. They also tend to be retaliatory and political.

What Trump is proposing would result in a huge tariff war, and an inevitable worldwide Depression.

More and more people are agreeing with Trump every day. Still think nobody's gonna vote for him?

He is going to lose. Take the hit now and November won't be so hard for you. Must get 40% of Hispanic vote...NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

More and more people are agreeing with Trump every day. Still think nobody's gonna vote for him?

He is going to lose. Take the hit now and November won't be so hard for you. Must get 40% of Hispanic vote...NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

he also would need for women to stop hating him.

that isn't going to happen either.

he only does well with old white males

Libya? Not so much- there was an actual popular uprising in Libya(unlike Iraq) and the United States provided support only after other NATO countries provided their assistance.

I shed no tears for the deaths of either Saddam or Qaddaffi- but I do recognize that they kept Islamic extremists repressed and relatively harmless.

The notion that the Libyan people wanted Gadaffi gone is a lie .. that can be easily proven.

The world's largest demonstration and protest FOR Gadaffi and AGAINST NATO and US bombing that killed countless innocent people.

Clearly, Obama lied. His administration lied its way into war no differently than the Bush Administration.

Sorry- Youtube is not proof.

Yes there was a popular uprising against Qaddaffi- and yes, the United States only joined in support after our European allies joined in first.

Youtube is proof ......
Gadaffi's government did more for the Libyan people than your government does for you.

Youtube is the refuge of con-men.

Qaddafi did many things for the Libyan people.

He also was a brutal dictator who killed his own people.

It's true there are a lot of retards out there. No doubt about it.

Trump is making more shit up. He's saying Hussein was a great guy who killed terrorists, which is the exact opposite of the truth. Hussein was a sponsor of terror. He had terrorist training camps in Iraq.

It's unbelievable how many of you Chumps line up to drink Trump's piss when he is telling gigantic whoppers like that.

It is not a complete whopper- but Trump of course is broadly ignorant about the Middle East.

Saddam Hussein did sponsor terrorism- but in a very limited fashion and he kept it under his own control- what Saddam did was stamp out radical Islamists in Iraq. He wasn't killing 'terrorists'- he was killing anyone who could be a threat to his dictatorship- especially anyone who might be a radical Islamist.

Removing Saddam from power- and removing the entire infrastructure and army that Saddam had built up left a power vacuum that was exploited by Iran, allowed Iraq to become a rallying ground and training area for terrorists, and allowed ISIS to be created.

So, in your opinion, he is right but for the wrong reasons, and you plan to vote for the person who was wrong, for the wrong reasons instead.

So in your opinion, Trump is wrong, for the wrong reason and you plan on voting for the person who was wrong for the wrong reasons.

Forum List

Back