Trump is hurting the Republican Brand

And importing more poor helps how?

It's what makes America the greatest country on Earth.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

That applies to LEGAL immigrants, and no one on either side is opposed to legal immigration.

That applies to LEGAL immigrants, and no one on either side is opposed to legal immigration.

Unles they are Moooooooslims.

Will Trump be looked at as a flash in the pan? A temporary sideshow before Republicans select their "real" candidate" or will he have a lasting impact on the party?

I think that a generation from now, when the post mortum on the Republican Party is written, Trump will be a prime culprit in.....Who killed the Republican Party?

Trump will ultimately fail. But he has shown the way for future Republicans in how to rally up the base, how to appeal to low information republicans, how to appeal to the bigots and haters

Future Republicans will not go Full Trump. They will tone in down, be more likeable, not as batshit crazy........but they will learn and the Republican Party will be forever changed

How will Hispanics look at the Party of Trump in the future? Will they shrug and say....most Republicans are not like that?

Or will they look at how many Republicans flocked to the message that Hispanics are not one of us, Hispanics are dangerous, we need to do everything possible to keep them out

Mmm, there are a few, such as me.

All the negatives associated with illegals are part of legal Third World immigration, if not more so.

Will Trump be looked at as a flash in the pan? A temporary sideshow before Republicans select their "real" candidate" or will he have a lasting impact on the party?

I think that a generation from now, when the post mortum on the Republican Party is written, Trump will be a prime culprit in.....Who killed the Republican Party?

Trump will ultimately fail. But he has shown the way for future Republicans in how to rally up the base, how to appeal to low information republicans, how to appeal to the bigots and haters

Future Republicans will not go Full Trump. They will tone in down, be more likeable, not as batshit crazy........but they will learn and the Republican Party will be forever changed

Nonsense.

The culprit is Ted Kennedy's 1965 Immigration Act which has, as designed, changed America to be receptive to the Left's policies, something they realized a long time ago they could not sell to the White Middle Class.

I am disappointed with your dishonesty on this RW.

The Republicans have run moderates, like McCain. They fail.

I note you don't say that the Republicans will WIN if they "tone down".

Because you know they won't.

You and yours will have successfully and permanently marginalized tens of millions of your fellow citizens who will never again have their interests or agendas represented in national policy and will have no legal or political recourse.

I hope you enjoy the tone of today's public debate, because these are the Good Old Days.

How will Hispanics look at the Party of Trump in the future? Will they shrug and say....most Republicans are not like that?

Or will they look at how many Republicans flocked to the message that Hispanics are not one of us, Hispanics are dangerous, we need to do everything possible to keep them out

Hispanics were bloc voting for Dems back when Trump was still donating to dems.

Why are you trying to blame Republicans for the successful strategy of the Dems?

It's almost like on some level you realize that this is going to be bad for the nation and want to dodge responsibility.

Nonsense.

The culprit is Ted Kennedy's 1965 Immigration Act which has, as designed, changed America to be receptive to the Left's policies, something they realized a long time ago they could not sell to the White Middle Class.

You and yours will have successfully and permanently marginalized tens of millions of your fellow citizens who will never again have their interests or agendas represented in national policy and will have no legal or political recourse.

I hope you enjoy the tone of today's public debate, because these are the Good Old Days.

Teddy Kennedy is now responsible for Trump?

Ah, but the poll also indicated most gopers don't think the Donald is hurting the brand. I'll probably vote Rubio, though I distrust his lack of experience, and I actually thing Hillary might be the best prepared for the job. Unfortunately, she would probably mean single payor, at least eventually.
Ah, but democrats elect presidents – it doesn't make any difference what republicans think of themselves, what matters is what weak democrats and independents think of the GOP brand, the candidates seeking the nomination, and the nominee himself.

And that is the key....

Candidates like Trump, Carson and Cruz create the Republicand Brand

That brand is a best seller in Red States, but selling more hate and fear in Red States only gets you votes you have already won

Poll: Majority Says Trump is Hurting GOP Brand

58 percent of adults say that Trump has marred the GOP's reputation, compared to just 24 percent who say he is helping its image.

Republicans are divided on the question, with 43 percent saying Trump is helping the GOP's image and 40 percent saying that he has hurt it.

Of all Americans, about half - 52 percent - say his language is offensive, while 43 percent say he's "telling it like it is."

But among all adults, Trump has a 27 percent positive favorability rating/ 55 percent negative rating.

Funny, you post this bullshit while Obama and the hildebeast have virtually destroyed the dem party. The party of Kennedy and Truman no longer exists. It is now the Alinsky party and you fools just go right along with it.

Liberalism is truly a mental disease.

Dems are doing just fine....winning the popular vote in four of the last five elections
They have reached a point where they have a nearly insurmountable lead in electoral votes. Starting with 242/270 needed

Republicans start with only 179 from their red states

Actually we've won the popular vote in five of the last six but who's counting? Gore got over half a million more votes than George W. Bush but Bush's family connections managed to throw out most of the Democrat votes.

have you heard of the electoral college? your ignorance is on display once again.

Tennessee has eleven. That's exactly what I was referring to when I said Tennessee was bright red and they had killed every vote I ever cast for Democrats in a national election....DUUUUUHHH!!!

If the brands were strong, Trump would have been laughed out of the room. In fact, he would never have even made a bid. He doesn't have the necessary intellectual capacity of an old school conservative Republican. Not even close.

This is true, and in many ways Newt Gingrich is the one who is to blame for the damage. The GOP used to be a party primarily focused on the Presidency of the party. Everything else was icing on the cake. While not always being the most popular of the two parties, we were the most trusted to lead and get things done. Gingrich shifted the thinking. He foresaw that the GOP could take greater control of Congress and state offices if they refocused on trying to tap into a more grass roots mentality. Gingrich insisted that the party should be focused on getting a Republican into office in every single election, from the Presidency down to the local town council. The result was pandering to the masses to gain a larger voter base. And it worked. At first.

But the masses are fucking stupid. And very quickly morons like Tom DeLay gained increased prestige as the GOP began an as of yet unnoticed decay. Now, everywhere you turn in the GOP there is this festering poison of appealing to the lowest dredges of human specimens in the country.

la-na-tt-trump-republican-problem-20150710

Last edited:
Trump has simply opened the valve on pent up frustration among the people long silenced by PC and fear of being called a racist. The establishment within each party smug and arrogant convinced that the people have no choice but to vote for their chosen establishment candidate are finding the people are sick of their shit.

Trump has simply opened the valve on pent up frustration among the people long silenced by PC and fear of being called a racist. The establishment within each party smug and arrogant convinced that the people have no choice but to vote for their chosen establishment candidate are finding the people are sick of their shit.

Why do Republicans enjoy not being PC?

Do they miss racist language that much?

^^^ and here we have an example, obey their PC rules or be branded a racist.

Nonsense.

You asked who history would hold responsible for "Who killed the Republican Party?"

I gave you an answer.

Here it is again.

Trump is the gift that just keeps giving

Nominee or not, Dems See Trump as Big Asset | RealClearPolitics

Even though all Republican candidates have condemned Trump for his anti-Muslim views, Democrats are still demonizing Republicans for running Trump

How can they do that?
Even though Republicans condemn Trumps rhetoric, they all say they will support him if he gets the nomination

Is this great or what?

Of course Trump is hurting the Republican Brand.
That is why so many Republican voters are supporting him.
They are sick to death of the Republican elite and RINO's.

Nonsense.

You asked who history would hold responsible for "Who killed the Republican Party?"

I gave you an answer.

Here it is again.

Republicans win the White House?

I've already told you the next Republican President hasn't been born yet

RW, PC lead to the suppression of debate on black issues, all the way back to the the Moynihan Report, 1965 and tens of millions of people have suffered terribly for it and the nation as a whole is far worse for it.

For you to pretend at this late date that the opposite of PC is to use "racist language" makes you part of the problem.

This ties in nicely with the "next Republican President not being born".

YOu libs have been playing a very smart and very dirty game for a long time now.

Victory is within your grasp.

The bit where you lie about it and say it's our fault, (conservatives, republicans, whites, ect) that is what is called "rubbing salt in the wound" and will greatly contribute to your victory being a "Happy Ending" for All Americans.

:haha:

Forum List

Back